Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Steve McClaren

Thu May 19, 2011 11:44 am

I know everybody wont be crazy about having McClaren as manager but...

o The guy is regarded as one of the best english coaches
o He was assistant manager to Sir Alex at Man Utd during the treble season and won 3 Premier League titles
o He won the Carling Cup with Boro and took them to the UEFA Cup final as well as their highest ever league finish
o OK his time with England didn't go so well, but that was the players fault as mush as anything
o He led FC Twente to the Dutch Title and the Champions League (who had heard of Twente 2 years ago)
o Granted Wolfsburg didn't go too great but what do you expect when you sell your best player - Dzeko

Overall i think McClaren would be an excellent choice, tactically we would be very organised, he always gives youth a shot, he is used to managing big players, his managerial style would have only benefited from spending time in Germany and Holland, and he would attract big player also.

Re: Steve McClaren

Thu May 19, 2011 11:45 am

will he speak with a welsh accent? :D

Thu May 19, 2011 11:46 am

Dazzatim wrote:will he speak with a welsh accent? :D

No, with a CAAAAARDIFF accent

Thu May 19, 2011 12:19 pm

I said a few weeks ago id like to see him here,he said he would go to a championship club if the right one become available.wouldn't mind zola,di matteo or hughton mind.

Thu May 19, 2011 12:38 pm

Well I can imagine some people might be disappointed with him but he's certainly a tactician and would have a lot of contacts so I think he would be an excellent appointment at this level.