Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BELLAMY AND BURTON = PERFECT TANDEM?

Wed May 18, 2011 6:22 pm

from what weve heard, burton is more easy-going and lighthearted guy, but great tactician and trainer, what if he had bellamy by his side? for me that sounds pretty damn good

Re: BELLAMY AND BURTON = PERFECT TANDEM?

Wed May 18, 2011 6:23 pm

id rather a manager .. not an assistant and a player

Wed May 18, 2011 6:23 pm

Burton, no thanks
if dj goes, so has the lot of them

Wed May 18, 2011 6:24 pm

langley wrote:Burton, no thanks
if dj goes, so has the lot of them

exept wilko :ayatollah:

Wed May 18, 2011 6:25 pm

Burton is an old head, if he was interested in management he would have either a) left to become a manager or b) been poached off us.....neither has happened

Wed May 18, 2011 6:25 pm

quadsas wrote:from what weve heard, burton is more easy-going and lighthearted guy, but great tactician and trainer, what if he had bellamy by his side? for me that sounds pretty damn good

I actually would support that, Burton is well Respected by the players,DJ use to ignore Burtons advice.

Wed May 18, 2011 6:33 pm

One change that is very over due IMO is Martyn Margetson being replaced as Goalkeeping coach.

I have lost count of how many keepers we have had over the past few seasons, but they all seem to follow the same route of becoming shit before getting long term injuries.

It has happened far too many times now for just to be down to bad luck.

Wed May 18, 2011 6:42 pm

is it the same players who have gone on piss /stayed out late that respect burton

Wed May 18, 2011 6:44 pm

No - if Jones goes - so does Terry IMO, clean sweep for me!

Wed May 18, 2011 7:02 pm

this is what i got told by a friend of mine....she works in bellamys pub and knows him well.........apparently burton is the only one bellers would keep.

Wed May 18, 2011 7:03 pm

d20 wrote:this is what i got told by a friend of mine....she works in bellamys pub and knows him well.........apparently burton is the only one bellers would keep.

if thats true then it would probably work but I doubt that Malaysians will go for it :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed May 18, 2011 7:08 pm

We need a clean sweep. Top to bottom clear out.

Wed May 18, 2011 7:10 pm

whatever happens ...bellamy will pick the guy he trusts and who he wants on the line ....so either way it,ll be who bellers wants ....can only be good

Wed May 18, 2011 7:19 pm

What about ANDY GRAY!!!! :lol:
good technician and likes what where doing down here, especially after mcnaughton smashed over sian massey!!!!! :lol: :ayatollah:

Wed May 18, 2011 7:33 pm

Remember this from the start of the season.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010 ... amy-celtic

Perhaps as the season ends it's Bellamy trying to drag Lennon to Cardiff. He was there last night and the shit he is getting up north just may not be worth it.

Lennon and Bellamy........... You couldn't say the management team lacked passion

Wed May 18, 2011 8:37 pm

Merlin wrote:No - if Jones goes - so does Terry IMO, clean sweep for me!

Totally agree with that post :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed May 18, 2011 8:37 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:One change that is very over due IMO is Martyn Margetson being replaced as Goalkeeping coach.

I have lost count of how many keepers we have had over the past few seasons, but they all seem to follow the same route of becoming shit before getting long term injuries.

Agree

Wed May 18, 2011 8:41 pm

Lennon. I actually wouldn't mind him at City. Passionate man.

Wed May 18, 2011 8:43 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:One change that is very over due IMO is Martyn Margetson being replaced as Goalkeeping coach.

Agree

Hopefully the board are going to evaluate the position of ALL THE COACHING STAFF. You'd imagine any new manager is going to want to bring their own staff in with them.

Wed May 18, 2011 8:43 pm

We need to get rid of the entire back room staff and also the academy managers . :ayatollah:

Wed May 18, 2011 8:56 pm

Wayne S wrote:Remember this from the start of the season.

Perhaps as the season ends it's Bellamy trying to drag Lennon to Cardiff. He was there last night and the shit he is getting up north just may not be worth it.

Lennon and Bellamy........... You couldn't say the management team lacked passion

You could not get more passion than those two NQAT!

I'd give that combination a go if they could get an experienced old head to work with them.

Wed May 18, 2011 9:00 pm

I think that the back room staff and players have let Jones down big time, Jones has been let down by the trust he put in them as professionals.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed May 18, 2011 9:03 pm

Am i right in saying Burton does not want to be a Manager ?

Wed May 18, 2011 9:54 pm

good call that tony. as a supporter you dont look at these things, problems ,untill they are brought up? :ayatollah:

Wed May 18, 2011 10:02 pm

quadsas wrote:from what weve heard, burton is more easy-going and lighthearted guy, but great tactician and trainer, what if he had bellamy by his side? for me that sounds pretty damn good

Not for me, what tactics has he shown so far with DJ ????

Wed May 18, 2011 10:03 pm

Wayne S wrote:Remember this from the start of the season.

At this moment in time i agree with you Wayne :ayatollah:

i can also tell you that Lennon did not rush home last night and stayed in Cardiff after the match,with Bellers :ayatollah:

May have been just catching up on old times ;)

Wed May 18, 2011 10:47 pm

im my opinion Burton has too go aswell ,

He maybe a nice fella and gel's well with teams but after watching the team not score from endless corners this season i cannot find a good reason for him too stay - We need new manager with a plan B , and a good technical assistant to help install creative thinking into our players , Burton doesnt install me with confidence , we are so predictable as a team at the moment...

Thu May 19, 2011 10:57 am

Think it has to be a clean sweep. THank them all for their efforts and freshen the place up.

That aside, if the new man wanted to keep them on then that would be a different story - but I imagine they would want their own trusted team with them.

Thu May 19, 2011 12:38 pm

paul wilkinson - reserve team manager with no reserve team?

says it all really