Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Eddie Mays Son

Wed May 18, 2011 7:18 pm

Can anyone remember him in the early 90's ? I met him a couple of times & thought he was a right loon :lol: in a good way though :ayatollah:

Re: Eddie Mays Son

Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:30 pm

Hi it's the man himself here, just been looking through your forum as I went back to following Charlton after my City days and still do to this day hence my post because I was lurking to see if antbody had posted any pictures from Friday night's friendly in Seville.

Anyway how are you all? Been reading a few threads about the Liege trip, apparantly they let the lunatic out of the asylum that night and I wanted to fight every Belgian skin head in sight. I remember getting battered by riot police during the game and just as they were about to cart be off to a Liege cell a few Cardiff fans lunged in from nowhere and I wwas a free man!! Can't rember much else I was as pissed as a fart, perhaps some of you can enlighten me!! :lol:

Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:34 pm

Sory about the spelling by the way, blame that on the old man!!

Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:52 pm

Happy Days!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-3k14jO ... re=related :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:55 pm

Seen the you tube clip many a time, I can remember the pub before the game but not much of the game itself, I wasn't with the majority of City fans I was up in the stand where the camera zoomed into, there was around 150 or so of us up there! :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:59 pm

Do you remember what you threw into the hotel swimming pool, :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:00 pm

Eddie Mays son :ayatollah: Can't remember exactly where I first set eyes on you but we were away somewhere & you were hanging off a chandelier :lol: in some pub/hotel. Somebody said to me "that's Eddie mays son there & he's nuts " :ayatollah: What is Eddie up to these days ?

Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:04 pm

Back of the Net wrote:Happy Days!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-3k14jO ... re=related :ayatollah:

On 45 secs ,it looks like Annis leaning back on the railings next to some lad with a green jumper on :?:

Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:07 pm

Paul May!

We played in the same side together for Macgowans/Admiral many years ago!

I set most of your goals up from the wing :lol:

I won't mention my name thou! ;)

Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:08 pm

Oh feck that jogs the memory :oops: Can't remember what it was but I remember becoming very unpopular very very quickly soon after.

As for the chandeliers, I haven't got the foggiest where that was :P

Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:14 pm

Chris that's not you is it? I loved those days, manage to score 78 in 54 games, I recall the players below so is your name on it:

Richie Rogers
Dave Fiddler (Legend)
Ben ?
Chris Taylor
Or are you the young lad that we had in the side, bloody good player he was?

I'll think of more as I go along.
Last edited by Pmay64 on Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:15 pm

Thats me Paul

Craigy Brana! :D

Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:19 pm

Were you the tall lad? Sorry to sound so vague, they were days close to my heart, always will be had some great times, think you were about 17 when you broke into the side if I remember rightly. I am sure it's you Craig come to think of it , quiet lad in those days so what made you turn into a hooligan :lol: :lol: :lol:

Do you still see any of the lads from that team?

Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:23 pm

Yeah i was quite tall but soon filled out! :D

Yeah i still see all the boys apart from Chrissy (moved to swindon recemtly) and Tony Thorne.

I'll jog your memory now

Darren Sanders
John Gee
Dapper
Leckie
Lee Mackintosh
Derek Allen (legend)

Those were the days!

Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:29 pm

Great days as I say, how are all the boys are they all ok? please pass on my best, Tony must be about 108 now!! :lol: I miss Richie and Fiddler must admit . How long did the Addy keep going for? Is Kev still running it?

Who were Dapper and Leckie can't think!! How's Roger these days? Did he go completely senile in the end LOL!!

Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:32 pm

HI PAUL

THINK YOU WERE MARRIED TO BEV , MY MATES DAUGHTER

Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:34 pm

Yeah all the boys are fine (i'll pass your message on).

Richie's trying to start another team for next season (all the old boys etc etc).

Addy is now closed and boarded up (some guy from Ely took it over but it was dead!).

Need you back behind the bar see! :D

Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:37 pm

Leckie and dapper were youngsters aswell,

Haven't seen Roger for a while, he used to walk the butts (for a change) but haven't seen for a long time.

Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:01 pm

Great speaking to you after all this time Craig, Im waiting in anticipation now to hear about some of the antics I got up to watching the City think i'm in for some embarrassing reading.

I run a Charlton forum these days, nowhere near as busy as here but we are all a friendly bunch so this is where you will find me, tell the guys the same it would be fantastic to hear from some of them and all the Cardiff friends that I made in my Dad's time at the club, I made some good friends who I sadly fell out of contact with.

All the best.

http://intothevalley.proboards.com/index.cgi

Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:39 pm

Xcasual wrote:Eddie Mays son :ayatollah: Can't remember exactly where I first set eyes on you but we were away somewhere & you were hanging off a chandelier :lol: in some pub/hotel. Somebody said to me "that's Eddie mays son there & he's nuts " :ayatollah: What is Eddie up to these days ?

might have been brum away??

Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:41 pm

scifo wrote:Yeah i was quite tall but soon filled out! :D

Yeah i still see all the boys apart from Chrissy (moved to swindon recemtly) and Tony Thorne.

I'll jog your memory now

Darren Sanders
John Gee
Dapper
Leckie
Lee Mackintosh
Derek Allen (legend)

Those were the days!

hey scifi (craig) was you mates with nick? came to the infamous jacks away game in 91 in my car?

Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:58 pm

Hi Sludge, only just seen your post mate. We weren't married mate but did live together, Bev is my daughter's mother but we split up on 2000. I was saddened to hear recently that Bev had lost her Father and not so long ago her Mother too. I didn't see them that often but enjoyed being in their company when I did, they were lovely people.