Re: Goalkeepers under DJ

Wed May 18, 2011 12:45 pm

Heatons quite similar to Alexander IMO

Wed May 18, 2011 12:48 pm

we have never replaced him!

Wed May 18, 2011 12:49 pm

Surely Margetson would have been involved in recruiting either by seeing keppers play or a simple phone call to opposing keeper coaches on their opinions so he must take some responsibilty?

Wed May 18, 2011 12:51 pm

Bob Hatton wrote:Surely Margetson would have been involved in recruiting either by seeing keppers play or a simple phone call to opposing keeper coaches on their opinions so he must take some responsibilty?

He is the problem Heaton hates him.

Wed May 18, 2011 3:45 pm

Marshall and Heaton equal to Alexander who IMO was always overrated.

Wed May 18, 2011 4:08 pm

i really liked alexander, but if jones dont like you , your gone.

Wed May 18, 2011 4:32 pm

miguel comminges ftw wrote:Heatons quite similar to Alexander IMO

i agree, except i think Alexander was a far better shot stopper

i could see where DJ was coming from when he got rid of Alexander, saying he wanted someone who would command his area better... the only problem being that nobody thats replaced him has done that

marshall is another good shot stopper but who doesnt command his area
heaton has the best handler weve had of any keeper in my opinion, but not the best shot stopper
enckelman, oakes, konstantopolous, bywater to name but a few were all awful
and schmiechel was really good, but again not as good as Neil Alexander, i dont think

i really am jealous when i look at some of the other division's keepers like Camp, Westwood, Speroni, Kenny, Federici and De Vries

Wed May 18, 2011 4:37 pm

Midfield general wrote:and Jones was the person who got rid of him!!! Yet a couple of seasons later Alexander plays in the UEFA Cup final!!!

Hmm, being fair, Alexander was firmly the number 2 at Rangers - regular keeper injured, suspended whatever.