Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Majority of Cardiff Fans fully behind Dave Jones.

Tue May 17, 2011 10:53 pm

?

Seems that way, not much in the way of anti Dave stuff out there, might be a lot on Forums but when it comes down to it people who want Jones out dont seem to be very Vocal.

Now dont get me wrong, theres a time and a place to make your feelings known and tonight wasnt the night, however, after we went 3-0 down I was surprised not to here 'Jone's Out' ringing round the stadium, in fact the opposite, when some fans started singing 'Your getting sacked in the morning' they were shouted over by 'barmy army'.

The general feeling around where I sit was that he should go, he's taken us as far as he can, something I agree with.

Im not a Jones fan by any stretch but do have a bit of sympathy for him missing Bellamy, Mcphail, Heaton and Quin, saying that, the players playing in their place were HIS signing so the buck stops there.

Re: Majority of Cardiff Fans fully behind Dave Jones.

Tue May 17, 2011 11:21 pm

What ever your thought's are on the minority/majority of support what does matter is the fact that Borley has stated Jones is a gonner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tue May 17, 2011 11:28 pm

Those who want jones to remain have no ambition.

Tue May 17, 2011 11:28 pm

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:?

Seems that way, not much in the way of anti Dave stuff out there, might be a lot on Forums but when it comes down to it people who want Jones out dont seem to be very Vocal.

Now dont get me wrong, theres a time and a place to make your feelings known and tonight wasnt the night, however, after we went 3-0 down I was surprised not to here 'Jone's Out' ringing round the stadium, in fact the opposite, when some fans started singing 'Your getting sacked in the morning' they were shouted over by 'barmy army'.

The general feeling around where I sit was that he should go, he's taken us as far as he can, something I agree with.

Im not a Jones fan by any stretch but do have a bit of sympathy for him missing Bellamy, Mcphail, Heaton and Quin, saying that, the players playing in their place were HIS signing so the buck stops there.

as the miz would say "REALLY REALLY"

Tue May 17, 2011 11:30 pm

Bob Hatton wrote:What ever your thought's are on the minority/majority of support what does matter is the fact that Borley has stated Jones is a gonner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

do you think that borley and the rest of the Cardiff board with deep pockets should follow him through the door then :?:

Tue May 17, 2011 11:30 pm

to mention mcpahil really does sum up your view on football the guy has the same trappings as Jones no flair, no plan b(apart from a left foot), no bollox!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tue May 17, 2011 11:46 pm

EVERYONE was shouting for him out, literally everyone where I sit. And elsewhere. DJ LOYALISTS have even turned, sick of the betrayal

Tue May 17, 2011 11:54 pm

Didn't hear either of those chants to be honest. And although I am Dave Jones fan even I was quite surprised to hear a chant of Davy Jones My Lord in the 2nd half.

Tue May 17, 2011 11:57 pm

i probs am dave jones no 1 fan but now after he took chopra off when we 2-0 down i thought time 2 go mr jones thanks :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed May 18, 2011 12:22 am

Citysince1964 wrote:Didn't hear either of those chants to be honest. And although I am Dave Jones fan even I was quite surprised to hear a chant of Davy Jones My Lord in the 2nd half.

You Feckin Liar.................You wont save DJ using lies.....he is a gonner mate!!

Wed May 18, 2011 5:20 am

20 out of nearly 30000 isnt a majority :roll:

Wed May 18, 2011 5:39 am

jinks-rct wrote:

20 out of 30,000 what exactly?

What you on about? Wheres 20 from? Wheres 30,000 from and where do they fit into this?

Wed May 18, 2011 5:44 am

Bob Hatton wrote:to mention mcpahil really does sum up your view on football the guy has the same trappings as Jones no flair, no plan b(apart from a left foot), no bollox!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

McPhail, along with Mcnaughton was the only playet to come out with any credit from the final few games.

Did you not see his performance against QPR!!!

Wed May 18, 2011 6:03 am

Where he has been really unlucky this year is to lose all above but especially Marshall and Heaton at the same time, there were no keepers available at the time, and having Bywater in goal cost us 10 to 15 points and the playoffs and ultimately promotion.

Wed May 18, 2011 6:26 am

Whatever anyone thinks of Jones, at the end of the day he's taken us to a cup final, play off final + play off and stabilized us in the championship. If you had said that was going to happen at the beginning of his tenure every single city fan's jaw would have hit the floor.
So i for one am thankful for Jones bringing the best football to City i have ever seen here, and long may that continue.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed May 18, 2011 7:08 am

Bob Hatton wrote:What ever your thought's are on the minority/majority of support what does matter is the fact that Borley has stated Jones is a gonner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank God for that!. I was not going to step foot inside that stadium again whilst Jones remained.

Wed May 18, 2011 7:28 am

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:
jinks-rct wrote:

20 out of 30,000 what exactly?

What you on about? Wheres 20 from? Wheres 30,000 from and where do they fit into this?

i believe only about 20 will want jones to stay.. where and who is this majority then? did you do a survey after the game :roll:

Wed May 18, 2011 7:39 am

The majority definitely want him out in my opinion. Even my mates who are Jones die hards admit his time is now up. There were people singing 'Davey Jones Barmyarmy' because people singing 'Jones Out' with 15 minutes left was pathetic to be honest. Shout all you want after the game but during the game it offers no favours.

There will be the odd moron who doesn't understand football who will want Jones to stay but they're the same people who have voted Conservative for years before 1997 because they were scared of change.

Wed May 18, 2011 7:58 am

bluebirdcal wrote:Whatever anyone thinks of Jones, at the end of the day he's taken us to a cup final, play off final + play off and stabilized us in the championship. If you had said that was going to happen at the beginning of his tenure every single city fan's jaw would have hit the floor.
So i for one am thankful for Jones bringing the best football to City i have ever seen here, and long may that continue.

That old chestnut. He had a team that included bellamy, chopra, bothroyd, whittingham, burke, mcnaughton etc and he couldn't get us up. The man makes more excuses than my 3 year old daughter and he earns 800,000 a year. With that squad I could get us up and I'd do it for 100k. I want him to go away now.

Wed May 18, 2011 8:03 am

Well im not one of them. DJ is a dinosaur, he's on borrowed time now & he needs to go!

Wed May 18, 2011 8:10 am

DJ is getting a million a year and Chris Hughton is getting nothing right now.... these need to do the old switcharoo!

Wed May 18, 2011 8:38 am

bluebirdcal wrote:Whatever anyone thinks of Jones, at the end of the day he's taken us to a cup final, play off final + play off and stabilized us in the championship. If you had said that was going to happen at the beginning of his tenure every single city fan's jaw would have hit the floor.

Jaw dropping is correct, I agree with your first statement. I've enjoyed most of the ride. Not this season though.

As for the best football I have seen here, only for the first few months that season when we started up top with Birmingham, Chopra's first season. Up until the Southampton game we were sharp and our movement was exceptional. I remember walking out of Ninian Park that night, top of the table thinking how awesome it was. Funny how every time I think we've cracked it, we crack up. Did other teams suss us out or did something change?

I don't think that this seasons side was as good as it was made out to be...BY JONES, BY THE FANS, BY THE MEDIA.

Not enough fighters and a manager always telling players not to play the occasion. Well I want a manager that gets his players so worked up that they are raring to get out of the traps each and every game and players that love the fact that they have the best job in the world and play each game as if it was their last. We've got two of those, McNaughton and Bellamy, they'd be the same if they were playing out on the road or in the back garden.

I hate cliches, and one of the worst is 'when the going gets tough :roll: ' , well there are far too many at Cardiff City who don't get going and as has been pronounced on this board a stack of times (I forget by who :lol: ), "Cardiff City will never be promoted under Dave Jones."

Wed May 18, 2011 8:54 am

In the cold light of day,we are still a strong championship side that has done reasonably well for a few seasons under DJ`S tenure!!!
There are loads of similar size clubs to us who would bite their arm off to be in our position!! ...Look at sheff wed/sheff utd!! charlton and even southamton as yet they have to prove they are good enough to compete in this league!
Even clubs in this league who have spent more than us,mboro and ipswich,have had crp seasons!!
WILL ANY OF YOU BE BIG ENOUGH TO COME ON HERE AND ADMIT WE SHOUDVE STUCK WITH DJ WHEN WE FINISH MIDTABLE WITH A NEW MANAGER!!

Wed May 18, 2011 9:22 am

Alphonix wrote:In the cold light of day,we are still a strong championship side that has done reasonably well for a few seasons under DJ`S tenure!!!
There are loads of similar size clubs to us who would bite their arm off to be in our position!! ...Look at sheff wed/sheff utd!! charlton and even southamton as yet they have to prove they are good enough to compete in this league!
Even clubs in this league who have spent more than us,mboro and ipswich,have had crp seasons!!
WILL ANY OF YOU BE BIG ENOUGH TO COME ON HERE AND ADMIT WE SHOUDVE STUCK WITH DJ WHEN WE FINISH MIDTABLE WITH A NEW MANAGER!!

We will no longer be a strong championship side once the axe wields and the loanees go back, we will have a very average squad if rumour is to be believed that the owners will look to youngsters and the best talent from league 1 which they have stated that it will be run as a business....If they were running it as a business then Jones should have been sacked at Christmas as his performance was not up to the mark along with that gobshite Bothroyd who did sweet FA since his England cap and Chopra was just making up the numbers.

But what manager will come to a club with average type players?

Come on TG and VT get rid of that hanger on NOW!!!!

Wed May 18, 2011 10:51 am

5000 on here not many sticking up for him today,
I accept there may be some who have voiced their opinion outside of this forum to you
But cant see how you can speak for the other 20k+, that attend our matches :?:

Wed May 18, 2011 1:00 pm

It's amazing that after 6 years at the Club people are still making excuses for Jones. I don't believe for one moment that the majority of City fans are fully behind Dave Jones.

StT.

Wed May 18, 2011 3:50 pm

I was at the back singin davey jones barmy army cos like some1 said earlier singin sacked in the mornin was pathetic...for the record ive been a DJ fan this season but i too think its now time for him 2 pack his bags

Wed May 18, 2011 3:53 pm

Dave Jones should stay. I think the next few years are going to be about consolidation now we've not made it up. He'll provide stability and step aside in a few years when we're ready to make an assault on promotion yet again.

The last thing we want is a fire sale and bring the wrong man in who ends up getting us relegated.

Wed May 18, 2011 4:15 pm

I know there are hardly any fans who want Jones to stay, my post was a piss take.

The point I was/am trying to make is that there seems to be a lot of people who want Jones out but not much action in regards to trying to do anything about it.

There was no 'Jones Out Chants' at any stage this season or after last night.
There hasnt been any demonstrations or or anti Jones protests.

Thats what I cant understand and thats why I made my 'Majority of Fans behind Dave Jones' thread cos I was absolutely amazed, considering the past 3 seasons, Sheff Weds Away, Blackpool and now this that the whole stadium wasnt chanting 'We want Jonesy out!' in unison after last nights disaster.

Wed May 18, 2011 5:18 pm

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:I know there are hardly any fans who want Jones to stay, my post was a piss take.

The point I was/am trying to make is that there seems to be a lot of people who want Jones out but not much action in regards to trying to do anything about it.

There was no 'Jones Out Chants' at any stage this season or after last night.
There hasnt been any demonstrations or or anti Jones protests.

Thats what I cant understand and thats why I made my 'Majority of Fans behind Dave Jones' thread cos I was absolutely amazed, considering the past 3 seasons, Sheff Weds Away, Blackpool and now this that the whole stadium wasnt chanting 'We want Jonesy out!' in unison after last nights disaster.

Well I know what you are saying as I expected a reaction from the crowd against Jones. Thinking about it though I would say most of us expect those eho are power to remove him, a forgone conclusion like. Hence why there was no chanting as we thought we would be reading the papers this morning with the headlines Jones has left the building.

As you know that did not happen so if we could turn the clock back to full time last night I think it would be alot different.