Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Carl Curtis - brilliant, brilliant article

Thu May 19, 2011 10:41 am

Dave Jones and his squad summed up to perfection in an article written by a man who has stood full square behind Dave Jones all season. When a supporter like Carl says its time to go then go quietly Dave don't make a fool of yourself.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -28720829/?

Re: Carl Curtis - brilliant, brilliant article

Thu May 19, 2011 10:49 am

Well, i have to disagree, although some points were well made, at the point where the mention of 3-5-2 comes in thats where i stopped reading... I have seen 21 games this season and didnt see one team play with 3 at the back... Article lost all crediability for me at that point.

Thu May 19, 2011 10:49 am

fair play eerything in that article is spot on lets hope he reads it :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 10:56 am

bridgeblue wrote:Well, i have to disagree, although some points were well made, at the point where the mention of 3-5-2 comes in thats where i stopped reading... I have seen 21 games this season and didnt see one team play with 3 at the back... Article lost all crediability for me at that point.

I think he probably meant 4 - 5 - 1 and we can forgive Carl that small error the rest was bang on the button.

Thu May 19, 2011 10:56 am

Great article :ayatollah:
Shame about all the comments below it though :roll:

Thu May 19, 2011 11:12 am

I've written in the Echo before and trust me, the majority of comments you will receive are negative because people love to pick at your supposed flaws and make themselves seem like the good and almighty.

I thought Carl's views were very honest and if those criticising his journalism skills want a more professional piece then don't read the 'view from the terraces' section of the Echo, read a broadsheet.

Not sure about the 3-5-2 comment because I haven't managed to make away games this season. We have struggled against certain formations though certainly.

I always enjoy reading Carl's views because he speaks his thoughts in a fair and reasoned manner. Unfortunately, you will always get dickheads who don't know how to oppose certain views in a mature and intellectual way.

Thu May 19, 2011 11:20 am

bridgeblue wrote:Well, i have to disagree, although some points were well made, at the point where the mention of 3-5-2 comes in thats where i stopped reading... I have seen 21 games this season and didnt see one team play with 3 at the back... Article lost all crediability for me at that point.

I did make an error which has been pointed out, I wrote teams who play 3-5-2 against us we struggled, when in fact the point I wished to make was against a 5 man midfield, of which 3 sit in the centre.

Thu May 19, 2011 11:28 am

I did make an error which has been pointed out, I wrote teams who play 3-5-2 against us we struggled, when in fact the point I wished to make was against a 5 man midfield, of which 3 sit in the centre.[/quote]

Disgrace, give carl 3 days to resign or push him - then replace him with dai hunt :D :ayatollah: