Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Sam Hamman

Wed May 18, 2011 7:53 pm

Hi guys,

Always been a keen reader of the forum but have today registered to share my thoughts on Sam coming back.

From my source it appears Sam is a dreamer who promised more than he could deliver, perhaps with best intentions but could not deliver. Also his people skills my source said are awful, treating staff like dirt, sacking managers but telling the fans first!!!
My source also says that he lied about selling our top players, had no manners in business meetings and insulted people and in the end even turnned away his allies with his behaviour.

Is he Langston? I assume if he has offered to write off the debt he must be???? And as to him walking around the pitch was fun when we were in the lower leagues but we're a big club now so would be embarrassing.

So no thanks Sam thanks for the memories but we're now a club run as a proper business.

And my source? None other than Annis who wants Sam back - read it all in his book Shattered Dreams.

Re: Sam Hamman

Wed May 18, 2011 7:54 pm

welcome to hell fella :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed May 18, 2011 7:55 pm

stuckster wrote:Hi guys,

Always been a keen reader of the forum but have today registered to share my thoughts on Sam coming back.

From my source it appears Sam is a dreamer who promised more than he could deliver, perhaps with best intentions but could not deliver. Also his people skills my source said are awful, treating staff like dirt, sacking managers but telling the fans first!!!
My source also says that he lied about selling our top players, had no manners in business meetings and insulted people and in the end even turnned away his allies with his behaviour.

Is he Langston? I assume if he has offered to write off the debt he must be???? And as to him walking around the pitch was fun when we were in the lower leagues but we're a big club now so would be embarrassing.

So no thanks Sam thanks for the memories but we're now a club run as a proper business.

And my source? None other than Annis who wants Sam back - read it all in his book Shattered Dreams.
]]

Intresting 1st Post...

Is your source HP / Or Heinz Btw

Wed May 18, 2011 7:55 pm

Why hell mate????

Is a great book and only repeating what was in it??

Wed May 18, 2011 7:56 pm

stuckster wrote:Why hell mate????

Is a great book and only repeating what was in it??

im ona bout the forum ;) and it was a joke :D :D :ayatollah:

Wed May 18, 2011 7:56 pm

The guy handed us over to the sharks like riddler/pmg and he LOANED us money not gave us so i dont see why everyone is hanging out the back of him,The football side i wouldnt mind him back but money side no fricking way :lol: :ayatollah:

Wed May 18, 2011 7:57 pm

Oh right, sorry bro - never registered before so thort there was an initiation or something!!

Wed May 18, 2011 7:58 pm

stuckster wrote:Oh right, sorry bro - never registered before so thort there was an initiation or something!!

BRO haha

You on a wind up ?

Wed May 18, 2011 8:00 pm

Sorry call everyone bro. Didn't mean to offend anyone. :ayatollah:

Wed May 18, 2011 8:00 pm

Loaning money to the club?

Welcome to the world of football.

Very few club owners actually put their own real cash in out of the goodness of their hearts

Wed May 18, 2011 8:02 pm

I have heard this a few times about the way he treated the staff. I have had quite a bit of experience working with the Arabs and gove one of them authority and they can get carried away.

Wed May 18, 2011 8:04 pm

stuckster wrote:Hi guys,

:lol: :lol: :lol:
BEST POST I've ever read, left me Speechless :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
On that Note I cant comment other than I still want Sam back :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

WE NEED PASSION/PRIDE and MOTIVATION AT CARDIFF CITY and OUR FANS LOVED :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed May 18, 2011 8:05 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:Loaning money to the club?

Very few club owners actually put their own real cash in out of the goodness of their hearts

yes i know this so why are people off this board so far up his ring piece he nearly broke us then handed us over to the real SHARKS :ayatollah:

Wed May 18, 2011 8:05 pm

Didnt affend me .. :ayatollah:

Wed May 18, 2011 8:07 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:

yes i know this so why are people off this board so far up his ring piece he nearly broke us then handed us over to the real SHARKS :ayatollah:

People on here realise that, while the Malaysians are very good businessmen, they do not know enough about football side of things to succeed - if our chief exec did, it would be okay, but he doesn't. They also realise the lack of passion and direction at the club.

Just two of things that Sam being at the club would rectify :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed May 18, 2011 8:12 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:

People on here realise that, while the Malaysians are very good businessmen, they do not know enough about football side of things to succeed - if our chief exec did, it would be okay, but he doesn't. They also realise the lack of passion and direction at the club.

Just two of things that Sam being at the club would rectify :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Well are chief exec must know something after all hes in the job who would put a bricklayer on an electricians job no-one would,Yes sam might know something about football and passion and maybe breed it backin to the club but the arse lickers and brown noses on this board seem to forget what happened and it was him who passed us on to the riddler and co with huge LOAN notes owed to him

Wed May 18, 2011 8:13 pm

RIVERSIDE-FC wrote:Didnt affend me .. :ayatollah:

And on that note, You had to have broad shoulders with Sam about, He is Lebanese, I am Egyptian we lose our cool quick, but our bark is worse than our bite :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed May 18, 2011 9:45 pm

Annis bro do i get royalties for plugging your book? :)

Was a great read tho, showed an insight into the club at that time and i applaud your openess specially as you and Sam are close.

I hope we don't have Sam back as it would divide this club at a time we need to unite. We need the current owners now to deal with the manager position and put it to bed then outline to the fans their business model. If it means stabilising and clearing debt then we go with it.

Think the club now owes the fan transparency, this has been lacking in recent years.

