Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

who on here STILL supports dj????????

Wed May 18, 2011 8:14 pm

I have certainly lost all patience and faith in the bloke and thinks he needs to go BUT i must admit IF he is in charge come August its a new season then and I will do anything i possibly can to support the manager and the team. Don't want him here but if he is, he is.....!

wants your opinions bluebirds?

Re: who on here STILL supports dj????????

Wed May 18, 2011 8:19 pm

Not me - ill drive him back to liverpool or wher eva he's from myself

Wed May 18, 2011 8:34 pm

Nathancityloyal wrote:I have certainly lost all patience and faith in the bloke and thinks he needs to go BUT i must admit IF he is in charge come August its a new season then and I will do anything i possibly can to support the manager and the team. Don't want him here but if he is, he is.....!

i think that sums up the vast majority of supporters :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed May 18, 2011 8:35 pm

No, time for a change now....

Wed May 18, 2011 8:38 pm

It summed DJ up last night in bringing on Adam Matthews. He hasn't used Matthews for a few months and yet when DJ is clinging on to his job he decides Matthews is the man to save him.

After we lost the playoff final last season i was all in favour of keeping him on, now though i think its best for both.

Wed May 18, 2011 8:39 pm

I thank him for progression he has made with our club and for the trips to Wembley but it's time for a change.

Wed May 18, 2011 8:51 pm

Lost faith with him last season to be honest.

Wed May 18, 2011 8:53 pm

thanks for what hes done for the club but its time for us both to move on.

Wed May 18, 2011 9:14 pm

I think overall he has done a decent job but has been in charge at least a season too long. He should have gone after the play off final defeat last season and probably after the 6-0 stuffing at Preston the year before. Jonesey pushed for new training facilities and got them, the players who come here from Premiership clubs comment on how good the facilities are and if nothing else he has left the club in a better position. However, it's time for a new a Manager, someone who can change a game and someone with the ability to take us up. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed May 18, 2011 9:15 pm

I think overall he has done a decent job but has been in charge at least a season too long. He should have gone after the play off final defeat last season and probably after the 6-0 stuffing at Preston the year before. Jonesey pushed for new training facilities and got them, the players who come here from Premiership clubs comment on how good the facilities are and if nothing else he has left the club in a better position. However, it's time for a new a Manager, someone who can change a game and someone with the ability to take us up. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed May 18, 2011 10:13 pm

Nathancityloyal wrote:I have certainly lost all patience and faith in the bloke and thinks he needs to go BUT i must admit IF he is in charge come August its a new season then and I will do anything i possibly can to support the manager and the team. Don't want him here but if he is, he is.....!

i do =)

Wed May 18, 2011 10:23 pm

time for a change, if he couldnt deliver this season. in a very poor league. then theres no hope :roll:

Wed May 18, 2011 10:23 pm

Me :mrgreen:

Wed May 18, 2011 10:25 pm

NJ73 wrote:Me :mrgreen:

You do not count. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Wed May 18, 2011 11:31 pm

Me!! (although I now accept he will be going, as Annis isn't one to post untruths)

I still don't see what he has done SO WRONG he has been castigated to the levels he has....

5 years ago I could only DREAM of reaching such heights and no-one ever said we were GUARANTEED promotion....

That and the financial position (before THIS season granted) DJ has done very well to get us where he did....

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 5:30 am

I have always been for DJ, but after a story I was told,and our past season I have to say Im sad to see DJ couldnt do it , but also Im :evil: about what I was told he did ( To do with WBA ) when he was still a Cardiff Manager. So its with much regret I have to say Dave Jones ,you give us some good times and you were well paid for it, and now its time to move on. Hwyl !

Thu May 19, 2011 7:16 am

Yer i will come an say i was wrong.
Enough is enough.
I thank him but it is time to let it go.

Thu May 19, 2011 7:26 am

i will still support him until annis puts the rope around his neck and then i would instantly let him go :lol:

Thu May 19, 2011 8:56 am

welshcitydragon wrote:I have always been for DJ, but after a story I was told,and our past season I have to say Im sad to see DJ couldnt do it , but also Im :evil: about what I was told he did ( To do with WBA ) when he was still a Cardiff Manager. So its with much regret I have to say Dave Jones ,you give us some good times and you were well paid for it, and now its time to move on. Hwyl !

Stop teasing! what story did you hear about WBA? :o

Thu May 19, 2011 8:59 am

chris_ccfc wrote:I thank him for progression he has made with our club and for the trips to Wembley but it's time for a change.

my sentements exactly

Thu May 19, 2011 9:18 am

I'll support whomever no matter what. I support Cardiff City after all.

Thu May 19, 2011 9:21 am

i've got my pick n shovel! wrote:
welshcitydragon wrote:I have always been for DJ, but after a story I was told,and our past season I have to say Im sad to see DJ couldnt do it , but also Im :evil: about what I was told he did ( To do with WBA ) when he was still a Cardiff Manager. So its with much regret I have to say Dave Jones ,you give us some good times and you were well paid for it, and now its time to move on. Hwyl !

rob

he applied for and went for an interview for the wba job.
the job de matteo got not the hodgson one

Thu May 19, 2011 9:27 am

steve davies wrote:
i've got my pick n shovel! wrote:

rob

the job de matteo got not the hodgson one

Thanks Steve.

I don't think that is a terrible thing for him to do. Have you never gone for jobs with a rival company? They were a far better placed club than us at the time-still are! With hindsight, I wish he'd got it! :lol:

Thu May 19, 2011 9:36 am

Think hes done well for us but its just time for a change!! But if he is still here next season then i'll still be singing his name!!

Gota support whoever is in charge!! Can't throw our toys out of the pram if we don't like it!! Agree with the post, don't want him to stay but if he does then so be it!! We still be there next season :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 10:48 am

Griffster wrote:I think overall he has done a decent job but has been in charge at least a season too long. He should have gone after the play off final defeat last season and probably after the 6-0 stuffing at Preston the year before. Jonesey pushed for new training facilities and got them, the players who come here from Premiership clubs comment on how good the facilities are and if nothing else he has left the club in a better position. However, it's time for a new a Manager, someone who can change a game and someone with the ability to take us up. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I agree with you. He lost control of his squad before the 6 - 0 defeat to Preston and it's a recurring theme with him he loses control of his squad over a long season. I don't know why but it would be interesting to hear some players viewpoints on him once he's gone and give us reasons why the players would not or could not play for him.

Thu May 19, 2011 12:46 pm

"i've got my pick n shovel!"][quote="steve davies"][quote="i've got my pick n shovel!"][quote="welshcitydragon"]I have always been for DJ, but after a story I was told,and our past season I have to say Im sad to see DJ couldnt do it , but also Im :evil: about what I was told he did ( To do with WBA ) when he was still a Cardiff Manager. So its with much regret I have to say Dave Jones ,you give us some good times and you were well paid for it, and now its time to move on. Hwyl !

rob

the job de matteo got not the hodgson one[/q

Thanks Steve.

I don't think that is a terrible thing for him to do. Have you never gone for jobs with a rival company? They were a far better placed club than us at the time-still are! With hindsight, I wish he'd got it! :lol:

rob
always easier to get a job when your already in one.
i actually think the fact that he was on ridiculous amounts of money at cardiff stopped him from getting some jobs.
having said that i think people forget he had been out of football management for over two years before he came to cardiff so i think he is not as highly regarded as he seems to think he is.
as andy gray said yesrterday it is one more last hurdle failure to many