Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The key to us having a decent summer!!!

Thu May 19, 2011 8:15 am

How many of the following do you think are likely for the summer ahead and how much of a disaster would it be if they didn't?

Dave Jones to leave?

A well regarded new manager coming in?

The Malaysians back the new manager(or the current 1! :cry: ) with up to 12 new players needed, preferably with the majority owned by City!?

Craig Bellamy to be playing for CCFC next season?

CCFC's debt to be sorted?

The jerks to lose at Wembley?

A load of things needed to give us any sort of footie based pleasure through the summer! But some of these are bound to happen? Surely? Hopefully? Imagine if none of them happened!!! :o :o :o :o

Re: The key to us having a decent summer!!!

Thu May 19, 2011 8:26 am

i've got my pick n shovel! wrote:How many of the following do you think are likely for the summer ahead and how much of a disaster would it be if they didn't?

Dave Jones to leave?
Surely got to go now? He's done great, to a point but seems incapable of taking us any further. Would be bad news if he stays, not a disaster. But make for a very boring and frustrating season next year, we all have a good idea of what would happen. Top 10 but not a lot else!

Really not sure on this 1. Probably depend a lot on the next question. My worry is that we go for a cheap option. Be bad news but at least we'd know the score with where we are going!

The Malaysians back the new manager(or the current 1! :cry: ) with up to 12 new players needed, preferably with the majority owned by City!?
I guess this is the $1,000,000,000 question! I am nowhere near close enough to know. But if they don't then we are headed back to lower league obscurity. For me, that wouldn't be bad news-proper football would be back!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

This, weirdly enough, looks likely! Be great, obviously but he can't get us up by himself. Would he want to come if the club showed no or little ambition? Be bad news if he didn't return.

There has to be some sort of developement here surely? To be honest, I don't really care-as long as the club makes other changes and improvements I'm not bothered who they owe money to!

I really can't see this happening. Call me sad, call me bitter but this would be a disaster for me. I can't even imagine how long the next 12 months, at least would be!! If Reading win at Wembley then it would almost as good as CCFC winning-sad but true!! :o

A load of things needed to give us any sort of footie based pleasure through the summer! But some of these are bound to happen? Surely? Hopefully? Imagine if none of them happened!!! :o :o :o :o

Thu May 19, 2011 8:30 am

i've got my pick n shovel! wrote:
i've got my pick n shovel! wrote:How many of the following do you think are likely for the summer ahead and how much of a disaster would it be if they didn't?

Dave Jones to leave?
Surely got to go now? He's done great, to a point but seems incapable of taking us any further. Would be bad news if he stays, not a disaster. But make for a very boring and frustrating season next year, we all have a good idea of what would happen. Top 10 but not a lot else!

Really not sure on this 1. Probably depend a lot on the next question. My worry is that we go for a cheap option. Be bad news but at least we'd know the score with where we are going!

I guess this is the $1,000,000,000 question! I am nowhere near close enough to know. But if they don't then we are headed back to lower league obscurity. For me, that wouldn't be bad news-proper football would be back!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

This, weirdly enough, looks likely! Be great, obviously but he can't get us up by himself. Would he want to come if the club showed no or little ambition? Be bad news if he didn't return.

There has to be some sort of developement here surely? To be honest, I don't really care-as long as the club makes other changes and improvements I'm not bothered who they owe money to!

I really can't see this happening. Call me sad, call me bitter but this would be a disaster for me. I can't even imagine how long the next 12 months, at least would be!! If Reading win at Wembley then it would almost as good as CCFC winning-sad but true!! :o

Obviously, I mean't it would be a disaster if the jerks won!!! :oops: :oops:

Thu May 19, 2011 2:07 pm

What does everyone think? :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 2:15 pm

Dave Jones to leave?

Very likely. As I've said, if he doesn't go then im keeping my distance with City until he does because his presence at the club is now just making me ill.

Very Likely. I cant see the Malaysians investing in someone who isn't likely to get the job done.

Not too sure about this. I just hope whoever does come in wants the right players regardless of how much is spent. Hopefully, a lot of them are owned by us even if we dip into League One for the top players there and splash a few hundred thousand on each.

100% certain. Too big a player to miss and breathes cardiff. He has said he wants to stay and I cant see Man City stopping him to be honest as he could easily go to another club and be a blow to them retaining a CL place next year.

Not too sure about this. This is the most worrying thing to be honest as we could be under another embargo and with us likely to be under FA ruling with an FAW member on the panel we could be looked into more thoroughly ourselves. Just hope the business end is done within its means.

Couldn't care less. I support Cardiff City, no other club. I dont even care if they're our rivals, big deal. I'd rather them go up and GTFO of our way and out of my life. I feel dirty everytime I go to the Liberty and im sure Kenny Dalglish will tell Brendan to sort the place out once he realises how bad it smells.

See above.

Thu May 19, 2011 2:16 pm

Dave Jones to leave?

Yes I will toast to that :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: