Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Always look on the brightside of life ...... "

Fri May 20, 2011 6:46 am

Whats the matter with people ( Cardiff fans ) these days who are down and NOT renewing season tickets due to the current manager , previous regimes etc etc ........... ok we are a bit pissed off coz we have seen the biggest chance at automatic promotion to the top flight for about 50 years blown again but so what , we finished 4th in the league which in my 37 years of following City is again the highest league position Ive EVER witnessed . I have seen way too many relegations with CCFC including those to the dungeon that was Division 4 ( League 2 to the younger fans here ) , seen crap managers , crap players that my Gran can play better than , corrupt and dodgy chairmen who promised everything but failed to deliver .

Ive also sat through a boring 0 - 0 draw at home to Derby 30 years ago when news was filtering through of a 3rd Swansea goal at Preston which secured promotion for them to the top flight ( 1st Division ) while we dwindled in the lower regions of Division 2 .............. opening game the following season while some of us were watching City draw 2 - 2 at Oldham after being 2 down after 10 mins ( take note DJ ) news filtered throufh of Swansea hammering Leeds 5 - 1 in their opening game down the Vetch !!!!

Crowds have gone from 10,000 down to 3,500 and now back up to 23,000 and no longer do we have to go for a piss in an open toilet at the back of a wet and windy Ninian Park ........... away supporters actually start turning up nowadays in numbers , the match programme is now in colour and has more than about 20 pages plus I can have a pint inside the stadium and NOT under a tarpauling or a shed with the roof blowing off it . So in other words I'LL BE THERE for THE BLUEBIRDS yet again and for NOBODY else ............. it will take stronger words than " piss off " from an overpaid and overrated Arsenal reserve player to tell me otherwise . See you all in August or maybe July ( pre season ) :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Re: " Always look on the brightside of life ...... "

Fri May 20, 2011 7:05 am

Martyn,

These are not bad days, the last 11 years have been nothing But glory days and Cardiff City has come along along way on and off the pitch. iF FANS ARE FED UP NOW AND DONT WANT TO GO DOWN to WATCH CITY BECAUSE OF CERTAIN PEOPLE or NOT GETTING PROMOTION, I WOULD HATE TO SEE WHAT THEY WOULD DO IF WE WERE RELEGATED.

IF WE LOVE OUR CLUB, WE SHOULD FOLLOW THEM NO MATTER WHO PLAYS FOR US,MANAGES US or OWNS US or WHATEVER DIVISION WE ARE IN :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 20, 2011 7:11 am

Forever Blue wrote:Martyn,

These are not bad days, the last 11 years have been nothing But glory days and Cardiff City has come along along way on and off the pitch. iF FANS ARE FED UP NOW AND DONT WANT TO GO DOWN to WATCH CITY BECAUSE OF CERTAIN PEOPLE or NOT GETTING PROMOTION, I WOULD HATE TO SEE WHAT THEY WOULD DO IF WE WERE RELEGATED.

IF WE LOVE OUR CLUB, WE SHOULD FOLLOW THEM NO MATTER WHO PLAYS FOR US,MANAGES US or OWNS US or WHATEVER DIVISION WE ARE IN :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Yeah, as I said in another thread, I will never tell someone what I think they should do but I don't understand the mentality of splitting over an individual. The club will always be bigger than individuals at the club and even if Dave Jones did stay on (I know he won't be let's speak theoretically here) I would still give him my support next season.

Fri May 20, 2011 7:17 am

Zabier wrote:

Yeah, as I said in another thread, I will never tell someone what I think they should do but I don't understand the mentality of splitting over an individual. The club will always be bigger than individuals at the club and even if Dave Jones did stay on (I know he won't be let's speak theoretically here) I would still give him my support next season.

Totally Agree Zabier, I AM ALREADY EXCITED ABOUT NEXT SEASON, NEW MANAGER and VIRTUALLY WE WILL HAVE A NEW TEAM TO WATCH :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 20, 2011 7:20 am

The absolute worst case scenario Annis is that we drop down the divisions and then it's just back to the good old days. Think about the poor teams like Swindon and Plymouth who are really enduring tough times. We don't have it that bad at all. Bring on 2011/12!!!

It'll be nice to enjoy a season with no expectations. The Premiership would have been a load of corporate gash anyway! :ayatollah:

Fri May 20, 2011 7:21 am

I've got a feeling this summers gonna see carls fingers worn to the bone! Lots of comings and goings and i cant w8!!!!!! BRING IT ON :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 20, 2011 7:22 am

Zabier wrote:The absolute worst case scenario Annis is that we drop down the divisions and then it's just back to the good old days. Think about the poor teams like Swindon and Plymouth who are really enduring tough times. We don't have it that bad at all. Bring on 2011/12!!!

It'll be nice to enjoy a season with no expectations. The Premiership would have been a load of corporate gash anyway! :ayatollah:

Exactly Steve :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 20, 2011 7:22 am

This Season's disappointment aside, there's a lot of fans who are just pissed off with football in general, players who don't give a f**k, sky dictating kick off times, players wages going through the roof, ticket prices, being told you can't stand up, and told to sit down at these soul less new grounds, b*stard bubble trips, the list goes on and on.....football is crap these days.

Fri May 20, 2011 7:23 am

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:I've got a feeling this summers gonna see carls fingers worn to the bone! Lots of comings and goings and i cant w8!!!!!! BRING IT ON :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Carls going to be a Busy man :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 20, 2011 7:29 am

So will Carl's update this Sunday be the biggest and the best or is there a CCFC superinjunction issued against him ? :lol:

Fri May 20, 2011 7:33 am

Vintage 63 wrote:So will Carl's update this Sunday be the biggest and the best or is there a CCFC superinjunction issued against him ? :lol:

:lol:

DJ has tried :lol: :lol:

Fri May 20, 2011 7:39 am

now that the season is over then why shouldnt Carl blow the lid open on ALL that went on BUT was never posted due to circumstances and timings ................. good job nothing was said at the time or otherwise it would have blown CCFC's promotion chances :lol: :lol: :lol:

For another Championship season " I'll be There " :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Fri May 20, 2011 8:02 am

Got to agree with you Tommy Gunn, football is no longer as enjoyable as it used to be. No more just deciding on the day to jump in the car and go to away games without the worry of not getting in, we got stewards and even fans who go mental when you stand and sing. FFS at Watford over christmas a guy had binnoculars!! Imagine that years ago, they would of been thrown at the opposing keeper haha!! Well and these new stadiums are just lifeless, no atmosphere at all, and ours is one of the worst i'm afraid. What i would do to go back to Ninian!!

Fri May 20, 2011 8:11 am

Life's a piece of shit when you look on it :lol: it's all depends if you talk to someone who's pint is half full or half empty and if it's a Plastic pint or Glass pint :ayatollah: . But as soon as DJ announces he is going I am gonna crack open a nice bottle of Red. Then I will wait with baited breath who will replace jones if it is Di Matteo or Houghton I will be happy if it's Curbishly or several others I could mention I won't be happy. Let's see what pans out Chief but a lot feel down because of the Jacks as well.

Fri May 20, 2011 8:15 am

Although it hurts to say it the jacks totally deserve to be where they are. Do you honestly think we would have beaten them or Forest in the final? I'm sorry but i don't, both teams keep the ball way to well and both their midfields would of run ours ragged. Reading were poor and they did it to us so god knows what those two teams would of done!! I can only see a jacks win i'm afraid. Kills me tho!!

Fri May 20, 2011 8:15 am

Nuclearblue wrote:Life's a piece of shit when you look on it :lol: it's all depends if you talk to someone who's pint is half full or half empty and if it's a Plastic pint or Glass pint :ayatollah: . But as soon as DJ announces he is going I am gonna crack open a nice bottle of Red. Then I will wait with baited breath who will replace jones if it is Di Matteo or Houghton I will be happy if it's Curbishly or several others I could mention I won't be happy. Let's see what pans out Chief but a lot feel down because of the Jacks as well.

True ...... suppose coz Ive actually seen the Jacks go up while we dawdled along into sucessive relegations then it doesnt make it so difficult for me I guess . But we all need to ................. " cheer up Brian " :D :D :D

Fri May 20, 2011 8:29 am

When we go into a typical DJ run we even loose to the teams at the bottom of the league, like at Christmas time. Most of us could see that going into the playoffs we were never going to win that is why the supporters were not up for it. We would not of got through against Sheff Utd and to me that's a fact. So yes I will get excited if we have a massive clear out of players and manager getting rid of bad influences bad eggs ETC.

Fri May 20, 2011 8:50 am

Got to agree its time for a change. Of the current squad there's not many i'd keep and if di matteo was to come in, which i really hope, many of the players now would not be able to fit into his passing style of football.

Fri May 20, 2011 9:26 am

I can't see past di matteo..... he will offer us a completely different style, play five in the middle if we need too, play 3 up front if we need too etc....but what fans need to realise is we should forgot about promotion for at least a season, this Club needs rebuilding, not just with players, but the finances need sorting once and for all, get the wage bill down, and get the right players in on permanent deals, and players who actually care about winning and the progression of the job in hand. I really hope it will be Roberto, with time to get his players in, he'll make us a top team.

Fri May 20, 2011 11:08 am

Vintage, you're absolutely right. The fun of watching City for me isn't just success anyway (although obviously I'm desperate for us to go up and was massively disappointed by the finish to the season) it's the ritual of taking my son, going with friends, making new friends, travelling to a few away games, having a bit of fun and, hopefully, watching some good football. I don't go cos I expect us to win every game or I'd be a manic depressive.

Also, I've a feeling things could get worse before they start getting better so I think we could start shedding some of the newer fans, if not this season with 18,000 season ticket holders, then next. That would be a shame but that's football and hopefully we'll build for another promotion tilt soon. When we finally get to the Premier League, it'll be worth the wait and all the ups and downs involved.

Looking to next season, I agree it's time for a change of manager for the club's sake and for Jones himself. He's been a good manager but it's come to a natural end. But whoever it is, it'll lead to new hope and expectation (unless it's Avram Grant obviously). I can't wait to visit West Ham, Brighton, Southampton, Millwall, Bristol City, Swansea :D etc next season.

Man up and support the Bluebirds :ayatollah:

Fri May 20, 2011 11:52 am

Surely we support CARDIFF CITY FC not the premadonnas that come to the club and i for one will be looking forward to next season challenging the top again and having debates about who,when,how,where,this is what footballs all about not being a plastic with hopes of nipping in to get a ticket coz rooneys here if you love the city like i do then you have to roll with ups and downs and im sure that one day soon we will reach the promised land and stay there not like blackpool and a few others to mention who will be back in the championship next season CITY TILL I DIE :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 20, 2011 1:21 pm

I agree with everything youve said i just cant see how you can stop supporting your team because you dont like or agree with who is there. CARDIFF CITY is for LIFE :ayatollah:

Fri May 20, 2011 2:05 pm

ive supported city since 1978 no point in giving up now well said that man :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 20, 2011 2:49 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3ZjV9ow ... re=related

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 20, 2011 5:33 pm

Vintage 63 wrote:Whats the matter with people ( Cardiff fans ) these days who are down and NOT renewing season tickets due to the current manager , previous regimes etc etc ........... ok we are a bit pissed off coz we have seen the biggest chance at automatic promotion to the top flight for about 50 years blown again but so what , we finished 4th in the league which in my 37 years of following City is again the highest league position Ive EVER witnessed . I have seen way too many relegations with CCFC including those to the dungeon that was Division 4 ( League 2 to the younger fans here ) , seen crap managers , crap players that my Gran can play better than , corrupt and dodgy chairmen who promised everything but failed to deliver .

Ive also sat through a boring 0 - 0 draw at home to Derby 30 years ago when news was filtering through of a 3rd Swansea goal at Preston which secured promotion for them to the top flight ( 1st Division ) while we dwindled in the lower regions of Division 2 .............. opening game the following season while some of us were watching City draw 2 - 2 at Oldham after being 2 down after 10 mins ( take note DJ ) news filtered throufh of Swansea hammering Leeds 5 - 1 in their opening game down the Vetch !!!!

Crowds have gone from 10,000 down to 3,500 and now back up to 23,000 and no longer do we have to go for a piss in an open toilet at the back of a wet and windy Ninian Park ........... away supporters actually start turning up nowadays in numbers , the match programme is now in colour and has more than about 20 pages plus I can have a pint inside the stadium and NOT under a tarpauling or a shed with the roof blowing off it . So in other words I'LL BE THERE for THE BLUEBIRDS yet again and for NOBODY else ............. it will take stronger words than " piss off " from an overpaid and overrated Arsenal reserve player to tell me otherwise . See you all in August or maybe July ( pre season ) :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Yeah as soon as the fixture lists are out .......................... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: