Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" THE CLOCK IS TICKING and DAVE JONES "

Thu May 19, 2011 6:02 pm

" THE CLOCK IS TICKING and DAVE JONES "

Will Soon be Gone.

So lets see who can name our next manager and the reasons why ?

Bells def wants to stay, so we have to fit Bells in with this new manager. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " THE CLOCK IS TICKING and DAVE JONES "

Thu May 19, 2011 6:02 pm

Di Matteo....reason? CAUSE I f*cking SAID SO. FACT :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 6:04 pm

Craig should be the new manager with an experianced assistant

Thu May 19, 2011 6:06 pm

Martin O'Neil. We need discipline at the club and Martin O'Neil is the man.

Also has experience, an excellent track record and his teams always have a 100% work ethic.

Thu May 19, 2011 6:06 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:Di Matteo....reason? CAUSE I f*cking SAID SO. FACT :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Agree with that statement :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 6:07 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:Di Matteo....reason? CAUSE I f*cking SAID SO. FACT :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Di Matteo & Eddie Newton would be my choice too.

Personally i would rather not see Bellamy as coach here, unless he was working with the youth team or something. I'd rather he remained solely as a player. Let's face it, whoever comes in is going to want to bring in his own coaching staff.

Thu May 19, 2011 6:09 pm

Souness - Experience and passion and....
So he can do the flag in the centre circle thing at the Liberty stadium next season.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 6:09 pm

Dean Holdsworth.

He has done his managerial apprenticeship with Newport County and has moved onto Aldershot. He is a known name from his Premiership days with Wimbledon and Bolton and would come as an unknown quantity in this league.

He also has a connection to one Sam Hammam

Thu May 19, 2011 6:10 pm

Iwont be dissapointed who ever comes as long as its not burton with bellamy, i cant see that as the answer, we need a fresh start with new ideas, if burton stays nothing will change, in my opinion that will be the cheap option and not the right one.

Thu May 19, 2011 6:11 pm

surely who we get , depends on the monies available.
they will want a transfer budget if they are worth their salt, we have very little midfield and who is left upfront.
we possibly have been here before in the eighties when kentons wanted out and we installed goodfellow and no budget.
time will tell.

surely who we get , depends on the monies available.
they will want a transfer budget if they are worth their salt, we have very little midfield and who is left upfront.
we possibly have been here before in the eighties when kentons wanted out and we installed goodfellow and no budget.
time will tell.

Sean O'Driscoll.

When I have seen his side play against us I have been impressed. I thought they were unlucky not to beat us at their place last time. Bellamy made his debut against them and besides his goal most people talk about that first 20 minutes where they nearly stole the show.

I think we should offer him the job as he allowed Eddie Johnson to score for us.

Thu May 19, 2011 6:12 pm

Mourhinio, as my misses thinks he is bangtidy, :D :D

Thu May 19, 2011 6:13 pm

No way Souness would work with Bellers, no love lost there!!!

I'd go for................ Neil Warnock.

Thu May 19, 2011 6:13 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:Mourhinio, as my misses thinks he is bangtidy, :D :D

if we could match his £20million a year wage demand then yes..lets f*cking have him :lol: :D :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 6:14 pm

Forever Blue wrote:" THE CLOCK IS TICKING and DAVE JONES "

Will Soon be Gone.

So lets see who can name our next manager and the reasons why ?

Bells def wants to stay, so we have to fit Bells in with this new manager. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

1st choice Warnock
2nd O'Neil
3rd Poyet
4th Malky Mackay

Handy Manny - Fixes everything and it all works out in the end for him

It would be De Matteo for me he is young and has won promotion from the championship with WBA so he has achieved more in that respect than DJ. His record at both MK Dons 52% win ratio and West Brom 48% are much better than DJ and he also had a far better playing record 34 Italian Caps and winner of the european cup winners cup, european super cup, 2 FA cups, 1 league cup and 1 Swiss PL winner.

He is also a pleasant man with good media skills and a modern approach to football and tactics which is what we need, also at Chelsea and Lazio he has been a member of a team with top european players so I think he will be able to work with Craig.

Roberto all the way for me and I think if he bring Eddie Newton with him he will come in a heartbeat and if you think about 2 great CM players at the club I bet that area of the team would get sorted once and for all. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Di Matteo, although i don't think he has the passion or drive, although Bellamy will install that.
Matteo had a good playing style at West Brom and knows how to get a team out of the championship.

Thu May 19, 2011 6:17 pm

How long before any official announcement on DJ annis???

As for a new manager, of all the names being banded about, the one that stands out is Martin 'O' neil....he is a great motivator, always gets the best out of his teams, is a winner and really really hates losing (hence he's a winner :? ).....oh and he's a strict manager, something we need badly!!! Personally i really can't see it happening as it would be a bigger coup than getting bellamy here last season, but if it did i would literally wank myself into oblivion!!!! :D :D :D

Thu May 19, 2011 6:20 pm

Cant be Shearer, Zola or Souness he allegedly had fall outs with all three :lol: :lol: :lol: He got on well with Hughes and in fact Hughes managed him at both Newcastle and Manchester City. I will take a punt and say the draw of managing Cardiff City alongside Craig Bellamy will pull hard at the heart strings of Mark Hughes and he would find it difficult to turn down even though it means a drop down from the Premier League. Ok he's a Wrexham born lad but what Welshman wouldn't want to manage Cardiff if given the opportunity. Oh and he's only got 1 year left on his managerial contract with Fulham ;)
Last edited by ihatealiens on Thu May 19, 2011 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu May 19, 2011 6:20 pm

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:How long before any official announcement on DJ annis???

As for a new manager, of all the names being banded about, the one that stands out is Martin 'O' neil....he is a great motivator, always gets the best out of his teams, is a winner and really really hates losing (hence he's a winner :? ).....oh and he's a strict manager, something we need badly!!! Personally i really can't see it happening as it would be a bigger coup than getting bellamy here last season, but if it did i would literally wank myself into oblivion!!!! :D :D :D

John(Wish I knew yr real name, but John Wayne was my favourite Cowboy :ayatollah: )

I will now say what I know they gave DJ 48hrs from Wednesday late Afternoon to Resign or then the tide would change between the Directors and DJ.

Thu May 19, 2011 6:21 pm

First choice- Martin O'Neill (Hope I am wrong but never going to happen)

Would also be happy with Di Matteo, Poyet, Hughton.

Please not Curbishley, he is another Dave Jones for me. The discipline and team spirit at West Ham was even worse than here under him!

Thu May 19, 2011 6:22 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

John(Wish I knew yr real name, but John Wayne was my favourite Cowboy :ayatollah: )

I will now say what I know they gave DJ 48hrs from Wednesday late Afternoon to Resign or then the tide would change between the Directors and DJ.

so basically hes gonna lick their arses for 48hrs cause he knows hes gonna have fun looking for a managerial position paying 800k per annum :lol:

Thu May 19, 2011 6:23 pm

di matteo - hes done it before....di matteo's barmy army!!

Thu May 19, 2011 6:23 pm

Lou Vogel wrote:di matteo - hes done it before....di matteo's barmy army!!

:D :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 6:25 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Being a mod Annis you should know!!! just click on my name and it tells all :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 6:28 pm

Hughton or Di Matteo - Young, good tactics, albilty to bring youth players through, both would work well with Bellers, :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 6:29 pm

I would love it to be Martin O'neill. His record speaks for itself and Bellers would learn loads from him.

Thu May 19, 2011 6:29 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Sean O'Driscoll.

When I have seen his side play against us I have been impressed. I thought they were unlucky not to beat us at their place last time. Bellamy made his debut against them and besides his goal most people talk about that first 20 minutes where they nearly stole the show.

I think we should offer him the job as he allowed Eddie Johnson to score for us.

Agreed, would love to have Sean O'Driscoll as our manager.

Or maybe Warnock, DeMatteo. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: