Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Majority of Cardiff Fans fully behind Dave Jones.

Wed May 18, 2011 5:28 pm

Gerry Hat Trick wrote:
Bob Hatton wrote:What ever your thought's are on the minority/majority of support what does matter is the fact that Borley has stated Jones is a gonner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank God for that!. I was not going to step foot inside that stadium again whilst Jones remained.

The fact is that whatever Steve Borley may want/think it is not his decision now. Its what VT says what I'm interested in as he's the only opinion that matters these days. So I won't get my hopes up just yet.

Wed May 18, 2011 5:29 pm

I can remember a good debate on AAMB around the time of the Ipswich, C Palace and Barnsley games when it was mentioned that had we lost the next match to Millwall Jones would have been sacked.

I fully supported the idea of getting rid of him then and putting Terry Burton in charge until the end of the season as I knew full well we would never get promoted under Jones.

OK it is fair to say we don't know if Burton would have done any better, but the blatant truth is I and others have been proved completely right in our instincts about Dave Jones' total lack of managerial ability to get the job done.

Today I feel sick to my stomach at being proved right and I have never felt so pissed off but one thing for certain is there is no room at this club for that failed scouse wanker.

We now need a complete change of direction, away from overpaid pre-Madonna’s and instead more finance given to the academy and the scouting system which should be looking for gems like Charlie Adam and players which are frankly motivated and have a basic ability to get the job done.

Wed May 18, 2011 6:21 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:I know there are hardly any fans who want Jones to stay, my post was a piss take.

The point I was/am trying to make is that there seems to be a lot of people who want Jones out but not much action in regards to trying to do anything about it.

There was no 'Jones Out Chants' at any stage this season or after last night.
There hasnt been any demonstrations or or anti Jones protests.

Thats what I cant understand and thats why I made my 'Majority of Fans behind Dave Jones' thread cos I was absolutely amazed, considering the past 3 seasons, Sheff Weds Away, Blackpool and now this that the whole stadium wasnt chanting 'We want Jonesy out!' in unison after last nights disaster.

Well I know what you are saying as I expected a reaction from the crowd against Jones. Thinking about it though I would say most of us expect those eho are power to remove him, a forgone conclusion like. Hence why there was no chanting as we thought we would be reading the papers this morning with the headlines Jones has left the building.

As you know that did not happen so if we could turn the clock back to full time last night I think it would be alot different.

Its a bit like West Ham, their fans been on all the Radio Shows slagging the board off, abusing Brady, Gold and Sullivan but when the reporter said to them I dont remember to many Marches against the board, protests, chants of sack the board they were stumped.

I think, as fans we could have done a lot more to force the hand of the board to make changes or made it clear to Jones he wasnt wanted anymore, he's biding his time now, letting things settle, there are people far more in the know than me, but I wouldnt be to shocked to see him talk his way into another season, whereas if the fans had been calling for his head last night, protesting and making it clear, his position would deffinately have been untenable. As it happened, all there that happened was a few boo's at the end.

Its been as clear as day for ages, the defeat at Ashton Gate, throwing away the game at Millwall, scraping past Doncaster and Preston, losing at home to Ipswich and drawing with Barnsley.

We realy didnt deserve promotion im sad to say.

Wed May 18, 2011 6:24 pm

I've personally got mixed feelings on this, to Jones credit he has given us some great moments unseen for years, On the other hand the pain of faltering at the final hurdle so often,hurts badly. Do we stick with a guy that provides us with a half decent team but has'nt got what it takes to take us to the next level or do we replace him with a chancer who may be able to see us through or may backfire & we struggle? I'm not his greatest fan but feel confident with him in charge that we'll at least remain in this division.

Wed May 18, 2011 6:40 pm

alphonix it took dj 6 f...ing years to get us where we are now , and you would expect a new manager to come in and do better than mid table in his first year with the shit squad he would inherit ,i think your not very realistic i for 1 would give any new manager his first season to consolidate and implament his changes/strategies :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed May 18, 2011 6:48 pm

DAVE JONES ABSOLUTE PLONKER , FULL OF IT COMPLETE T**POT USELESS. hOWS THAT BACKLASH THEN........??????

Wed May 18, 2011 8:43 pm

Daniel_PT_blues wrote:I was at the back singin davey jones barmy army cos like some1 said earlier singin sacked in the mornin was pathetic...for the record ive been a DJ fan this season but i too think its now time for him 2 pack his bags

I thought it was aimed at Bywater and not Jones

Wed May 18, 2011 9:22 pm

Certainly was lively in the Canton after the 'Sacked in the morning chant' Im in the Dave Jones out brigade and people were squaring up to each other towards the back of 106, it was pretty tense !!!!! :ayatollah: but to coin a phrase by Annis its all about opinions :?

Wed May 18, 2011 10:12 pm

I am a DJ fan but i do think hes had his time now,so id like to try someone new ,and if he does go id like to wish him all the best for the future and thank him for all he done for us. Well done Dave :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: