Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " THE CLOCK IS TICKING and DAVE JONES "

Thu May 19, 2011 6:30 pm

I think if Bellamy is offered a player coach role then you dont want a manager who will shout and blast himself about like Belamy would do. Because there actions and behaviuor would clash.

E.G I dont think Bellamy and Roy Keane would work because they are similar.

I think

My ideal partneship would be

BELLAMY AND MARK HUGHES :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 6:30 pm

My money is on Roy Keane, although how he'd work with Bellamy is anyone's guess!

Thu May 19, 2011 6:31 pm

Back of the Net wrote:My money is on Roy Keane, although how he'd work with Bellamy is anyone's guess!

two gobby people....oh boy :lol: :D :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 6:31 pm

ihatealiens wrote:Cant be Shearer, Zola or Souness he allegedly had fall outs with all three :lol: :lol: :lol: He got on well with Hughes and in fact Hughes managed him at both Newcastle and Manchester City. I will take a punt and say the draw of managing Cardiff City alongside Craig Bellamy will pull hard at the heart strings of Mark Hughes and he would find it difficult to turn down even though it means a drop down from the Premier League. Ok he's a Wrexham born lad but what Welshman wouldn't want to manage Cardiff if given the opportunity. Oh and he's only got 1 year left on his managerial contract with Fulham ;)

Hughes managed Newcastle? Nope.

Hughes is also a pretty shit manager. has made a career off a single good year for Wales - surrounded by two of our worst years ever.

Thu May 19, 2011 6:41 pm

I d love Martin o Neil,but don't think it will happen so id go for Steve maclaran.

Thu May 19, 2011 6:43 pm

I'm still rooting for ZOLA! did Bellamy and Zola work or play together at West ham?

Thu May 19, 2011 6:44 pm

Merlin wrote:I'm still rooting for ZOLA! did Bellamy and Zola work or play together at West ham?

Nope about 3 years gap

Thu May 19, 2011 6:46 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:Mourhinio, as my misses thinks he is bangtidy, :D :D

that would mean you would have to bring the missus every week then baz soshe could look at him :)

Thu May 19, 2011 6:51 pm

Merlin wrote:I'm still rooting for ZOLA! did Bellamy and Zola work or play together at West ham?

Yes they did and they had a huge bust up because Zola would not agree to allow Craig to talk to Tottenham, Craig stormed out of training one day and was reported to have gone on strike. He later transferred to Manchester City so all in all I just can't see Craig being impressed with having Zola around.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 6:54 pm

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:

Nope about 3 years gap

well thats me wrong as they did work together........hello im a tool :? :?

Thu May 19, 2011 6:55 pm

Leo Fortune West.

Thu May 19, 2011 6:57 pm

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:
IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:

Nope about 3 years gap

well thats me wrong as they did work together........hello im a tool :? :?

It does show one thing about Craig Bellamy if he wants something he gets it West Ham sold him to Manchester City because they didn't want the fallout from selling one of their top players to another London club.

Lets just hope he doesn't want DJ to stay. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu May 19, 2011 7:01 pm

castleblue wrote:

Yes they did and they had a huge bust up because Zola would not agree to allow Craig to talk to Tottenham, Craig stormed out of training one day and was reported to have gone on strike. He later transferred to Manchester City so all in all I just can't see Craig being impressed with having Zola around.

Ok - well if they have clashed in the past then the likeliness is that it would happen again especially with Craig looking out for the good of his home city..... Ok, I would be happy with Di Matteo then maybe Hughton or O'neill (unlikely though!) curbishley would be good for the championship I reckon.

Thu May 19, 2011 7:04 pm

chippy909 wrote:I think if Bellamy is offered a player coach role then you dont want a manager who will shout and blast himself about like Belamy would do. Because there actions and behaviuor would clash.

E.G I dont think Bellamy and Roy Keane would work because they are similar.

I think

My ideal partneship would be

BELLAMY AND MARK HUGHES :ayatollah:

Great minds think alike ;) Hughes is one of the only managers that has ever got on with Bellers allegedly ;)

Thu May 19, 2011 7:05 pm

Merlin wrote:
castleblue wrote:

Ok - well if they have clashed in the past then the likeliness is that it would happen again especially with Craig looking out for the good of his home city..... Ok, I would be happy with Di Matteo then maybe Hughton or O'neill (unlikely though!) curbishley would be good for the championship I reckon.

Curbishley signed Craig whilst he was at West Ham but Craig had injury problems and missed most of his first season, Curbishley then got sacked and was replaced by Zola.

I don't think Craig would have issues with Curbishley. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 7:08 pm

In i right in saying curbishley keeps his hands in his pockets as well ;)

Thu May 19, 2011 7:08 pm

Phil Mitchell doesn't mess about and always gets what he wants!!!! Or maybe vinnie jones or Eric cantona everyone would be frightened..... Yeah my 1st choice is Eric cantona and vinnie jones joint managers with Bellamy coach, sam hammam running the football side of things,, phil Mitchell physio and the goalkeeper coach can be the goalkeeper in that film with vinnie jones in forgot the name of the film, but the keepers name is the monk I think and hes nuts... Teams would be afraid to turn up :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 7:10 pm

Nicesocks wrote:Handy Manny - Fixes everything and it all works out in the end for him

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Brilliant

Thu May 19, 2011 7:11 pm

Roy Keane is an interesting one !

Out of all the names discussed, like everyone I'd look at Martin O'Neill, but somehow I don't think we'll see him down here soon.

So going on who's been mentioned so far, I'd plump for Di Matteo, just because of his record at this level !

Thu May 19, 2011 7:13 pm

I think we have to be realistic.......If fergie wins the champo league how about we offer him a new challenge then we can have a sweepstake to see how long he can keep his hands in his pocket!!!

Thu May 19, 2011 7:15 pm

Allardyce for me! Strong record in the championship and in the premier league! Commands respect, can shape a team and is good in the transfer Market! Anyone who moans about the style of football forgets we are a long ball team under DJ and I didn't hear Bolton fans complaining when they had okocha and djoekaeff in their team and were competing in the top half of the premier league! People have been wanking off to warning despite him being a long ball merchant and having an inferior record to DJ! Big Sam would be a solid appointment and would get us up!! Dimatteo would be interesting but still feel he is a risk

Thu May 19, 2011 7:19 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:Allardyce for me! Strong record in the championship and in the premier league! Commands respect, can shape a team and is good in the transfer Market! Anyone who moans about the style of football forgets we are a long ball team under DJ and I didn't hear Bolton fans complaining when they had okocha and djoekaeff in their team and were competing in the top half of the premier league! People have been wanking off to warning despite him being a long ball merchant and having an inferior record to DJ! Big Sam would be a solid appointment and would get us up!! Dimatteo would be interesting but still feel he is a risk

Disagree with big Sam he is one trick pony like we already have, as for players IMO there seemed to be too much dodgy dealing going on with him. The club is under the microscope as it is without his baggage being brought to us. If we can't get O'Neill then I think we need to look at Gus Poyet or Di Mateo as they have experienced the modern day game as players.

Thu May 19, 2011 7:24 pm

wdb2721 wrote:I think we have to be realistic.......If fergie wins the champo league how about we offer him a new challenge then we can have a sweepstake to see how long he can keep his hands in his pocket!!!

that would be sensational if he was our new manager :shock: :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 7:29 pm

wdb2721 wrote:
Jimbo27 wrote:Allardyce for me! Strong record in the championship and in the premier league! Commands respect, can shape a team and is good in the transfer Market! Anyone who moans about the style of football forgets we are a long ball team under DJ and I didn't hear Bolton fans complaining when they had okocha and djoekaeff in their team and were competing in the top half of the premier league! People have been wanking off to warning despite him being a long ball merchant and having an inferior record to DJ! Big Sam would be a solid appointment and would get us up!! Dimatteo would be interesting but still feel he is a risk

Disagree with big Sam he is one trick pony like we already have, as for players IMO there seemed to be too much dodgy dealing going on with him. The club is under the microscope as it is without his baggage being brought to us. If we can't get O'Neill then I think we need to look at Gus Poyet or Di Mateo as they have experienced the modern day game as players.

One trick pony?? Please explain!! Getting Bolton promoted, keeping them there for five years and then keeping Blackburn up! Sounds good to me, his record is head and shoulders above do matteo yet everyone is sucking him off

Thu May 19, 2011 7:45 pm

He did a great job at Newcastle didn't he....not! I am not disagreeing he may be the man to get us out of this league but long term he is not the answer IMO.
Last edited by wdb2721 on Thu May 19, 2011 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu May 19, 2011 7:46 pm

One of:

Martinez (if he gets the boot at Wigan)
Zola
Di matteo
Hughes
Holloway

In Martinez we trust :ayatollah: :D

Thu May 19, 2011 7:54 pm

Di Matteo, Chris Hughton or Martin O'Neil. :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 7:56 pm

JonCCFC wrote:Di Matteo, Chris Hughton or Martin O'Neil. :ayatollah:

good shout, any of those three could do it for us :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 8:15 pm

Im not to sure this choice will be that popular but...

I would be pretty pleased if we had Steve MClaren with Craig alongside.

McLaren isnt a bad manager, he did wonders at Middlesbrough and Won the Eredivisie with Twente.

England was to soon and a mistake but International Football is totaly different, just look at all the England Managers that have struggled over the years. He didnt have a great time in Germany either but I dont think these two mistakes, thats all they were make him a bad manager.

He learned under the best in Sir Alex, is a motivator, is experienced, has loads of contacts and seems like he cares wherever he has been. I think he's the type of bloke who would appreciate Cardiff Fans for what we are, loud and passionate.

I think he certainly has what it takes to get a good squad together and get us out of the Championship.

Im not that fussed on Di Mateo to be honest, dont realy know why, just a feeling that he got a bit lucky at WBA.

Thu May 19, 2011 8:29 pm

castleblue wrote:

Thats bollocks - Quote CB " Zola one of the best coaches ever worked with " .