Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

i would keep chopra and burke

Thu May 19, 2011 9:10 am

i know hes been a bit of a bad egg but i honestly think he likes playing for cardiff and maybe a new manager will get him firing again as he loves scoring for us..
burke is another id keep but we need someone tricky on the left aswell otherwise teams put 2 players on him because we aint a threat on the left :(

Re: i would keep chopra and burke

Thu May 19, 2011 9:14 am

Does anyone know what's happening with Burke? Is there a contract offer on the table for him? Hope so, he has been great for us in loads of games. I agree with the OP if we had more of a threat on the left then he'd be even more dangerous!

Thu May 19, 2011 9:23 am

jinks-rct wrote:i know hes been a bit of a bad egg but i honestly think he likes playing for cardiff and maybe a new manager will get him firing again as he loves scoring for us..
burke is another id keep but we need someone tricky on the left aswell otherwise teams put 2 players on him because we aint a threat on the left :(

Chopra likes playing for Cardiff because as he stated on BBC pre boro game he can get away with murder at CCFC, besides he is on crazy money and we need to get back to realistic wage structure and I really dont believe he gives a shit about us its just the big bucks.

Thu May 19, 2011 9:25 am

i've got my pick n shovel! wrote:Does anyone know what's happening with Burke? Is there a contract offer on the table for him? Hope so, he has been great for us in loads of games. I agree with the OP if we had more of a threat on the left then he'd be even more dangerous!

he wants 25k a week to stay
would you pay that or get three decent young players for the same money.

Thu May 19, 2011 9:28 am

Chopra's going to end up like Gascoine ( total pisshead) and Burke has more bad games than good. I would'nt shed any tears if they moved on.

Thu May 19, 2011 9:29 am

hes not worth 25k :shock:

Thu May 19, 2011 9:29 am

steve davies wrote:
i've got my pick n shovel! wrote:Does anyone know what's happening with Burke? Is there a contract offer on the table for him? Hope so, he has been great for us in loads of games. I agree with the OP if we had more of a threat on the left then he'd be even more dangerous!

Really? That's too much. I think this crazy wages era needs to come to an end. We might get some heart and passion from the team then! Get a decent wage strusture in place and see who accepts it when their contracts are up-bit of tough love!! :lol:

Thu May 19, 2011 11:15 am

We need to get rid of ego's like chops, I used to think highly of him now i just see him as a waster with no respect for his employees or fans.
Burke has had his chances here, I wouldn't offer a contract to him as this season he has been very average at best.

Thu May 19, 2011 12:06 pm

steve davies wrote:

Steve he needs 25K a week to feed his gambling habits. But reality will soon hit him that no one will pay him that money for being an overweight gambling piss head. He has been given help before most famously by Roy Keane and look what has happened. He either gets himself sorted then offer our Club and us the supporters an apology and gets his head down and maybe we could forgive him and the old Chopra might resurface but i can't see it. So for that reason i would like to see him off our books :cry:

Thu May 19, 2011 12:07 pm

Sorry wrong player i read it wrong :oops:

Thu May 19, 2011 12:08 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Sorry wrong player i read it wrong :oops:

:old: :old: :old: :old:

Thu May 19, 2011 12:29 pm

unless chopra drastically sorts himself out this summer getting fit and works like he used to then i'd love him to stay ... if he carries on gambling and partying then he should ship of because he'll be disruptive and lead others astray and be a cancer to the club

i know burke's been off form lately but he always works his socks off till he's blowing out of his arse and has shown a lot of loyalty staying here, if he can get his confidence back definately keep him!