Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Anyone gonna bother to mention Shane Longs Hand of God goal?

Thu May 19, 2011 11:40 am

I know it is past the point of commenting on it but the anoying thing about all of the various commentary that i have seen on the Bywater Blunder Goal is that it clearly hit Shane Longs hand and as a result dropped nicely for him and he scorred. These English commentators would be in uproar if the tables were turned. The bias of the commentary is similar to when England play Germany........ Cardiff is the Germany of the championship, everyone wants to beat us and see us lose. Howard Webb was never going to be able to see it so I dont have a problem with the goal standing but no one even mentions it as a bit of bad luck

Roll on next season :ayatollah:

Re: Anyone gonna bother to mention Shane Longs Hand of God goal?

Thu May 19, 2011 11:43 am

jhippno wrote:I know it is past the point of commenting on it but the anoying thing about all of the various commentary that i have seen on the Bywater Blunder Goal is that it clearly hit Shane Longs hand and as a result dropped nicely for him and he scorred. These English commentators would be in uproar if the tables were turned. The bias of the commentary is similar to when England play Germany........ Cardiff is the Germany of the championship, everyone wants to beat us and see us lose. Howard Webb was never going to be able to see it so I dont have a problem with the goal standing but no one even mentions it as a bit of bad luck

Roll on next season :ayatollah:

I know Brenda said nothing about it, he was biased as the rest of the one eyed Jacks, he shrugged his shoulders.

Was goes around comes around let's hope something happens like that to them in the final :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 11:44 am

Ball to hand, hands by his side. He knew nothing about it. Just unfortunate.

Not like the other end where players are raising their hand to block ball/protect face - whatever you want to call it - that's deliberate.

Thu May 19, 2011 11:54 am

Ball to hand? if his hand was in front of him or down by his side i would agree and i also agree there was no intent but you could even see by his smug reaction to it and his commentary afterwards that he knew it was contentious. I know i am clutching at straws here but you know that if the reverse had happened it would have taken up a good half hour slot after the match and new calls for video refereeing. I just think the deliberate avoidance of the topic goes to show how one sided the coverage is
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu May 19, 2011 12:01 pm

The picture is taken after the impact. There is no doubting it hit his hand, and of course he knows it hit his hand but at the end of the day - was it deliberate? As a referee, there is no way I would give a free kick for that.

Thu May 19, 2011 12:22 pm

Agreed, the only thing which pisses me off is that they wont even mention it at all , like to acknowledge it even happened would be to question the possibility that it was not only the idiotic keeper but also a contencious goal

Thu May 19, 2011 12:24 pm

jhippno wrote:Agreed, the only thing which pisses me off is that they wont even mention it at all , like to acknowledge it even happened would be to question the possibility that it was not only the idiotic keeper but also a contencious goal

Point taken mate, though it was an idiotic backpass in the first place!

Thu May 19, 2011 12:52 pm

Even though the handball was not deliberate he gained an advantage and control of the ball which all-day long would be a freekick on any other day of the week in my book ...linesman should have given it :twisted:

Thu May 19, 2011 6:03 pm

city112 wrote:Even though the handball was not deliberate he gained an advantage and control of the ball which all-day long would be a freekick on any other day of the week in my book ...linesman should have given it :twisted:

Thats the issue, he gained an advantage.

Worst decision of the night though was Webb not giving a pen for the shove on Oli when he was in front of the defender 6 yards out wih a free header.

Thu May 19, 2011 6:15 pm

jhippno wrote:Agreed, the only thing which pisses me off is that they wont even mention it at all , like to acknowledge it even happened would be to question the possibility that it was not only the idiotic keeper but also a contencious goal

Fair comment about hand ball, but in all honesty we lost to Reading cause we were shite :ayatollah: