Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Tired of hearing we had the best squad

Wed May 18, 2011 8:12 am

If I hear this one more time.......... :evil:
This often repeated comment has been floating about all season, but is surely based on Craig Bellamys arrival. Take him out of the equation and how is that the best squad. That statement means you have top quality in every department? Well, Goalkeeper? Heaton I like, top quality not. Defence? the excellent Kevin McNaughton only. Midfield? A hot and cold Whittingham maybe. Attack Bothroyd and Chopra potentially yes.

A lot of players who on the day have the ABILITY are in there, and certainly we have had the best numbers in a squad that I can remember. But best squad in the league? No! Quantity not quality. To many loan players, Matthews should have been given a run. Koumas and Jet were poor loans. Parkin has been terrible. Jones worst season as manager IMO TIME FOR A CHANGE

Re: Tired of hearing we had the best squad

Wed May 18, 2011 8:49 am

Agree 100% mate and said all this in a rambling post last night. We were never close to having the best squad. Best strikers possibly but Jones over the years has totally failed to address key areas like GK, CB, FB (exception KMc) and particularly midfield. For example every single one of Swansea's (could have picked any club in the top half of the table to be honest and some in the bottom half) central midfield players would breeze into our side and if you consider Sinclair and Dyer as wide midfield players, well I rest my case. Players need to do it on the pitch but ultimately it's the manager who brings the players in and holds ultimate responsibility for performance and results.

Re: Tired of hearing we had the best squad

Wed May 18, 2011 9:08 am

Yes spot on! Most of our players are average this season. We don't have money to spend, So why do people this we have the right to be in the best league in the world? Our manager trys but most of our players don't give a f**k. Another reason why Jones should stay.