Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The future

Tue May 17, 2011 9:26 pm

Lets see what VT & TG want to do before we think about anything else, and if they want to flood the squad with loan players again then maybe we should just cut our losses and look to stay up.

AMBITION is what is required.

Re: The future

Tue May 17, 2011 9:27 pm

I'd say don't rely on players from Premiership, scout lower league clubs and build A TEAM.

Tue May 17, 2011 9:29 pm

quadsas wrote:I'd say don't rely on players from Premiership, scout lower league clubs and build A TEAM.

We can agree on that.

Apart from Bellamy, most of the better signings of late have come from "smaller" clubs.

Tue May 17, 2011 9:30 pm

PtB wrote:
quadsas wrote:I'd say don't rely on players from Premiership, scout lower league clubs and build A TEAM.

We can agree on that.

Apart from Bellamy, most of the better signings of late have come from "smaller" clubs.

Pretty much all our best players were relatively unknown and cheap, i.e Burke or Roger. There are loads of talent down there, one guy I could obviously list is Charlie Austin, he would totally rip this league apart :ayatollah: He isn't cheap, obviously...

Tue May 17, 2011 9:32 pm

well we will have a squad of 8players come end of the month coz everyones going back to loan clubs or out of contract so we will see :ayatollah:

Tue May 17, 2011 9:34 pm

one guy I could obviously list is Charlie Austin, he would totally rip this league apart :ayatollah: He isn't cheap, obviously...

Didn't he move to burnley in January? haven't heard too much of him since he's been there!

Tue May 17, 2011 9:35 pm

Lamboy88 wrote:
one guy I could obviously list is Charlie Austin, he would totally rip this league apart :ayatollah: He isn't cheap, obviously...

Didn't he move to burnley in January? haven't heard too much of him since he's been there!

wow, im such a noob! didnt even know bc he wasnt playing! hmmmmmmm

Tue May 17, 2011 9:41 pm

Hear hear, most of these loan players are wankers who couldn't give a f**k about the club...we need to build a settled team...we need big changes now, throughout.

Tue May 17, 2011 9:42 pm

quadsas wrote:
Lamboy88 wrote:

wow, im such a noob! didnt even know bc he wasnt playing! hmmmmmmm

maybe we could buy him on the cheap considering he's not playing (McCormack to Leeds comes to mind!).
clearly an out and out striker. has a decent record on the boy.........http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Austin

Tue May 17, 2011 9:43 pm

well if hes not playing for burnley that probably means he has some attitude or personal problems...

Tue May 17, 2011 9:48 pm

PtB wrote:Lets see what VT & TG want to do before we think about anything else, and if they want to flood the squad with loan players again then maybe we should just cut our losses and look to stay up.

AMBITION is what is required.

he had everything he wanted and no one could accuse the malaysians of not backing him.
he was backed in the january transfer window and he brought in parkin who hasent had a look in and jls who hadent played for a year and also lets not forget derby's third choice goalkeeper who run's and dives in instalments.
how the hell did we end up playing blake, matthews, koumas, jet and parkin in the most important game of the season.
these are all players who have had next to no playing time in the last three months.
once again we looked short on fitness and devoid of idea's but if you have a manager who does not believe in going to watch his opposition prior to playing them then how do you expect him to have any tactical nous.
jones buys his loyalty from his players by paying them over the top wages but there are no excuses in my opinion for the amount of time the players have off from training and no excuses for the lack of discipline within the squad.
In my opinion the malaysians should go forward with an experienced manager with craig alongside him on the training field.
we need to reinvigorate the squad with some young enthusiastic players and we need to sweep through the club with a new broom.
we also need to replace the chief executive with someone who is able to discipline both players and the manager when needed.
In march when the international matches were going on jones wanted to take the squad to portugal for warm weather training.
the club declined due to the finances and so the players were given the time off instead. That was the time that someone should have stepped in and put the manager in his place.
going back to the malaysians we need to get behind them now and give them as much support as we can because without them we would not exist and they are plowing millions into this club and must be devestated by the way the season has fizzled out.