A forum for all things Cardiff City

" CRAIG BELLAMY NOT STARTING TONIGHT "

Tue May 17, 2011 1:51 pm

" CRAIG BELLAMY NOT STARTING TONIGHT " :cry:

Def Not in First 11.

DJ wants to keep him for Wembley lol.

Re: " CRAIG BELLAMY NOT STARTING TONIGHT "

Tue May 17, 2011 1:52 pm

What will be will be. We have enough quality without him. Hopefully he's on the bench. :ayatollah:

Tue May 17, 2011 1:52 pm

for wembley we got to f*cking get there first ...ffs.....is he on the bench annis !

Tue May 17, 2011 1:54 pm

d20 wrote:for wembley we got to f*cking get there first ...ffs.....is he on the bench annis !

I honestly at this moment dont know, but I felt he would be.

Tue May 17, 2011 1:54 pm

A huge risk, some might say a calculated one.

I think we have a decent chance of beating Reading without Reading but obv our chances will be a lot less.

IF we beat reading I do think we NEED bellers on that big wembley pitch

Tue May 17, 2011 1:58 pm

well as long as they play well and create enough chances for chops and jay we should still be ok ....but we need him on the bench at least.....as for keeping him for wembley ,thats ridiculous as we have to win tonight first ....unless we can be a goal or two up then ..it will prove to be the right decision.

Tue May 17, 2011 2:00 pm

d20 wrote:well as long as they play well and create enough chances for chops and jay we should still be ok ....but we need him on the bench at least.....as for keeping him for wembley ,thats ridiculous as we have to win tonight first ....unless we can be a goal or two up then ..it will prove to be the right decision.

I am being told he could be on the bench and Bells will be DJ's first EVER PLAN B :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 17, 2011 2:00 pm

Lets hope Chops is up to it, didnt see much on him last time. I would bring in Koumas :ayatollah:

Tue May 17, 2011 2:04 pm

Forever Blue wrote: DJ wants to keep him for Wembley lol.

Bellamy had a tiny tear in his hamstring on Saturday after his scan. If he plays on it there is a good chance he will pop it as soon as he accelerates. So we are likely to see him for about 2 minutes before he gets taken off injured, would then miss all of today's game anyway and then be out for Wembley if we got there.

Jones wants Bellamy and Heaton out on that pitch tonight. He's wanted Heaton playing every game for weeks, but the medical staff are telling him he can't. Whether he's involved tonight I'm unsure, but Jones wants him on the pitch and has been putting pressure on again to try and get this.

Jones is not saving Bellamy for Wembley, he's just not playing a player who is likely to rip apart his hamstring, just to appease certain fans.

Tue May 17, 2011 2:06 pm

ccfcwelshlad wrote:

Bellamy had a tiny tear in his hamstring on Saturday after his scan. If he plays on it there is a good chance he will pop it as soon as he accelerates. So we are likely to see him for about 2 minutes before he gets taken off injured, would then miss all of today's game anyway and then be out for Wembley if we got there.

Jones wants Bellamy and Heaton out on that pitch tonight. He's wanted Heaton playing every game for weeks, but the medical staff are telling him he can't. Whether he's involved tonight I'm unsure, but Jones wants him on the pitch and has been putting pressure on again to try and get this.

Jones is not saving Bellamy for Wembley, he's just not playing a player who is likely to rip apart his hamstring, just to appease certain fans.

Hmm OK Doctor we shall wait and See :roll:

Tue May 17, 2011 2:09 pm

ccfcwelshlad wrote:

Craig will know his own body better than anyone and Im sure he wont put it at risk for anybody.

Tue May 17, 2011 2:10 pm

Dutch Ray says it was tightness and nothing else and Bellers came off Fri as a very very sensible precaution :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Tue May 17, 2011 2:10 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:
ccfcwelshlad wrote:

Fair point Richard :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Craig will know his own body better than anyone and Im sure he wont put it at risk for anybody.

Tue May 17, 2011 2:12 pm

I posted yesterday that imo he would not start tonight.

We drew with Reading away 1-1 without both Beller and Super Kev,time for the squad to used to its max :ayatollah:

Plan B for Bellamy.

I can see the headlines in the echo now! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

You sure Annis? Dutch ray has said the decision has been taken and hopes it pays off, to me that means he is starting

Tue May 17, 2011 2:15 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
ccfcwelshlad wrote:

Why are you rolling your eyes and where did I claim to be a doctor?

The situation with Bellamy is very similar to what Jay was in before the game at Wembley last year. Jay should never have started that game, but did because there wasn't any subsequent games to follow. It was all or nothing. I agree you could say tonight is all or nothing, but it's really not. There's hopefully another game around the corner.

It's a massive call for Jones, but I guarantee you he wants Bellamy out on that pitch as much as he has been houding Heaton to play too. Jones expects the medical guys to have the players up and running so he has a full squad to choose from. He will not take responsibility for any injury that is subsequent to a player being brought back early as he expects the physio staff to stand up to and tell him someones not fit and that is the final decision.

I'm hoping that we can have him on the bench just in case we've literally nothing to lose and fingers crossed he will be.

Tue May 17, 2011 2:17 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:
ccfcwelshlad wrote:

Of course he does, it'll be down to him and the fitness team. Jones will play him if he is passed fit. If he's not fit then that's not Jones' fault.

Tue May 17, 2011 2:19 pm

Dutc ray just tweeted "decision is made, hope the gamble pays off" if annis hadnt said what hes heard that sounds to me as if hes playing

Tue May 17, 2011 2:19 pm

annis any news on who will be on the bench

Tue May 17, 2011 2:22 pm

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:Dutc ray just tweeted "decision is made, hope the gamble pays off" if annis hadnt said what hes heard that sounds to me as if hes playing

John
One of the other players told Carl, Bells wont start. :cry:

Tue May 17, 2011 2:25 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
ccfcwelshlad wrote:

I agree with welshlad; back in November I had what was apparantly just tightness in my hamstring in training. Thinking nothing I raced on it the day after, and just 100m into the race (2km) it tore majorely and took 6weeks physio to heal. I honestly wouldn't risk bellers.

Tue May 17, 2011 2:28 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:Dutc ray just tweeted "decision is made, hope the gamble pays off" if annis hadnt said what hes heard that sounds to me as if hes playing

John

Im gutted, just hope he can get the lads pumped in the dressing room even though hes not starting!
PS) my mrs says thanx very much as she knows im gonna be a miserable tw*t until i leave now! She was hoping i wouldnt know for sure till i was down there :lol:

Tue May 17, 2011 2:30 pm

ccfcwelshlad wrote:

Spot on fella. No saving him nonsense. You can't f**k around with hamstring injuries. He is not fit. simples

Tue May 17, 2011 2:36 pm

Craig will know his own body better than anyone and Im sure he wont put it at risk for anybody.[/quote]

Of course he does, it'll be down to him and the fitness team. Jones will play him if he is passed fit. If he's not fit then that's not Jones' fault.[/quote]

I dont think anyone was blaming Jones, it was merely mentioned that he wont be put at risk. Personally even if Craig is only 80% fit he'd most probably want to play some part, thats the sort of player he is.

Tue May 17, 2011 2:36 pm

I heard on radio that his scan was clear, NOTHING BAD ! I guess he did the right thing at the right time and come off, no one knows Bellers better than Bellers ,and with his passion if he thought for just one min he could play he would. Lets leave all the Dr Killmore stuff to the ones who really know. It been said many times on here,over the season, we have the best team of players and we should have gone up in ATUO place. I for one think we do have a great team of players , now lets hope they can show us ,and prove us right that we are the best !.

One thing I would like to know is , If we do win ,will it be the team that wins, ? or if we throw it away , will it be DJ that throws it away ? All will be revealed in the next part of this great and nail bitting game of LETS FK THE ROYALS! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 17, 2011 2:51 pm

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

John

Im gutted, just hope he can get the lads pumped in the dressing room even though hes not starting!
PS) my mrs says thanx very much as she knows im gonna be a miserable tw*t until i leave now! She was hoping i wouldnt know for sure till i was down there :lol:

Bells is Our Best player/Leader, But I am sure he will lead from the side lines and tell them what for if things go wrong, he is an inspiration :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 17, 2011 2:52 pm

Vintage 63 wrote:Dutch Ray says it was tightness and nothing else and Bellers came off Fri as a very very sensible precaution :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Correct and your right Martyn :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 17, 2011 2:53 pm

rhyspect26 wrote:You sure Annis? Dutch ray has said the decision has been taken and hopes it pays off, to me that means he is starting

I hope, I am wrong and he starts, I think he will be on the bench.

Tue May 17, 2011 2:56 pm

Craig Bellamy WILL be OUR MANAGER tonight :ayatollah: