Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

"RIDSDALE MADE A VALID POINT"

Thu May 19, 2011 3:47 pm

Dave has been there for all of the six years, so when you make a change you have to decide whether it's going to take you forward or backwards, and obviously only time will tell," he said.

"I think the most difficult job in football is to get the right manager.

"I think stability is critical. Cardiff City have had stability and if Dave were to be changed now I think that the current board have got to be absolutely sure in their mind that whoever comes in will take them further forward rather than push them backwards."

What do you think of that?
Do you agree or disagree?
:ayatollah:

Re: "RIDSDALE MADE A VALID POINT"

Thu May 19, 2011 3:57 pm

Kind of obvious really

Thu May 19, 2011 3:58 pm

Hes wrong. We can't get any worse than we have now. I honestly think if DJ was here next season we'd be in a relegation battle anyway so if a new manager comes in and we're facing a relegation battle it'll be no different. Our squad would be bare next season and I doubt the malaysians would have faith in Jones' signings anyway after the likes of JLS, JET and Parkin.

We need a new manager who the Malaysians will back and give money too to strengthen.

Thu May 19, 2011 4:16 pm

some time you have to step backwards to see which way is best to go forward, Norwich is a prime example of this.
If it means we finish 12/15 next season to take stock and plan to go forward ,then so be it.
The worst thing we can do now is think, ok new manager next season up we go !

Thu May 19, 2011 4:16 pm

jamesbarnett91 wrote:Hes wrong. We can't get any worse than we have now. I honestly think if DJ was here next season we'd be in a relegation battle anyway so if a new manager comes in and we're facing a relegation battle it'll be no different. Our squad would be bare next season and I doubt the malaysians would have faith in Jones' signings anyway after the likes of JLS, JET and Parkin.

We need a new manager who the Malaysians will back and give money too to strengthen.

Of course it could have got worse, we could be at the other end of the table alike Sheffield Utd.

Thu May 19, 2011 4:21 pm

what about the teams who get promoted they have managers who have been there less than 6 years we have become stagnant , he got to go we need change :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 4:22 pm

jamesbarnett91 wrote:Hes wrong. We can't get any worse than we have now. I honestly think if DJ was here next season we'd be in a relegation battle anyway so if a new manager comes in and we're facing a relegation battle it'll be no different. Our squad would be bare next season and I doubt the malaysians would have faith in Jones' signings anyway after the likes of JLS, JET and Parkin.

Of course it can get worse. Let's see where we finish the in league in the next 5 or 6 seasons and then tell me if wouldn't get any worse if we got rid of Dave Jones

Thu May 19, 2011 4:24 pm

ccfc1981 wrote:what about the teams who get promoted they have managers who have been there less than 6 years we have become stagnant , he got to go we need change :ayatollah:

There's a time for change, and the time is now :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 4:25 pm

blue nile wrote:
ccfc1981 wrote:what about the teams who get promoted they have managers who have been there less than 6 years we have become stagnant , he got to go we need change :ayatollah:

There's a time for change, and the time is now :ayatollah:

just want to feel excited about going over the city again :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 4:30 pm

Citysince1964 wrote:

Of course it can get worse. Let's see where we finish the in league in the next 5 or 6 seasons and then tell me if wouldn't get any worse if we got rid of Dave Jones

The thing is, even next season under Jones we'd be in a relegation battle. NQAT!

If we achieve a mid table place with the current actual players we have on our books then we've done okay. Push for the playoffs and we've done extremely well. I dont expect a manager to waltz in and get us up at one attempt. Within 3 years is reasonable.

Thu May 19, 2011 4:33 pm

I dont know about you ccfc1981, but althogh we were on the brink of promotion this season, it was'nt very exciting watching the City, for me it was more of turning up home and away because i always have :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 4:36 pm

blue nile wrote:I dont know about you ccfc1981, but althogh we were on the brink of promotion this season, it was'nt very exciting watching the City, for me it was more of turning up home and away because i always have :ayatollah:

it felt an effort to go to the games , didnt know what team were going to turn up, just havent been many games ive enjoyed at the new stadium blue nile,

Thu May 19, 2011 4:38 pm

ccfc1981 wrote:
blue nile wrote:I dont know about you ccfc1981, but althogh we were on the brink of promotion this season, it was'nt very exciting watching the City, for me it was more of turning up home and away because i always have :ayatollah:

it felt an effort to go to the games , didnt know what team were going to turn up, just havent been many games ive enjoyed at the new stadium blue nile,

Totally agree with you there :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 4:39 pm

blue nile wrote:
ccfc1981 wrote:

Totally agree with you there :ayatollah:

lets get ninian park back :lol: :ayatollah: