Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " THE CLOCK IS TICKING and DAVE JONES "

Thu May 19, 2011 8:30 pm

stickywicket wrote:Craig should be the new manager with an experianced assistant

Be a farcical choice and would not work. Won't happen anyway.

Martin O Neil or Di Mateo would be good..... love to see Eddie Newton back at the club :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Daya wrote:
castleblue wrote:
Merlin wrote:I'm still rooting for ZOLA! did Bellamy and Zola work or play together at West ham?

Yes they did and they had a huge bust up because Zola would not agree to allow Craig to talk to Tottenham, Craig stormed out of training one day and was reported to have gone on strike. He later transferred to Manchester City so all in all I just can't see Craig being impressed with having Zola around.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thats bollocks - Quote CB " Zola one of the best coaches ever worked with " .

hello again :D :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 8:31 pm

Magners wrote:Martin O'Neil. We need discipline at the club and Martin O'Neil is the man.

Also has experience, an excellent track record and his teams always have a 100% work ethic.

No chance . Dream on.

Thu May 19, 2011 8:32 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Sean O'Driscoll.

When I have seen his side play against us I have been impressed. I thought they were unlucky not to beat us at their place last time. Bellamy made his debut against them and besides his goal most people talk about that first 20 minutes where they nearly stole the show.

I think we should offer him the job as he allowed Eddie Johnson to score for us.

Not a bad shout there Ian.

Thu May 19, 2011 8:34 pm

If you want to dream: David Moyes
If You want passion: De Canio
If you want a laugh: Diego Maradonna
If you want a gamble : Ray Wilkins
If you want City legend : Andy Legg
If you want Welsh legend : Hughes
If you want to to wait till after Sunday: McCarthy or Mcleish

For me Steve Coppell or Gary Megson

Thu May 19, 2011 8:34 pm

Mr_Picton wrote:If you want to dream: David Moyes
If You want passion: De Canio
If you want a laugh: Diego Maradonna
If you want a gamble : Ray Wilkins
If you want City legend : Andy Legg
If you want Welsh legend : Hughes
If you want to to wait till after Sunday: McCarthy or Mcleish

For me Steve Coppell or Gary Megson

fair play :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 8:35 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Dean Holdsworth.

He has done his managerial apprenticeship with Newport County and has moved onto Aldershot. He is a known name from his Premiership days with Wimbledon and Bolton and would come as an unknown quantity in this league.

He also has a connection to one Sam Hammam

Known name ? So what?

SH - so what ?

Your choice is your choice , wouldn't be mine but one that would no doubt fit next years cost cutting budget.

Thu May 19, 2011 8:37 pm

Wa his he going tommrrow?

Thu May 19, 2011 8:38 pm

bluebirds80 wrote:First choice- Martin O'Neill (Hope I am wrong but never going to happen)

Would also be happy with Di Matteo, Poyet, Hughton.

Please not Curbishley, he is another Dave Jones for me. The discipline and team spirit at West Ham was even worse than here under him!

Curbishley no better than Jones.

Thu May 19, 2011 8:38 pm

Daya wrote:
Magners wrote:Martin O'Neil. We need discipline at the club and Martin O'Neil is the man.

Also has experience, an excellent track record and his teams always have a 100% work ethic.

No chance . Dream on.

Who's your choice then.

Thu May 19, 2011 8:39 pm

Magners wrote:
Daya wrote:

No chance . Dream on.

Who's your choice then.

avram grant :lol:

Thu May 19, 2011 8:40 pm

Daya wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:Dean Holdsworth.

He has done his managerial apprenticeship with Newport County and has moved onto Aldershot. He is a known name from his Premiership days with Wimbledon and Bolton and would come as an unknown quantity in this league.

He also has a connection to one Sam Hammam

Known name ? So what?

SH - so what ?

Your choice is your choice , wouldn't be mine but one that would no doubt fit next years cost cutting budget.

I don't think we need a massive name like others have said so far. The right balance will have to be found obviously - someone who has acheived something in their careers, but with potential so that they come at a lower cost. Teams like swansea and norwich didn't need big name managers to get to their respective positions, and neither would we.

Thu May 19, 2011 8:43 pm

castleblue wrote:It would be De Matteo for me he is young and has won promotion from the championship with WBA so he has achieved more in that respect than DJ. His record at both MK Dons 52% win ratio and West Brom 48% are much better than DJ and he also had a far better playing record 34 Italian Caps and winner of the european cup winners cup, european super cup, 2 FA cups, 1 league cup and 1 Swiss PL winner.

He is also a pleasant man with good media skills and a modern approach to football and tactics which is what we need, also at Chelsea and Lazio he has been a member of a team with top european players so I think he will be able to work with Craig.

Roberto all the way for me and I think if he bring Eddie Newton with him he will come in a heartbeat and if you think about 2 great CM players at the club I bet that area of the team would get sorted once and for all. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

When you put it like that you make a great case for him !!!!

Thu May 19, 2011 8:43 pm

Magners wrote:
Daya wrote:

No chance . Dream on.

Who's your choice then.

Depends on the budget . But thinking along the lines of not enough to attract the calibire of a prem manager like your choice , my choice would be Poyet but i would imagine he would continue if remaining in the Championship it would be with Brighton anyway.

Thu May 19, 2011 10:10 pm

wdb2721 wrote:He did a great job at Newcastle didn't he....not! I am not disagreeing he may be the man to get us out of this league but long term he is not the answer IMO.

That's not true!! Newcastle were in mid table but sacked him because they didn't think his style of football was them, next season they were relegated after they got rid!!! Not many teams get out of this divisions playing fancy stuff, he would organise us and give us shape! Worry about barca football when we have been in the premier league for a few years! Sam would 100% sort us out, di matteo is not completely proven and is therefore a risk, even tho I do like the guy!

Thu May 19, 2011 10:15 pm

Forever Blue wrote:" THE CLOCK IS TICKING and DAVE JONES "

Will Soon be Gone.

So lets see who can name our next manager and the reasons why ?

Bells def wants to stay, so we have to fit Bells in with this new manager. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Martin O'Neil in an unrealistic world, Roberto Di Matteo in a realistic world
but hopefully Dave Jones to stay in a very, very unrealistic world

definitely not Hughton, Grant, Curbishley or Bellamy (yet) in my opinion
:ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 10:16 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMaPTZdwjPE&feature=related
Haha sorry I couldn't resist this one!

Thu May 19, 2011 10:29 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:Mourhinio, as my misses thinks he is bangtidy, :D :D

After being with you for all these years Chief (bless her heart) She would think Peter f*cking Beardsley was bangtidy :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri May 20, 2011 6:50 am

Sam Allardyce and the only reason being is that Daya thinks not :D or maybe Neil Warnock when QPR sack him :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri May 20, 2011 6:56 am

I would want Warnock as number one choice but he's not leaving QPR so I'll go for Roberto Di Matteo with Eddie Newton. I loved the way he got West Brom playing.

I wouldn't want Alan Curbishley or Sam Allardyce because their style of football is so dull.

Saying that, whichever manager comes in I would give my full support.

Fri May 20, 2011 1:43 pm

the KFC manager he can take the heat in the kitchen :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 20, 2011 6:10 pm

Sorry guys but Martin O Neill ain't the answer for us as he never stays around long enough to complete the job. Let's get someone with the passion of Bellamy who can instil discipline and pride in wearing our shirt and create a team who would run through brick walls to please the fans . We can stomach a defeat if the players give everything for the cause, just in the same way that we the fans give everything. You may disagree but if you wanna see a manasger who can fire the team up, change to plan B when needed and get some pride back in our club we should give Billy Davies a try. The way he went across to applaud the Forest fans at the end of the defeat to the Jacks shows that he bloody cared. When have we ever seen our present manager do that? :ayatollah:

Fri May 20, 2011 6:33 pm

As i've already mentioned i believe Steve McClaren would be an excellent manager for us. I know everybody wont be crazy about having McClaren as manager but...

o The guy is regarded as one of the best english coaches
o He was assistant manager to Sir Alex at Man Utd during the treble season and won 3 Premier League titles
o He won the Carling Cup with Boro and took them to the UEFA Cup final as well as their highest ever league finish
o OK his time with England didn't go so well, but that was the players fault as mush as anything
o He led FC Twente to the Dutch Title and the Champions League (who had heard of Twente 2 years ago)
o Granted Wolfsburg didn't go too great but what do you expect when you sell your best player - Dzeko

Overall i think McClaren would be an excellent choice, tactically we would be very organised, he always gives youth a shot, he is used to managing big players, his managerial style would have only benefited from spending time in Germany and Holland, and he would attract big player also.

Fri May 20, 2011 7:16 pm

I would do a good job !! I have a great track record on the zx spectrum football manager and would do a great press conference. Id stop the players having jelly babies at half time and get them to man up and run through brick walls for the supporters. watch this space........... :lol: