Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I want the jacks to go up

Wed May 18, 2011 6:21 pm

Reasons

1) It'll benefit welsh football on the whole. Get more kids interested in football instead of on their bloody PS3's and Xbox 360s

2) the stigma around who got to the premiership first will be gone as it'll be done.

3) Even if they go up, they've gone up third and over 46 games this season they achieved the same number of points than us and won a lottery. Not exactly that much of an achievement to be honest when you compare it to what QPR and Norwich have done.

4) We may actually focus on ourselves next season without the hindrance of a south wales derby. This year, Jones came out and gave a ridiculous interview before the derby game we lost and we then went on a bad run. Without those types of games next year we might actually put a quality run together and push for automatic promotion

5) It'll root out all the plastics. We'll soon see who really loves Cardiff City when you get loads of plastics heading West to watch their Liverpool, their Man Utd, their Chelsea and their Arsenal play. Let them go, they're not true fans.

6) We'll be the underdogs. With Swansea clinching promotion to the big league all the expectation from the Welsh media, the British media will be on them, taking a lot of pressure off us which then means we can do our own thing.

7) We still have our history. No one can take that away from us. We've beaten the top teams. We've had great moments. It was inevitable that one day it would be there turn so now the pressure is on them to prove themselves and lets see if they can get results against the likes of Arsenal, the likes of United and Liverpool.

8) Why should we care about Swansea going up? Let them gloat, let them have their time, because we should focus on one thing and one thing only, CARDIFF CITY FC, The team we love, the team we sit in the pouring down rain to watch, the team we travel up and down Britain to watch.

Re: I want the jacks to go up

Wed May 18, 2011 6:39 pm

jamesbarnett91 wrote:Reasons

1) It'll benefit welsh football on the whole. Get more kids interested in football instead of on their bloody PS3's and Xbox 360s

2) the stigma around who got to the premiership first will be gone as it'll be done.

3) Even if they go up, they've gone up third and over 46 games this season they achieved the same number of points than us and won a lottery. Not exactly that much of an achievement to be honest when you compare it to what QPR and Norwich have done.

4) We may actually focus on ourselves next season without the hindrance of a south wales derby. This year, Jones came out and gave a ridiculous interview before the derby game we lost and we then went on a bad run. Without those types of games next year we might actually put a quality run together and push for automatic promotion

5) It'll root out all the plastics. We'll soon see who really loves Cardiff City when you get loads of plastics heading West to watch their Liverpool, their Man Utd, their Chelsea and their Arsenal play. Let them go, they're not true fans.

6) We'll be the underdogs. With Swansea clinching promotion to the big league all the expectation from the Welsh media, the British media will be on them, taking a lot of pressure off us which then means we can do our own thing.

7) We still have our history. No one can take that away from us. We've beaten the top teams. We've had great moments. It was inevitable that one day it would be there turn so now the pressure is on them to prove themselves and lets see if they can get results against the likes of Arsenal, the likes of United and Liverpool.

8) Why should we care about Swansea going up? Let them gloat, let them have their time, because we should focus on one thing and one thing only, CARDIFF CITY FC, The team we love, the team we sit in the pouring down rain to watch, the team we travel up and down Britain to watch.

How will it benefit Welsh football? Most of the Jacks are not Welsh? It will benefit the Caravan Industry though. :ayatollah:

Wed May 18, 2011 6:43 pm

Disagree. I want them to lose. Next season if they stay down then Rangel and Pratley will deffo go. as will Borini and possibly de vries. The likes of Sinclair and Williams will think about futures as well.

Also CCFC could lose a generation of fans if the jacks go up.

Wed May 18, 2011 6:50 pm

I can't understand why any Bluebird would want them to go up?

What next, "i want the Jacks to win the Prem because it'd be good for...insert something daft..."?

Get a grip.

Wed May 18, 2011 6:55 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:Disagree. I want them to lose. Next season if they stay down then Rangel and Pratley will deffo go. as will Borini and possibly de vries. The likes of Sinclair and Williams will think about futures as well.

Funny how last year we were all lectured that Swans fans should support Cardiff against Blackpool as it would be good for Welsh football.

That all seems slightly disingenuous now the show is on the other foot :lol:

Wed May 18, 2011 6:56 pm

Humiliating 4-0 just to show the c*nts they are overachievers and don't deserve f*ck all

Wed May 18, 2011 6:58 pm

NJ73 wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:Disagree. I want them to lose. Next season if they stay down then Rangel and Pratley will deffo go. as will Borini and possibly de vries. The likes of Sinclair and Williams will think about futures as well.

Funny how last year we were all lectured that Swans fans should support Cardiff against Blackpool as it would be good for Welsh football.

Thats bollocks-anyone who thinks that ccfc should support the jacks and vice versa is wrong. 30 years ago it might have been different. Personally i dont want jacks cheering us on. Likewise i will never cheer the jacks on.

Wed May 18, 2011 6:59 pm

I will only wish the Jacks well if they're doing well behind us! If they're ahead of us I couldn't care less.

Wed May 18, 2011 6:59 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:Thats bollocks-anyone who thinks that ccfc should support the jacks and vice versa is wrong. 30 years ago it might have been different. Personally i dont want jacks cheering us on. Likewise i will never cheer the jacks on.

Spot on Gareth :ayatollah:

Wed May 18, 2011 7:00 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
NJ73 wrote:

Thats bollocks-anyone who thinks that ccfc should support the jacks and vice versa is wrong. 30 years ago it might have been different. Personally i dont want jacks cheering us on. Likewise i will never cheer the jacks on.

Well that's what we were told. But don't worry, I cheered as loud as anyone when Blackpool won ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7qFSHc0 ... r_embedded

Wed May 18, 2011 7:02 pm

Frodo wrote:I can't understand why any Bluebird would want them to go up?

What next, "i want the Jacks to win the Prem because it'd be good for...insert something daft..."?

Get a grip.

Obviously not. That is an achievement but going up third is not as big as winning the prem. Its not even as big as clinching a europa league spot or winning the league cup. Next season, if they go up, their fans will be sat for 38 games watching whilst they are facing a relegation battle. Let them have that if thats what they want. The only benefit I can see of going up this year is the financial benefit for them.

If we go up, we have wealthy backers who can inject cash into the team just like QPR have. QPR will stay up. They wont come back down. Swansea will be back down so let them have their season.

Can you imagine how it'd feel if we do a QPR next season, clinch the title whilst they get relegated?

Wed May 18, 2011 7:04 pm

as much as i dislike the mentality of some of their fans and their obsession with us i want them to win too. i have a few good friends that support swansea that have wished us the best in cup games and play offs in recent years so i will return he compliment. this is their shot at glory but personally i would not swap our fa cup final with their play off final

Wed May 18, 2011 7:06 pm

as much as i dislike the mentality of some of their fans and their obsession with us i want them to win too. i have a few good friends that support swansea that have wished us the best in cup games and play offs in recent years so i will return he compliment. this is their shot at glory but personally i would not swap our fa cup final with their play off final

Wed May 18, 2011 7:08 pm

NJ73 wrote:[]Disagree. I want them to lose. Next season if they stay down then Rangel and Pratley will deffo go. as will Borini and possibly de vries. The likes of Sinclair and Williams will think about futures as well.

Well that's what we were told. But don't worry, I cheered as loud as anyone when Blackpool won ;)

[/quote][/quote]
I'm sure i chuckled a few years ago when tosser tate missed a pen in a shootout.......

Wed May 18, 2011 7:09 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
NJ73 wrote:[]Disagree. I want them to lose. Next season if they stay down then Rangel and Pratley will deffo go. as will Borini and possibly de vries. The likes of Sinclair and Williams will think about futures as well.

[/quote]
I'm sure i chuckled a few years ago when tosser tate missed a pen in a shootout.......[/quote]

I'm sure you did, little did you think then where we'd be know eh :mrgreen:

Thu May 19, 2011 8:17 am

8)[size=150] Why should we care about Swansea going up? [/size]Let them gloat, let them have their time, because we should focus on one thing and one thing only, CARDIFF CITY FC, The team we love, the team we sit in the pouring down rain to watch, the team we travel up and down Britain to watch.

Come on mun make you mind up :oops: :P
Do you or dont you because your thread starts with something else? :lol:

Thu May 19, 2011 8:29 am

Suddenly I find all this bollox about the world ending in 2012 appealing. :lol:

I hope they get well and truly sunk. I'm no fan of Reading, poxy little club that should be in lge1 at best but I'll be popping the champagne if they go back up to the premiership at the Jacks expense. :roll:

Thu May 19, 2011 8:31 am

NJ73 wrote:Funny how last year we were all lectured that Swans fans should support Cardiff against Blackpool as it would be good for Welsh football.

Did someONE write that...?

Well now we've got someone writing that they want you to go up. Hardly speaks for the majority of us does he? :roll:

Thu May 19, 2011 8:33 am

I think you're mad!! Or just a nicer person than me!! It would be my worst nightmare if they go up. Horrendous!! :shock: :shock:

Thu May 19, 2011 9:29 am

your always going to get some fans wishing others well and others who would rather see them floating face down in the taff.... personally i couldnt give a shit if the jacks go up, if they do best of luck to them, if they dont then roll on next season and another two games against them :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: