Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

DAVE JONES BEST SQUAD!!!!

Wed May 18, 2011 7:01 pm

Let's break down wot happened with Dave Jones and this "best squad" as u call it..............

Gk's Heaton - Marshall - BOTH injured for vital parts of the season, a reliable gk is important as was showed last night

Defence - Hudson superb this season, but u all thought he was b****ks last season so why would u have said he was past of "the best squad in the league
Naylor - Good signing to get on a free, no one seemed to be bothered by him early in the season wen we were top, a couple of mistakes and everyone is on his back, yeh he was having a VERY bad spell, but booing the man and cheering wen he is subbed his not wot fans are meant to do, it didnt help the team, and wot can Jonesy do about that?

Midfield - Olofinjana - another one of the "best squad" players cos he'd played premier league football, lets not forget it was at teams who were finding their feet in the premier league, not established premierleague sides. He just didnt perform after xmas.
Koumas - He is older now and hasnt played enough football, so for ppl to assume (like i did at first, ill be honest) that he is capable of tearing midfields apart in this division these days is sadly mistaken, far better midfielders out there now. Still love Super Jase tho!

Bellamy - he was unable to play the star man on every occasion due to knee injuries etc so missed a lot of game. He is definately the best player in the championship, but one man doesnt make a team. So as far as best squad goes, the answer is no, its just best player there.
Bothroyd - cant be annoying time to time, but the man is a genius and most of our play goes through him, but does anybody even think that he was out for 2/3 months with an injury?
Chopra - TWO long term injuries for this man and he is a key player wen on form. We never really had competition for places in attack because someone was always injured.

QPR - Taarabt NEVER injured
Swansea - Sinclair, Dyer, Pratley, NEVER injured
Norwich - Hoolahan, Holt etc, NEVER injured

We did a superb job to finish 4th in the championship this season, it was such a tight league. Most of your expectations are FAR TOO HIGH. Im only 24 but in my first years as a City fan I witnessed 2 relegations to the bottom league, so I love every minute of challenging to get into the best league in the world. I got to see my team in the FA Cup final as a championship side? That's amazing!! Maybe it is Dave Jones time to move on, ppl can have their own opinions on that, but to say its all his fault it pathetic. Some of the older fans on here, (mention any names) really surprise me with their views as they have seen the dark dark days. As for this forum, we need to be careful wot's being said cos i think it's a distraction especially as we've been informed the players read it.
I say leave the updates for just incoming players wen its all exciting in the transfer window. We dont need to know their personal lives. That was a long one, before anyone asks, Im not Dave Jones :lol:

Re: DAVE JONES BEST SQUAD!!!!

Thu May 19, 2011 4:42 pm

Come on, all the know it alls who claim Dave Jones had it all, no one has replied. I know my football very well and Davey Jones hasn't had an easy time with some of the knobish fans we have. We can say we've supported the team all season, but have we? No, booing players off, criticising players. If we'd stuck behind the team, through mistakes, bad luck, loses, we'd have had a much better chance, TRUST ME. Another 20 teams finished below us, I bet they didnt get booed off no matter wot. Nevermind aye, Next Year, New Manager, same fans, same booing if we dont win, same outcome at the end of the season.

Remember this qote "ull be sorry Jonesy's gone"

Re: DAVE JONES BEST SQUAD!!!!

Thu May 19, 2011 6:00 pm

Pontypool_Bluebird wrote:Come on, all the know it alls who claim Dave Jones had it all, no one has replied. I know my football very well and Davey Jones hasn't had an easy time with some of the knobish fans we have. We can say we've supported the team all season, but have we? No, booing players off, criticising players. If we'd stuck behind the team, through mistakes, bad luck, loses, we'd have had a much better chance, TRUST ME. Another 20 teams finished below us, I bet they didnt get booed off no matter wot. Nevermind aye, Next Year, New Manager, same fans, same booing if we dont win, same outcome at the end of the season.

Remember this qote "ull be sorry Jonesy's gone"

Why will we be sorry when Jonsey's gone? look at his record, ok took us to the F.A cup Final, Play -off final but lost both, failed misrebly this season, with in his words the best squad in the Championship, no i wont be sorry when he's gone, a year to late in my opinion...