Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bonuses - Should be based on Winning Margin...

Wed May 18, 2011 12:23 pm

I am clearly not privvy to peoples salaries. However, it appears that most sides operate a "win" bonus or an "appearance" bonus.

Clearly, far too often, we have seen situations where we have gone one up and then defend like mad.

For me this is a risky tactic and it is not the sort of entertaining tactic we should be playing.

I would like to see a situation where everyone is given a bonus figure (e.g 15% of their weekly wage) and the actual bonus achieved would be based on the winning margin. So a 1-0 win would attract 1xBonus. a 2-1 win would attract 1xBonus. a 3-1 win would attract a 2xBonus - and so on!

This, in my opinion, would create a scenario where we "Go For Goals" and continue to attack - even when we are 2-0 up. It would also create that greater unity as everyone would be on the same style of bonus so just as attackers need to attacke defenders need to defend and any mistakes/successes hit everyone in the pocket the same way.

Re: Bonuses - Should be based on Winning Margin...

Wed May 18, 2011 12:26 pm

Heard on talksport yesterday, that Carlton cole is on £10,000 a goal bonus :shock: