Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

NEW MANAGER NEXT SEASON , IS PROMOTION ON ?

Thu May 19, 2011 4:29 pm

If its as it looks, and we will have a new Manager next season, I think it would be wrong of us to think.
Ok, great new manager next season, its promotion time for us now.
I would think we should all be thankful if we finish in the top 10,and be happy if we finish around 12 place.
With a new guy in place we may have to take a few steps back , so we can see how to go forward.

So if or when we get a new guy in, for god sake give him a chance and if at the start of the season we dont win every game we play stay with it and support the new guy and new Guys that will have the city shirt on, lets hope they wear it with more pride than the other players have, and they can leave the drink alone when they are told to.

I only say this as I know some on here will think , great new guy , promotion is on. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: NEW MANAGER NEXT SEASON , IS PROMOTION ON ?

Thu May 19, 2011 4:32 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:If its as it looks, and we will have a new Manager next season, I think it would be wrong of us to think.
Ok, great new manager next season, its promotion time for us now.
I would think we should all be thankful if we finish in the top 10,and be happy if we finish around 12 place.
With a new guy in place we may have to take a few steps back , so we can see how to go forward.

So if or when we get a new guy in, for god sake give him a chance and if at the start of the season we dont win every game we play stay with it and support the new guy and new Guys that will have the city shirt on, lets hope they wear it with more pride than the other players have, and they can leave the drink alone when they are told to.

I only say this as I know some on here will think , great new guy , promotion is on. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 4:35 pm

I think we will see a completely different Cardiff City next season, no high profile signings. I think it maybe a case of sorting out the finances first and consolidating in the championship, no great expectations.

Thu May 19, 2011 4:36 pm

I feel next season will be all about what decision's the Malaysian's make now. :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 4:38 pm

With Di Matteo in.

Bothroyd
Macphail
Naylor
Whittingham
Chopra
gypes gone

and

Bellamy
Gunnarson
Pilikington
Westwood
Earnie
Danns in

plus a few more youngsters, i strongly believe we can make plays off again :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 5:11 pm

We will be recruiting youngsters for the future and maybe League 1 players. Our aim next season is to stay in the Championship as our club will be ran as a business. As long as they wear the City shirt with pride and passion, thats all th majority of us supporters want. :o :o

Thu May 19, 2011 5:27 pm

MalagaCF wrote:We will be recruiting youngsters for the future and maybe League 1 players. Our aim next season is to stay in the Championship as our club will be ran as a business. As long as they wear the City shirt with pride and passion, thats all th majority of us supporters want. :o :o

id be happy with a fresh sqaud of youngsters with a few experienced players :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 5:40 pm

It can be done though, just look at paul lambert back to back promotions in his first 2 seasons at norwich, also ian holloway at blackpool just to name 2 :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 5:48 pm

On the privisio Jones is definately gone, we will make the play-offs and I wouldn't be surprised if we crept into the autos.

Thu May 19, 2011 5:59 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:With Di Matteo in.

Bothroyd
Macphail
Naylor
Whittingham
Chopra
gypes gone

and

Bellamy
Gunnarson
Pilikington
Westwood
Earnie
Danns in

plus a few more youngsters, i strongly believe we can make plays off again :ayatollah:

Westwood?

The guy is attracting Prem interest, zero chance there. Rerst of list I'd agree with, add in Ryan Bertrand/Andy Taylor for left back spot, Lee Bowyer, Helguson...

Thu May 19, 2011 8:06 pm

If a good new Manager comes in, and all the primadonnas are gone (especially Chopra), then as long as we start playing with passion and fight, I would be fine with that.

This year, I had no belief at all as long as Jones was there (and even found myself half thinking that losing games at points in the season may not be a bad thing when it looked like another loss might mean the end of Jones). I never felt this at any stage under Lennie.

It would be good not to have too much expectation, and if we did then get into the top 6, rather than have no expectation, and expect us to foul it up at some stage, I may even have some belief that we could press on and do smothing - I felt even as near as late March that if we just got rid of Jones, we may have had a chance at getting up this year, but now I think that I warong on that, as the culture at the club had gone so bad, that there was no way that anyone could have turned that around.

Now, as long as Bothroyd and Chopra go (or Chopra severely changes his ways and publicly apologises for his actions), I feel that a new Manager can do things with the players that we will have remaining, and can build a good nucleus from the current team and buy in good players to supplement them :

Heaton
Marshall
McNaughton
Keinan
Hudson
Gerrard
Quinn
Blake
Whittingham

can all be good players under the right Manager, and if we keep Bellamy, then I can see a bright future next year without primadonnas ruining everything, thinking thy're bigger than the club, and taking good youngters astray. If we do just become a mid table side, but one that is going in the right direction, that would be fine, as at least then, if we do get into a key game, we may have some spirit and fight and not just bottle it!