Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

So What Now?

Tue May 17, 2011 9:40 pm

Dave Jones - The Best manager Cardiff have ever had. Taken us to a F.A Cup Final and a Play off Final. Worked with very little money and brought great squads together year after year. Got us up higher and higher in the league.

BUT

Got the best squad he'd ever had together, he said that him self. A squad that included an England International, a Premier League player of the year from the season before, a £4million striker, and big big players for the Championship. And we failed to improve on last season.

We lost 3-0 at HOME in a play off SEMI FINAL. Is that good enough?
We showed no passion and no fight. And these are ALL players Dave Jones brought into the club.
Dave Jones failed to manage these players and get them playing to the best of their abilities as a TEAM.

So Dave Jones out?

Well who would come in?

I can't think of many realistic targets that would do a better job than DJ would do. Plus, we will have a very very thin squad until we sign a lot of players this summer, and would bringing a new manager in help the club or put it back even further?

I don't know, but what I do know is that this team were good enough to get promoted and we, for some reason, failed to do so.

Re: So What Now?

Tue May 17, 2011 9:47 pm

brilliantbluebirds09 wrote:Dave Jones - The Best manager Cardiff have ever had. Taken us to a F.A Cup Final and a Play off Final. Worked with very little money and brought great squads together year after year. Got us up higher and higher in the league.

BUT

Got the best squad he'd ever had together, he said that him self. A squad that included an England International, a Premier League player of the year from the season before, a £4million striker, and big big players for the Championship. And we failed to improve on last season.

We showed no passion and no fight. And these are ALL players Dave Jones brought into the club.
Dave Jones failed to manage these players and get them playing to the best of their abilities as a TEAM.

So Dave Jones out?

Well who would come in?

I can't think of many realistic targets that would do a better job than DJ would do. Plus, we will have a very very thin squad until we sign a lot of players this summer, and would bringing a new manager in help the club or put it back even further?

I don't know, but what I do know is that this team were good enough to get promoted and we, for some reason, failed to do so.

I agree with all that apart from you saying the players showed no passion. They really wanted it tonight and for the first 45 mins they played very well at pace. However, DJ couldn't change it and therefore we lost the momentum.

I always said give J the season and judge him. He's had the season and I judge that he should now go.

Re: So What Now?

Tue May 17, 2011 9:49 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
brilliantbluebirds09 wrote:Dave Jones - The Best manager Cardiff have ever had. Taken us to a F.A Cup Final and a Play off Final. Worked with very little money and brought great squads together year after year. Got us up higher and higher in the league.

BUT

So Dave Jones out?

Well who would come in?

I agree with all that apart from you saying the players showed no passion. They really wanted it tonight and for the first 45 mins they played very well at pace. However, DJ couldn't change it and therefore we lost the momentum.

I always said give J the season and judge him. He's had the season and I judge that he should now go.

Look at Forest after they went 2-0 down last night. We didn't battle half as hard as they did.