Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

"ARE THE PLAYERS LETTING US DOWN AGAIN ? ? "

Fri May 20, 2011 12:35 pm

I am told from a reliable source that 10 of our players were in TGI Fridays in St Davids 2 on Wednesday night and there was an altercation involving members of the public and some of our players.

The story I am told is that one of our players allegedly got into a row with a customer in the restaurant who made an accusation that her backside was touched inappropriately.

A row ensued and the woman was allegedly called " a ginger c#$t ". Her boyfriend has got involved at this point and he has headbutted David Marshal, who he believes was the one who said those words. her boyfriend is a boxer and has NO interest in football.

I am told that Craig Bellamy was definitely not present.

The players were asked to leave the venue.

Re: ARE THE PLAYERS LETTING US DOWN AGAIN ?

Fri May 20, 2011 12:37 pm

Carl
Just to let you know, The club are going to state, once the Echo contact them, that this bloke out of no where came over and through punches at the players for no apparent reason.

Re: PLAYERS LETTING US DOWN AGAIN

Fri May 20, 2011 12:38 pm

It gets better and better doesn't it! :lol:

Fri May 20, 2011 12:41 pm

why mention the names of people present unless they have done something wrong? Being out on Wednesday night was not wrong in itself so why associate people like Gavin Rae with it just because he was present.......shit stirring of the highest order I'm afraid!

Re: " PLAYERS LETTING US DOWN AGAIN ? "

Fri May 20, 2011 12:44 pm

To be fair, David Marshall seems like the sort who wouldn't be causing trouble and due to his docile nature might be seen as an easy target by bullies. I'm not saying that Marshall touched this woman's bum or called her a ginger c*nt or not but I am going to reserve judgment until more is known.

It really wouldn't surprise me if there were members of the public looking for some mindless revenge for the Reading result and fancied having a pop and used any excuse. We've all come across dickheads like this before so it shouldn't be ruled out. Saying that, it would be typical of a footballer acting like that.

It just seems very random to me.

Fri May 20, 2011 12:44 pm

Wednesday night, the day after our (supporters) season came to a devastating end, you couldn,t make it up could you??? just goes to prove carl that they dont give a monkeys arse for our club, the sooner we get a new manager in and get rid of the chokers at cardiff city the better, we deserve better than this shower of sh*t!!!!!!

Fri May 20, 2011 12:46 pm

cityone wrote:Wednesday night, the day after our (supporters) season came to a devastating end, you couldn,t make it up could you??? just goes to prove carl that they dont give a monkeys arse for our club, the sooner we get a new manager in and get rid of the chokers at cardiff city the better, we deserve better than this shower of sh*t!!!!!!

Marshall and Rae didn't play on Tuesday so I don't see why they should hide their faces to be fair and ultimately they're all still human beings. It was only TGI Friday's, not Stringfellow's! :roll:

Fri May 20, 2011 12:48 pm

Just out of Curiosity Carl, is this the only forum reporting this incident?

Fri May 20, 2011 12:51 pm

Perhaps we should sign the guy up,he could add some punch to our attack :old:

Fri May 20, 2011 12:52 pm

Deano1 wrote:why mention the names of people present unless they have done something wrong? Being out on Wednesday night was not wrong in itself so why associate people like Gavin Rae with it just because he was present.......shit stirring of the highest order I'm afraid!

The only post Ive seen that mentioned Gavin is yours, unless its been deleted from a previous post.

Fri May 20, 2011 12:52 pm

Zabier wrote:
cityone wrote:Wednesday night, the day after our (supporters) season came to a devastating end, you couldn,t make it up could you??? just goes to prove carl that they dont give a monkeys arse for our club, the sooner we get a new manager in and get rid of the chokers at cardiff city the better, we deserve better than this shower of sh*t!!!!!!

Marshall and Rae didn't play on Tuesday so I don't see why they should hide their faces to be fair and ultimately they're all still human beings. It was only TGI Friday's, not Stringfellow's! :roll:

This post has definitely not been Carl's finest hour I'm afraid......The players weren't the only ones who had a bad end of season!

Fri May 20, 2011 12:53 pm

carlccfc wrote:I am told from a reliable source that 10 of our players were in TGI Fridays in St Davids 2 on Wednesday night and there was an altercation involving members of the public and some of our players.

The story I am told is that one of our players allegedly got into a row with a customer in the restaurant who made an accusation that her backside was touched inappropriately.

A row ensued and the woman was allegedly called " a ginger c#$t ". Her boyfriend has got involved at this point and he has headbutted David Marshal, who he believes was the one who said those words. her boyfriend is a boxer and has NO interest in football.

I am told that Craig Bellamy was definitely not present.

The players were asked to leave the venue.

Im not shock by anything our players get up to, they have no sense of pride.

Fri May 20, 2011 12:54 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:
Deano1 wrote:why mention the names of people present unless they have done something wrong? Being out on Wednesday night was not wrong in itself so why associate people like Gavin Rae with it just because he was present.......shit stirring of the highest order I'm afraid!

The only post Ive seen that mentioned Gavin is yours, unless its been deleted from a previous post.

Carl has edited the original post which said Rae was present and Kevin McNaughton was the one headbutted

Fri May 20, 2011 12:55 pm

Zabier wrote:

Whether they were involved is not the point, they are SUPPOSED to be professionals, was it really a clever idea going out in cardiff on block the night after another bottle job with so many people still raging about what happend????

Fri May 20, 2011 12:56 pm

Deano, The Echo are going run this story, so how is it not Carls finest hour ?

Players names have been edited by me and that is for legal reasons.

Carl has ONLY STATED FACTS.

And is reporting what will be out in the public domain anyway.

Fri May 20, 2011 12:58 pm

Deano1 wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:

Carl has edited the original post which said Rae was present and Kevin McNaughton was the one headbutted

Ok thanks for that, so its now David Marshal that got head butted.........?

No surprise is it Carl? Heard about this incident yesterday, the only shock is we haven't had a story about players on the piss on Tuesday night, would of been Rae, Hudson,Marshy + Parks as heard there pretty friendly (just a guess though)

Forever Blue wrote:Deano, The Echo are going run this story, so how is it not Carls finest hour ?

Because he got names wrong and associated innocent people with bad behaviour?

Fri May 20, 2011 12:59 pm

cityone wrote:
Zabier wrote:

Whether they were involved is not the point, they are SUPPOSED to be professionals, was it really a clever idea going out in cardiff on block the night after another bottle job with so many people still raging about what happend????

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: at your associating City players to be professional :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Brilliant

Fri May 20, 2011 12:59 pm

I heard this from another source yesterday but it was from a slightly different perspective.

The version I heard made no mention of a woman. Apparently the players were minding their own business when a "City Fan" approached them and started mouthing off about Tuesday's performance. The players tolerated him for a while but when he wouldn't let it go one player smacked him in the mouth.

Personally, I think if you're going to mouth off to anyone then you have to be ready for a comeback and this guy got it.

The player concerned is not one that you could accuse of lacking effort so perhaps the aggressor got what he deserved. I don't think we can expect players to tolerate abuse away from their work place any more than any of us would.

Fri May 20, 2011 1:00 pm

Ok thanks for that, so its now David Marshal that got head butted.........?[/quote]

Richard, It was Def Marshal who got attacked and yes Marshal might be innocent and the bloke had the wrong player.

Fri May 20, 2011 1:01 pm

Good call but if its 100% true then there is nothing to worry about.

Fri May 20, 2011 1:01 pm

Deano1 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Deano, The Echo are going run this story, so how is it not Carls finest hour ?

Because he got names wrong and associated innocent people with bad behaviour?

You did not know who was innocent and yes the other players were there, but as yet we dont know which players could be guilty .

Fri May 20, 2011 1:02 pm

Agree with other posters, can't believe Marshall would have started anything or been that abusive. Would have thought he was targeted as soft option by an agressive bully. Anyone who head butts someone else in public restaurant can have no defence in my book.

Have met Marshall many times and he is the quietest family orientated guy you could ever imagine being a pro footballer. Just my opinions.

Forever Blue wrote:Ok thanks for that, so its now David Marshal that got head butted.........?

Richard, It was Def Marshal who got attacked and yes Marshal might be innocent and the bloke had the wrong player.[/quote]

That bloke must be crazy, have you seen the size of David Marshal. Id have slapped him and run like f**k :lol:

RichardBluebird wrote:Players names have been edited by me and that is for legal reasons.

Good call but if its 100% true then there is nothing to worry about.

Richard, as of yet we dont know which players started it and Marshal could of been innocent and the bloke thought he was the one. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 20, 2011 1:03 pm

Annis will all of the players names involved be in the echo tomorrow? :o

Fri May 20, 2011 1:04 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Ok thanks for that, so its now David Marshal that got head butted.........?

Richard, It was Def Marshal who got attacked and yes Marshal might be innocent and the bloke had the wrong player.

That bloke must be crazy, have you seen the size of David Marshal. Id have slapped him and run like f**k :lol:[/quote]
:lol: :lol:

Apparently the bloke was a Boxer and was a hell of a size himself.

Cardiff is a village, when it comes to a story and in the end nothing can be kept secret.

Fri May 20, 2011 1:06 pm

BlueBalls 17 wrote:Annis will all of the players names involved be in the echo tomorrow? :o

I dont know as at the moment its being put down as an unprovoked attack by one man and the club are saying he came over for no reason and attacked Marshal.

Re: " ARE THE PLAYERS LETTING US DOWN AGAIN ? ? "

Fri May 20, 2011 1:07 pm

bspark wrote:Agree with other posters, can't believe Marshall would have started anything or been that abusive. Would have thought he was targeted as soft option by an agressive bully. Anyone who head butts someone else in public restaurant can have no defence in my book.

Have met Marshall many times and he is the quietest family orientated guy you could ever imagine being a pro footballer. Just my opinions.

This is exactly my thinking mate. The trouble is it only takes one of the players to act irresponsibly and something like this happens. Without stigmatising him, the one person I would say would do something like pinch a girl's ass and then call her a 'ginger c*nt' would be Chopra. However, it would be quite hypocritical for him to call someone else a 'ginger c*nt'! :lol: