Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ANNOUNCE BELLAMEY AS MANAGER NOW

Wed May 18, 2011 6:42 am

Give us something to cling to, clear the decks, give Bellers the job and let us have a team that are proud to represent us, we don't need spin, we need positive action and positive direction.

I am grateful to the Malayasians for what they have done, but they need to be bold now and restructure the whole set up. :old:

Re: ANNOUNCE BELLAMEY AS MANAGER NOW

Wed May 18, 2011 6:45 am

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: i feel totally gutted again this morning, but there we are ''WE ARE CARDIFF'' AND WE ARE USED TO IT :D

BELLAMY STAY HERE FFS

Wed May 18, 2011 6:48 am

BigGwynram wrote:Give us something to cling to, clear the decks, give Bellers the job and let us have a team that are proud to represent us, we don't need spin, we need positive action and positive direction.

I am grateful to the Malayasians for what they have done, but they need to be bold now and restructure the whole set up. :old:

i agree 100% gwyn thats what we need right now will it happen though?

Wed May 18, 2011 6:48 am

Gwyn, when you say restructure the set up - do you mean on the pitch along with the coaching staff, or do you mean anything off the field in terms of running the club?

Wed May 18, 2011 6:53 am

I MEAN EVERYTHING THAT ISN'T RIGHT, the lack of support for the academy and youth set up, no long term plans, the pitch yes, we need to fund the grow lamps, yes we need a manger that makes you feel he loves the club rather than is just here to do a job, we need a team that connect with the fans and have some bond. We need to get out into the community and be part of things, now is the time to restructure.

Wed May 18, 2011 6:55 am

JUST ANNOUNCE JONES HAS BEEN SACKED AND I CAN HAVE A HAPPY SUMMER!

Wed May 18, 2011 6:56 am

BigGwynram wrote:I MEAN EVERYTHING THAT ISN'T RIGHT, the lack of support for the academy and youth set up, no long term plans, the pitch yes, we need to fund the grow lamps, yes we need a manger that makes you feel he loves the club rather than is just here to do a job, we need a team that connect with the fans and have some bond. We need to get out into the community and be part of things, now is the time to restructure.

what do you think will happen now?

Wed May 18, 2011 7:07 am

BigGwynram wrote:Give us something to cling to, clear the decks, give Bellers the job and let us have a team that are proud to represent us, we don't need spin, we need positive action and positive direction.

Gwyn, don't you think Bellamy would need an experienced manager/coach alongside him. Craig has no management experience and such a hot head he would need someone there with him

Wed May 18, 2011 7:07 am

Citysince1964 wrote:

Gwyn, don't you think Bellamy would need an experienced manager/coach alongside him. Craig has no management experience and such a hot head he would need someone there with him

ray wilkins

Wed May 18, 2011 7:14 am

Hey Gwyn, did you manage to stay for the second half this week? :o

And as for Bellamy being appointed player manager, who is going to pay his transfer fee to Man City? :?

Fooking clown :lol:

Wed May 18, 2011 7:15 am

Hey Gwyn, did you manage to stay for the second half this week? :o

And as for Bellamy being appointed player manager, who is going to pay his transfer fee to Man City? :?

Wed May 18, 2011 7:24 am

Man City want him off their books and don't want him to go to a Premiership club. If Bellamy's only wish is to come to us then Man City will just be happy to waive a transfer fee of any proportion and just get him off the wages.

I'd still rather have Bellamy on the pitch for 1-2 more seasons but someone with his passion and commitment wouldn't be a bad choice as manager. Being passionate and being a decent manager though are two different things so it would be a gamble but would I rather be mid-table mediocrity with a passionate local manager for a few seasons or would I rather have a bottler in charge like we have for the last few? I don't know.

Wed May 18, 2011 7:25 am

NJ73 wrote:Hey Gwyn, did you manage to stay for the second half this week? :o

if you have nothing tidy to say f**k off jack

Wed May 18, 2011 8:20 am

Good shout in theory Gwyn.

Personally I'd say player / coach role would be more suitable for Bellamy. Get the boys going through the paces & firing them up in training then free to do the business on the pitch on match day & still driving you on at the same time.

Don't think Bells is ready to hang up the boots yet & in such a big job you couldn't combine roles.

Plus wouldn't be wise to let him loose with a cheque book or with team tactics as he simply hasn't the experience.

An experienced man alongside him & him as coach I think could reap very good rewards.

Wed May 18, 2011 8:24 am

BigGwynram wrote:I MEAN EVERYTHING THAT ISN'T RIGHT, the lack of support for the academy and youth set up, no long term plans, the pitch yes, we need to fund the grow lamps, yes we need a manger that makes you feel he loves the club rather than is just here to do a job, we need a team that connect with the fans and have some bond. We need to get out into the community and be part of things, now is the time to restructure.

i like the cut of your jib Gwynn :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed May 18, 2011 8:41 am

Bellamy has got a good few years playing left in him yet. He should not be the next manager.

Wed May 18, 2011 10:16 am

I no we are all a bit despondant (again)..... but install Bellers as manager?

That is a proper mad idea.

A bat-shit crazy idea.

Sorry

Wed May 18, 2011 11:38 am

I think one guy on the radio last hit the nail on the head last but it covers the whole club He said we had a team of individuals with no colective spirit. We need a manager who can build a team jones cant simple as that

Wed May 18, 2011 12:13 pm

What has Bellamy done in managment, we need someone who is proven and Craig to work with him.

Wed May 18, 2011 12:43 pm

Ihope bellamy stays and plays a big part of our future, but i dont honestly think giving him the managers job is the answer, we need a good young manager with a bit of experience, and good man management to take us to where we belong.

Wed May 18, 2011 12:46 pm

Can you loan a manager? :roll: :roll:

Wed May 18, 2011 3:43 pm

Does Bellamy want the job?

Wed May 18, 2011 4:17 pm

DENNIS WISE WAS MANAGER OF A MILLWALL SIDE THAT GOT TO THE FA CUP FINAL.

HIM AND CRAIG ARE BOTH THE SAME, PASSIONATE WITH A TEMPER AND WILL EXPECT 100% EVERY GAME FROM THEIR PLAYERS.

BELLAMY PLAYER/MANAGER, HES THE SPECIAL ONE, SUPER CRAIG, WE LOVE YOU, YOU DON'T TAKE SHIT OFF ANYONE! NANA NANA NANA NANA NANA CITYYYY!

Wed May 18, 2011 4:18 pm

Yeah but it was Gus Poyets brains behind all the "good work" wise done. He was soon found out when Poyet left

Wed May 18, 2011 4:42 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Yeah but it was Gus Poyets brains behind all the "good work" wise done. He was soon found out when Poyet left

Just bring in someone to guide Bellamy then. Simple. Someone to be the brains, Bellamy to have the passion, motivation and guidance.

Wed May 18, 2011 4:44 pm

Im not even sure Bellamy would want the job.

Wed May 18, 2011 4:54 pm

Don't agree with bellamy as manager yet. But certainly a coaching role would suit him down to the ground I think.

Agree wholeheartedly with your assessment on the behind the scenes farce. Especially the grow lamps for the pitch.

For me, if DJ goes(fingers crossed) a defining legacy of his will be the terrible treatment of young players. Yes, they had to be sold for financial reasons, but wht's startling is that the likes of Ramsey and Matthews hardly played for us, yet there they are at Arsenal and Celtic!

We need a whole new coaching staff with fresh ideas and plenty of PASSION. Respect for the fans wouldn't go amiss either. I want to see our gaffer running down the touchline high fiving the fans!

More heart in the team. Young battlers prepared to give their all.

Thu May 19, 2011 10:33 am

[quote="jamesbarnett91"]DENNIS WISE WAS MANAGER OF A MILLWALL SIDE THAT GOT TO THE FA CUP FINAL.

HIM AND CRAIG ARE BOTH THE SAME, PASSIONATE WITH A TEMPER AND WILL EXPECT 100% EVERY GAME FROM THEIR PLAYERS.

BELLAMY PLAYER/MANAGER, HES THE SPECIAL ONE, SUPER CRAIG, WE LOVE YOU, YOU DON'T TAKE SHIT OFF ANYONE! NANA NANA NANA NANA NANA CITYYYY![/quote

Wise was a contender when DJ got the job 6 years ago. Didnt want him then, dont want him now.