Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

QPR TO GO FOR BOTHROYD ?

Fri May 20, 2011 7:28 am

Would be disappointed with this personally.

Not fit to lace Danny Graham's boots in my opinion.

QPR have had a £2.5million bid for Watford top scorer Danny Graham rejected.

Rangers boss Neil Warnock had lined up the 25-year-old, who hit 24 goals this season, as the club's first Premier League buy.

However, the Hornets have slapped a £4m price tag on former Middlesbrough star Graham, who is also wanted by Newcastle.

Warnock could now turn his attentions to Cardiff's Jay Bothroyd as he looks to find a striker capable of scoring the goals to QPR in the top flight.

Re: QPR TO GO FOR BOTHROYD?

Fri May 20, 2011 7:30 am

Does he need a lift, im off today, ill even pay the petrol!!! Need to be aiming much higher than this lazy tw*t stan or i really worry for you next season

Re: QPR TO GO FOR BOTHROYD ?

Fri May 20, 2011 7:31 am

Stan-QPR wrote:Would be disappointed with this personally.

Rangers boss Neil Warnock had lined up the 25-year-old, who hit 24 goals this season, as the club's first Premier League buy.

However, the Hornets have slapped a £4m price tag on former Middlesbrough star Graham, who is also wanted by Newcastle.

Warnock could now turn his attentions to Cardiff's Jay Bothroyd as he looks to find a striker capable of scoring the goals to QPR in the top flight.

Stan, Everton and Fulham were Favourites but since Jays England Debut, Jay has gone down hill Rapidly and if I was a Premiership Club I would not want him, So yes if QPR Want him, in My Opinion be VERY Disappointed .

Fri May 20, 2011 7:32 am

That's cheeky only bidding £2.5m! :lol:

I'd say they won't accept anything less than £5m.

Jay Bothroyd will be shit now. He's shown he doesn't have the personal attributes to be a great player and is fundamentally flawed. He'll go somewhere in the Premiership next season and have the odd moment but he'll just be another Jermaine Beckford.

Fri May 20, 2011 7:32 am

Best of luck with him Stan...could you imagine his and taraabt ego's clashing!!

Fri May 20, 2011 7:36 am

Stan-QPR wrote:

He's certainly not capable of getting the goals to keep you up.

Fri May 20, 2011 7:37 am

wdb2721 wrote:Best of luck with him Stan...could you imagine his and taraabt ego's clashing!!

Hahahaha, imagine the arguments at shower time!

Fri May 20, 2011 7:41 am

I read somewhere yesterday that they were after javier saviola and had bid 2.5m

Fri May 20, 2011 7:43 am

Hallett wrote:I read somewhere yesterday that they were after javier saviola and had bid 2.5m

Interesting move. Where is he now? He was the next big thing. Scored 50 goals regularly for me on FM a while back.

Fri May 20, 2011 7:51 am

Zabier wrote:
Hallett wrote:I read somewhere yesterday that they were after javier saviola and had bid 2.5m

Interesting move. Where is he now? He was the next big thing. Scored 50 goals regularly for me on FM a while back.

Benfica, I don't think he's in their starting XI though

Fri May 20, 2011 8:00 am

Bothroyd spends that much time on the floor he would make an exellent carpet fitter :lol:

Fri May 20, 2011 8:01 am

Hallett wrote:
Zabier wrote:

Benfica, I don't think he's in their starting XI though

Maybe they should sign Freddy Adu whilst they're at it as well! :)

Fri May 20, 2011 8:02 am

I agree with all posts above.

Wouldn't be happy with this at all, don't rate him, think he's lazy & is definitely not the man to get us the goals we will so clearly need to compete whereas Graham is imo.

To the person who said £2.5m was a cheeky bid, my understanding is that £2.5m was the figure in his release clause & that's why we went in at that price.

He's a geordie lad so maybe he's holding out for Newcastle to come in.

Heard the Saviola rumour myself along with other less likely ones in Robbie Keane, Joe Cole, Daniel Sturridge.

Although one I am told has legs is Jermaine Jenas.

Fri May 20, 2011 8:08 am

"IF THERE'S BLAME MAKE A CLAIM"

My name is jay bothroyd, and i play football for cardiff city. I have hurt my leg on various occasions while playing for cardiff
it seems to be a re-occuring problem, I keep on falling over during games, i think i keep tripping over the little plastic bit on the end of opponents boot laces. As this happens quite often during most games do you think i am in a postion to put in a claim for compensation? You can contact me via ccfc or if not available there leave a message with my agent, sportacus at lazytown .com

Fri May 20, 2011 8:13 am

llwynypia bluebirds wrote:"IF THERE'S BLAME MAKE A CLAIM"

My name is jay bothroyd, and i play football for cardiff city. I have hurt my leg on various occasions while playing for cardiff
it seems to be a re-occuring problem, I keep on falling over during games, i think i keep tripping over the little plastic bit on the end of opponents boot laces. As this happens quite often during most games do you think i am in a postion to put in a claim for compensation? You can contact me via ccfc or if not available there leave a message with my agent, sportacus at lazytown .com

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That made me spit out my coffee

Fri May 20, 2011 8:28 am

Stan-QPR wrote:I agree with all posts above.

Wouldn't be happy with this at all, don't rate him, think he's lazy & is definitely not the man to get us the goals we will so clearly need to compete whereas Graham is imo.

To the person who said £2.5m was a cheeky bid, my understanding is that £2.5m was the figure in his release clause & that's why we went in at that price.

He's a geordie lad so maybe he's holding out for Newcastle to come in.

Heard the Saviola rumour myself along with other less likely ones in Robbie Keane, Joe Cole, Daniel Sturridge.

Although one I am told has legs is Jermaine Jenas.

Stan, if that's true about the release clause, that's insane by Watford. Why did they not address this at Christmas? I can only imagine he refused to negotiate?

Jermaine Jenas, interesting and would do better than Taarabt in my eyes but is he still injury prone?

Fri May 20, 2011 8:39 am

Stan - talent wise Jay is far superior to Graham, he really has all the attributes to be a very good premier league player! However, its his attitude and application that have recently let him down! Despite this, up until his England call up he was a breath of fresh air at the club and im sure Warnock would keep his feet on the ground and get him playing just like he did to Taraabt. On a free Jay is definitiely worth the risk!

Fri May 20, 2011 8:41 am

I was told that Graham put talks off on a new contract but absolutely assured Watford that if they were promoted this season he would stay with them.

Can't see how they can start talking figures of £4m if he has a release clause? Makes me think its the player himself who doesn't fancy the move. Maybe he still has the hump about getting bottled at our ground when he scored in December. :lol:

Yes Jenas is an interesting one I agree. I see him as a player that could do well with a fresh start. A spuds pal says his injury problems are ok its more his application on the pitch that frustrates the fans.

Also pursuing Jimmy Bullard & Lee Bowyer also. Not glamour signings by any stretch of the imagination but Warnock is clearly looking at the same formula we had this season with a slightly younger average age (ie Derry & Hill)

Fri May 20, 2011 8:44 am

Jimbo27 wrote:im sure Warnock would keep his feet on the ground and get him playing just like he did to Taraabt. On a free Jay is definitiely worth the risk!

Jimbo I agree with this 100%.

If anyone can turn a pigs ear into a silk purse its Neil Warnock so in that case I agree with you he is worth the risk on a free.

Fri May 20, 2011 8:46 am

Celtic reportedly pay ledley 28k a week, so going by that I reckon he'll end up in Jock land.
Jay is not a premiership player.

Fri May 20, 2011 8:51 am

I just cannot see Jay being a Warnock type of player so if this move happens it will end in tears as far as I'm concerned.

Jay has been a great player for us but he really does test the patience of the supporters because of his languid style this means he can go from unplayable to being thrown around like a rag doll Warnock would give him 3 games max and then he would be sat on the bench or in the stands.

DJ has given Jay the opportunity to express himself and to a big degree he has done just that but he has also given him the room to fail and under perform, Warnock will give him no such freedom. Lets be fair no PL manager worth his salt would trust a player where you don't know what you'll get from one minute to the next.

Jay is a top championship player and whatever happens in the next few weeks he should stick to that level maybe the SPL because I think the PL will find him out. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 20, 2011 8:57 am

Stan jay's got no bottle, I don't know if you watched our game against reading, if you did you would have see jay shit out of a 50/50 with the reading keeper, it summed up why he's never reached the top in his career, bags of ability but no hunger and desire and no guts, he's certainly no Alan shearer or Duncan ferguson if I were warnock I'd look elsewhere

Fri May 20, 2011 9:03 am

if you want a striker to collect the ball but instead of attacking the goal dribbles to the corner flag go ahead :lol:
i think he's been found out to be honest. if i was the manager of the opposing team i'd tell my centre backs to hit him hard early on even risking a yellow because he's a wimp who isnt up for a fight..
saying that if warnock can do something about his falling over and toughen him up he would be a good premiership striker..
maybe he is worth a risk

Fri May 20, 2011 9:17 am

If he worked as hard as Bellamy he has the abilty to play for a top 6 side, unfortunately he doesn't and never will, we have had the best out of him, watch him fade back to the way he was............

Fri May 20, 2011 9:20 am

As I said he wouldn't be for me personally.

Seen enough of him to convince me he wouldn't be a fans favourite.

But as mentioned on the flip side on a free could be worth it.

I'm just hoping he won't be 'the man' to get us goals & is just an acquisition to the squad.

That's if theirs any truth in it.

Fri May 20, 2011 9:47 am

Cant see him going to QPR

Fri May 20, 2011 10:10 am

I agree mate.

On his second half of the season performances though I can't see many clubs clambering for him.

Only appealing factor is that he's on a freemans.

Fri May 20, 2011 10:57 am

I thought Warnock had a brain?

Fri May 20, 2011 11:47 am

CF14-SE14 wrote:I thought Warnock had a brain?

He signed Leon Clarke... He's allowed the odd f**k up :lol:

Fri May 20, 2011 12:20 pm

Hope your grass is softer than ours as he spends half his time on his arse , lazy , not Prem standard - would you ,like me to drop him off ????