Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Guaranteed top 10 Championship "

Wed May 18, 2011 12:51 pm

My view is that if Dave Jones stays we are guaranteed a top 10 finish next season...his record proves that,but I very much doubt he would ever get us over the finishing line...his record proves that will not happen, if we let him go things could go either way dependant on the ambitions of the owners, if they pump money in to support a new manager then maybe we could go one better but if they decide to act more carefully and consolidate then I would expect a low key new manager announcement or the stay of execution for Jones.

Re: Guaranteed top 10 Championship

Wed May 18, 2011 12:54 pm

Corky only if DJ has a Budget of at least £16-£22 Million, if had £50 Million he would not take us up in my opinion.

SO DO YOU WANT DJ to Stay ?

WHAT DID THESE CLUBS ACHIEVE ?

link
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=45888 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed May 18, 2011 12:55 pm

I think even if a new manager comes in we will, at worst, be consolidating anyway. It is a gamble Corky but it is one I think we need to take. The Malaysians won't splash out on a big name because they've seen two gambles not pay off now. My honest prediction is that they will sack Jones and then give Terry Burton the job. Not much will change, we'll probably bottle it again but it will buy the Malaysians some time and on the cheap as well.

Wed May 18, 2011 1:03 pm

Zabier wrote:I think even if a new manager comes in we will, at worst, be consolidating anyway. It is a gamble Corky but it is one I think we need to take. The Malaysians won't splash out on a big name because they've seen two gambles not pay off now. My honest prediction is that they will sack Jones and then give Terry Burton the job. Not much will change, we'll probably bottle it again but it will buy the Malaysians some time and on the cheap as well.

Well if what Malaga CF is true [& i don't doubt that it is] then that is just what the Malaysians want next season, consolidation in the Championship as cheap as possible. So in that case, i can't see DJ leaving, unless another team wants him.
Interesting to hear that the Far Eastern group that partially owned Leicester City have taken 100% full control of that club today.

Re: " Guaranteed top 10 Championship "

Wed May 18, 2011 1:11 pm

Of what benefit is mid table in the championship to the Malaysians.... NONE

With the gambling licence for VT in the far east in the balance he needs us in the premier for exposure

VT is in this for the long haul and has so far just been treading water, now we will see the real cheque book in the summer

KEEP THE FAITH :ayatollah:

Wed May 18, 2011 1:29 pm

I want a new manager because Dave Jones has had a fair go now and although we have had some close finishes and three Wembley trips we always end up failing...so a new manager seems sensible...my worry is we know what we get with Jones...a relatively successful team..we had 80 points this season even though we lost our two goalies but again we failed.

What if we did a Charlton who sacked their man after years of mid table stuff only to go down two leagues?

On the other hand the Malaysians may invest and we get promoted under a better manager....

All ifs and buts..

Wed May 18, 2011 1:31 pm

Bob Hatton wrote:Of what benefit is mid table in the championship to the Malaysians.... NONE

With the gambling licence for VT in the far east in the balance he needs us in the premier for exposure

VT is in this for the long haul and has so far just been treading water, now we will see the real cheque book in the summer

KEEP THE FAITH :ayatollah:

im with you on this bob
i think our manager has been given the option of resigning or being pushed and is currently mulling that over.
the malaysians will not tread water as they will want definite promotion next year.
we are part of the bigger picture for the malaysians who have been promoting the club in asia all season.
i see whoever comes in being given the same budget as jones has had this season and we will make another concerted push for promotion.
as depressed as i was this morning i think the clubs future will be brighter over the next few weeks with jones gone

Wed May 18, 2011 1:35 pm

VT was livid after watching the boro debacle and the fact both he and TG were not present last night shows that it was not just us the fans who knew we would blow up again.
Agree Steve the Malays are honourable people and are allowing Jones to go with dignity or they will pull the trigger for him and we will definately start feeling better in the coming weeks !!!!

Wed May 18, 2011 3:09 pm

I reckon 2 mil for Routledge would have got us there this year, as it was we was stuck with Burke

Wed May 18, 2011 3:34 pm

Pretty much summed up my feels corky, I think its probably time for a new manager but the wrong choice or a few poor signings and we could easily relagation fodder