A forum for all things Cardiff City

" CARL CURTIS SPEAKS OUT "

Thu May 19, 2011 11:05 am

And give his thoughts on the season end in today's Echo

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -28720829/

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: CARL CURTIS SPEAKS OUT

Thu May 19, 2011 11:09 am

Agree with Carl's opinions and glad to see he's not being called the fans leader any more. I guess you had a word with the Echo Annis?

Thu May 19, 2011 11:13 am

Can't argue with that.

Thu May 19, 2011 11:16 am

The Voice of Reason wrote:Agree with Carl's opinions and glad to see he's not being called the fans leader any more. I guess you had a word with the Echo Annis?

No I did, I was stunned and embarrassed that I had been elevated to 'Fan's Leader', I would never ever call myself a leader, I am a fan, just like everybody else on here. There is nothing special about me nor do I proclaim to be a bigger fan than anyone else.

I had nothing to do with the heading of the online piece but the whole article are my words and are not edited in any shape or form.

Thu May 19, 2011 11:17 am

I like the honesty of the piece Carl. It really communicates a supporter who seems genuinely heartbroken by this season. I know from your posts how much faith you had in this team's efforts and you really get across your feeling of being let down.

Thu May 19, 2011 11:18 am

I did make an error which has been pointed out, I wrote teams who play 3-5-2 against us we struggled, when in fact the point I wished to make was against a 5 man midfield, of which 3 sit in the centre.

Thu May 19, 2011 11:19 am

But you'll go away, read the article, dust yourself off, learn from your mistakes and go again yeah Carl? :D

Thu May 19, 2011 11:22 am

Zabier wrote:But you'll go away, read the article, dust yourself off, learn from your mistakes and go again yeah Carl? :D

You make me sound like DJ :lol:

Thu May 19, 2011 11:23 am

carlccfc wrote:
Zabier wrote:But you'll go away, read the article, dust yourself off, learn from your mistakes and go again yeah Carl? :D

I'm sorry, please accept my offensive behaviour as a grave mistake on my part! :D

Thu May 19, 2011 11:25 am

Carl that was your best ever report, it came from the heart, and we both knew we never agreed throughout the season on Dave Jones but really we both held the same beliefs on everything and wanted the same thing in terms of passion and the final outcome. Superb write up :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 11:27 am

Zabier wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

I'm sorry, please accept my offensive behaviour as a grave mistake on my part! :D

That's the problem with people in this part of the world, you jump the gun too quickly and criticise far too soon, you must have seen some unbelivable writings on here in the past if you want to have a pop at what I ahve written and in the style I have.

You lot on this board have never had it so good and I know that the 'Fat One' is trying to undermine me and get me out of my job.

Oh and these bloody messageboards, I have not sold my car for any other reason than I fancied a change.

Thu May 19, 2011 11:37 am

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Now get your hands out of your pockets! :D

Thu May 19, 2011 11:40 am

Nice one Carl, well said.

I am just worried that if DJ is replaced who the replacement will be .....a lot of the names being bandied about are likely to turn us into mid table teams at best.

Thu May 19, 2011 11:40 am

carlccfc wrote:
The Voice of Reason wrote:Agree with Carl's opinions and glad to see he's not being called the fans leader any more. I guess you had a word with the Echo Annis?

No I did, I was stunned and embarrassed that I had been elevated to 'Fan's Leader', I would never ever call myself a leader, I am a fan, just like everybody else on here. There is nothing special about me nor do I proclaim to be a bigger fan than anyone else.

I had nothing to do with the heading of the online piece but the whole article are my words and are not edited in any shape or form.

Carl I know you've always been a fan of DJ this season and I admire you for speaking out what's been on everybody elses minds :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 11:42 am

Very good Carl
Good write up as well. None of us are winners regarding who got DJ right. We all need to get twist down of our chest then need to move on.

I'm sorry, please accept my offensive behaviour as a grave mistake on my part! :D[/quote]
That's the problem with people in this part of the world, you jump the gun too quickly and criticise far too soon, you must have seen some unbelivable writings on here in the past if you want to have a pop at what I ahve written and in the style I have.

You lot on this board have never had it so good and I know that the 'Fat One' is trying to undermine me and get me out of my job.

Oh and these bloody messageboards, I have not sold my car for any other reason than I fancied a change.[/quote]

ha ha ha ha genius!!!1 :lol: youve changed your tune Carl :o :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Great article Carl and one we all know you would never want to write we all wanted to read about our journey to the PL on the back of highly effective and highly entertaining football.

Sadly all we got was spin, stubborness andultimately stupidity from our manager and like you said it's now down to him to do the honourable thing and fall on the sword.

If Gethin Jenkins cannot get him to accept this perhaps the club should hire Sam for 30 minutes I bet he would get the job done. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 11:43 am

carlccfc wrote:
Zabier wrote:]

Oh and these bloody messageboards, I have not sold my car for any other reason than I fancied a change.

I was going to write a piece tearing your article apart Carl

Bu then I realised you would just say that I was not a professional journalist and had no idea what In was talking about etc etc !!!!!!!!

Thu May 19, 2011 11:49 am

well said that man very honest and well summed up

Thu May 19, 2011 11:50 am

so now the season is over are we going to hear about the shamefull pissheads who cost us promotion by f*cking up our chances with the Boro game ???

Thu May 19, 2011 11:59 am

Well written Carl and as some of the boys already have said, expressing the thoughts
and fears that many fans have had for some time.

I am strangely calm about READING, probably because I expected what would happen. We are
a match away from where we were last season, and with a better squad of players.

I hope Mr Tan and the board realise the fans frustrations and expectations and relieve Jones
of his duties asap. We need a new manager in office quickly, to build from the bottom with
fresh young hungry players eager to sign for and take Cardiff City forward.

It's a new dawn and very much a new day, I can't wait to get started!

:P

Thu May 19, 2011 12:12 pm

Some of the responses are hardly complimentary are they? I think possily due to the heading at first!!!

:o :o :o :o :o

Thu May 19, 2011 12:33 pm

01443casual wrote:Some of the responses are hardly complimentary are they? I think possily due to the heading at first!!!

:o :o :o :o :o

Absolutely, people are talking about the headline, which I did not know about until someone phoned me and told me about it, rather than the content of the piece.

Thu May 19, 2011 12:42 pm

Great Article Carl, some of the numptees replying on the IC wales dont seem to have a clue.

Keep it up fella :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 1:04 pm

whooooo hooooooo they dont like you do they hahahahaha muppets.

aint read it all yet went to see the comments after one was pointed out on here,

BeanZ
12:57 PM on May 19, 2011
For those that don't already know, Carl Curtis is Sam Hammam's spokesperson in the UK. As soon as this "fan" calls for Sam's return to CCFC in the Echo, then that is the day I will stop buying it.
This is the "fan" who has his own agenda (i.e. Sam's). Carl constantly undermines those that run the club, from Gethin Jenkins and our Malaysian owners, to our Manager and coaching staff (e.g. leaking our scouting targets, etc.).
Time to pull this column I think!

cant remember you undermining any of them

my god some saddos about that cant handle truth, or were they offended originally by the WOL heading and didnt calm down before commenting hahahahaha
nice one carl fuk em keep up the good work :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 1:07 pm

carl, a superb article and fair play on you for being so open and honest since ALL season you have backed Jones to get us promotion, and ultimately, he has failed to do so.

one thing i think you missed which I dont know if you'll agree with, but in the six years Jones has been here, the divide between the players/manager and fans has grown and grown to the point where we seem to be on opposing sides. the rapport between us and them has literally fizzled out into nothing and i personally have never felt so distanced from a club that i've grown to live and die for.
despite all the admiration, the commitment, the idolisation we have shown over the years to dave jones' team/s, we have never been returned the compliment.

The only shining light and hope this season has been Craig Bellamy and given the circumstances of how he has conducted himself given all the negativity that has surrounded our club- in interviews, in the match and by all accounts on the training ground, he has to go down as my favourite city player of all time. A true bluebird and an example for all to follow in the future at Cardiff City Football Club. I hope the Malaysians are trying their hardest to make sure we secure him for years to come. :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 1:10 pm

sorry carl but some of these comments are class (crap) and im glad you brought this out in people, their making for good reading hold on to them but when annis writes your book hahahahahaha

Remember the "destabilisers" that DJ was talking about a few months back after a draw to Preston.. oila.. this is one of the main ones..

Carl "the voice" Curtis.. Guys, come on you never heard of him? The man who has pontificated on Annis' own messageboard for the last couple of years..
The man so many naive fans listen to and say.. well Carl said it, it must be true he's on the inner sanctum of the club..

im laughing my head off here at some of this shit, :lol: :lol: :lol:

thanks mate
signing out
Mr Naive :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu May 19, 2011 1:10 pm

really enjoy reading your posts and match reports carl,sorry 'leader',ha-ha. cant believe some of the comments on wales online.keep up the good work fella. :D ;) :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 1:14 pm

biggy wrote:really enjoy reading your posts and match reports carl,sorry 'leader',ha-ha. cant believe some of the comments on wales online.keep up the good work fella. :D ;) :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

p.s so the car story is true then :D :D

Thu May 19, 2011 1:14 pm

hahahahaha heres one for you annis my leige :ayatollah:

Has the self appointed/self important "fans leader" Mr Abraham been overthrown?

right i must finish reading the artical now iv'e stopped laughing