Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

DAVE JONES RESIGNATION SPEECH

Thu May 19, 2011 3:03 pm

"I have decided to leave Cardiff City Football Club as the club no longer match my managerial skills, commitment or drive.
I have played for Everton in a pretty well known local derby, and am a very experienced manager with lots to offer and
a lot of clubs are after me. Sadly, the players I brought in to the club did not do the job required of them, and they let
me down. I have decided to name said players, as its time the truth was out. They are Adam Matthews, Darcy Blake,
and Aaron Wildig. Just not good enough. Everyone else was fine. So i'm off. You people down here dont really understand
the modern game, none of you were professional footballers, and i resent the fact that you all thought you had the right,
nay, the qualifications to criticise anything i did. Vincent Tan has begged me to stay, so has Geth, but at the end of the
day I can no longer work without the necessary tools. Yes, i had Chopra, Bellamy, Bothroyd, Olifinjana, Whittingham,
Koumas, Keinan, McNaughton and Burke.Yes, i chose them, yes I brought them here. But I didnt have enough luck.
My next Club (to be announced) has promised me all the luck in the world.

Goodbye, you people down here

Dave Jones