Wed May 18, 2011 10:10 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:Well are chief exec must know something after all hes in the job who would put a bricklayer on an electricians job no-one would,Yes sam might know something about football and passion and maybe breed it backin to the club but the arse lickers and brown noses on this board seem to forget what happened and it was him who passed us on to the riddler and co with huge LOAN notes owed to him

exactamundo, spot on matey

anyone wish to put forward some sort of counter argument to this statement maybe?
ive yet to see one that is even close to being justifiable to this point

he was indeed a very, very passionate owner, who knew a lot about football

but he nearly left us without a club, there's no more to be said when you consider that really is there??

or would we all like to be "clubless"

Wed May 18, 2011 10:10 pm

Stuckster has silenced the one and only Annis Theodore Abraham :o :o :shock: :shock: will some one grab this Stuckster and pickle him this guy needs to be preserved or medical experiments carried out and then cloned.
Wow i didnt think that would happen in my lifetime :D :D :D :D :D :D

Wed May 18, 2011 10:12 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Stuckster has silenced the one and only Annis Theodore Abraham :o :o :shock: :shock: will some one grab this Stuckster and pickle him this guy needs to be preserved or medical experiments carried out and then cloned.
Wow i didnt think that would happen in my lifetime :D :D :D :D :D :D

getting old now aint ya constable!!! gonna have to retire soon :old: :old: :old:

Thu May 19, 2011 5:56 pm

stuckster wrote:Annis bro do i get royalties for plugging your book? :)

Was a great read tho, showed an insight into the club at that time and i applaud your openess specially as you and Sam are close.

I hope we don't have Sam back as it would divide this club at a time we need to unite. We need the current owners now to deal with the manager position and put it to bed then outline to the fans their business model. If it means stabilising and clearing debt then we go with it.

Think the club now owes the fan transparency, this has been lacking in recent years.

Annis??

Thu May 19, 2011 6:00 pm

Didnt Sam introduce the high wage structure at CCFC...........? I keep asking this simply because Im not 100% certain but Im sure it was his structure.

Thu May 19, 2011 6:08 pm

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/ :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:lol:
:ayatollah:

We all make mistakes in life, we are not all perfect, SAM MADE MISTAKES and KNOWS HE DID, Read my new book out in September :lol:

NO SERIOUS, WE NEED A LEADER,WE NEED PASSION, WE NEED A FOOTBALL MAN, WE NEED TO DREAM, WE NEED A MAN WITH A HEART, I PRESENT " SAM HAMMAM " :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 6:13 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

:lol:
:ayatollah:

We all make mistakes in life, we are not all perfect, SAM MADE MISTAKES and KNOWS HE DID, Read my new book out in September :lol:

NO SERIOUS, WE NEED A LEADER,WE NEED PASSION, WE NEED A FOOTBALL MAN, WE NEED TO DREAM, WE NEED A MAN WITH A HEART, I PRESENT " SAM HAMMAM " :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Trouble is Forever Blue, if we get Sam back ,we will only ever get a 'puppet' manager. Sam is a control freak and if he's involved on the playing side do you really think that he wouldn't be interfering left right and centre ? You'd either need a very strong character as manager who was not afraid to tell Sam to piss off or we'll get what we got last time, an Alan Cork or a Lennie Lawrence.

Thu May 19, 2011 6:16 pm

I could see Bellers giving him his two pence too!!!

I have an idea for Sam - he likes stirring the passions, gets the fans going, walks around the pitch, plays pranks yes you got it...........

OUR NEW MASCOT!!!

The Jacks got Cyril the Swan we got Sam the Man!!!!

Thu May 19, 2011 6:25 pm

scott_w_ccfc wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:Well are chief exec must know something after all hes in the job who would put a bricklayer on an electricians job no-one would,Yes sam might know something about football and passion and maybe breed it backin to the club but the arse lickers and brown noses on this board seem to forget what happened and it was him who passed us on to the riddler and co with huge LOAN notes owed to him

exactamundo, spot on matey

anyone wish to put forward some sort of counter argument to this statement maybe?
ive yet to see one that is even close to being justifiable to this point

he was indeed a very, very passionate owner, who knew a lot about football

but he nearly left us without a club, there's no more to be said when you consider that really is there??

or would we all like to be "clubless"

NO1 can justifi it thats just it its all bring back sam bring back sam because a few people on here are supposed to have had a few tea partys and sticky bun eating contests with him and the rest of the puppets follow tandum like a punch & judy show :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 6:46 pm

AND ITS ALL GONE QUIET :lol:

Thu May 19, 2011 7:12 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:AND ITS ALL GONE QUIET :lol:

Are we still here ? Yes ! Did he Finish our Club ? No

Is Langston owed 20 odd million Still ? Yes ! Is he demanding Payment ? No !

Sam did a hell of alot for the club ! His the reason where are were we are !

And with him back we have passion back into the club

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2011 7:13 pm

Its amazing how poles apart the fans are over Hamman, he's either loved or loathed.

Personally i think Sam is responsible for the current problems we have with fans, he gave a false sense of hope that we'd hit the top, be as big as Man Utd, we saw big signings for lower league club, stadium improvements and we thought we were on our way. Then the bubble burst, players sold, Langston etc etc.

The fans now are still beleiving we should by right be in the top division and forget where we've come from.

And i have to be honest this new greed for glory is no better illustrated than the fact we couldn't sell out the play off home leg.

When first following Cardiff if i'd been told we'd be in a new stadium, challenging for the premiership i'd have snatched your hand off.