Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: FOR ALL THOSE SLATING JAY BOTHROYD

Thu May 19, 2011 9:25 pm

He needs to go now, his work rate is below par, hes powder puff material, doesnt look interested thanks for looking the part for 2 months time to go now :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 9:57 pm

Grass Arse and the Alki can jog on together as far as im concerned,
i'd rather have 2 youngsters wanting to prove something and giving it their all, and finish mid table
than that lazy grass hugger and the alki bottle hugger, inthe side

Thu May 19, 2011 10:01 pm

adamt958 wrote:I Know he in the second half of the season wasnt up to a good standard but think about all the crucial goals he scored for us this season?.

But where do you think we would have finished without him in the side?

Crucial goals against
Sheff Utd 1-1 :ayatollah: -1 point
we would have been beaten at home by Burton in the cup :ayatollah:
Bristol City 3-2 :ayatollah: - 2 points
Millwall 2-1 :ayatollah: -2 points
Coventry (87th minute winner) 2-1 :ayatollah: - 2 points
Reading 1-1 :ayatollah: -1 point
Scunthorpe (scored 2) 4-2 :ayatollah: -2points
Reading 2-2 :ayatollah: -1point
QPR 2-2 :ayatollah: -1point

Overall thats a loss off 12 points without him in the side

We finished on 80 points in 4th place.
take away the 12 points.

WE WOULD HAVE FINISHED 7TH AND NOT EVEN MADE THE PLAY OFFS.

so just saying... Give him a little bit of a break :ayatollah:

well said, buddy

Thu May 19, 2011 10:39 pm

we averaged 1.10 points a game without jay bothroyd

we averaged 1.92 points a game with jay bothroyd

on tuesday he looked easily our classiest player (along with whitts and kev), yes he completely bottled a fantastic chance but that's just the kind of player he is

i won't be too disappointed to see him go on the back of the last few months but it can't be denied that he was amongst the best players ever to put on the city shirt, dave jones gameplan this season was very much based around him and if it wasn't for him and bellamy i think we would have finished midtable or worse

Fri May 20, 2011 12:29 am

stuckster wrote:Here Here!!!! People on here wanting to keeps Chopra and slagging Jay.

In my honest opinion he is the most talented player i have seen in a City shirt and will sorely miss him. Had his faults but the pluses far outweighed that.

Agree, Jay is a far far far superior player to chops!

Fri May 20, 2011 12:33 am

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Id make him the highest paid player and do everything I could to keep him but he is off....We wont realise how good he is until he is gone sadly

I will say this: if it is true that he was only offered about a grand or so extra a week than he was on at the start of the season, then that was a disgrace. I remember a few reputable posters saying on here that the increase offered to him was meagre.

That is a fact! He was getting far less than chopra and the club refused to budge, he has not been treated fairly at all! I've been disappointed with him since his England call up but apart from the last 6 months I would say he has been the most complete forward Ive seen in my time at city! Parkin is an absolute joke compared to him, not fit to lace his boots! When he's gone he will leave a gaping hole! Thanks for the memories Jay!!

Fri May 20, 2011 7:29 am

If Jay hadn't got injured last May or this winter then who knows where we might be now? Is it his fault that the manager made our game dependent on him playing and when he wasn't fit or available we struggled?

Yes he's annoying BUT if he had been any different he would not have been here anyway as he has the ability to play higher and at the beginning of this season I think he showed us the desire.
Unfortunately I think the England call up, his injury and no agreement over his new contract changed his attitude, we do not know what has been going on behind the scenes but you suspect with contract and loan players getting more money , it would p1$$ you off especially when the manager makes you the focal point of our play and our most important player.

If he goes then I will wish him good luck as for £300,000 , he has been a success for us.

We should have sorted this out last summer as a priority, I think with the right manager Jay could achieve a lot more here if he really wanted to.