Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I'm backing Bothroyd!

Tue May 17, 2011 8:11 am

Let's get behind Bothroyd tonight, get his chants going right from the start, we need a big performance from him tonight, more so than normal with the assumption Bellers will start on the bench.

Booing and jeering him from the sidelines clearly does nothing to motivate the man, let's give him our total support tonight.

Yes he goes over too easily, and has been on a second half of the season goal drought, but let's remember the first half of the season, he could do no wrong with the fans, we supported him and cheered him on and he paid us back in goals.

We need Jay tonight, let's put away the frustration with him for this game

Re: I'm backing Bothroyd!

Tue May 17, 2011 8:14 am

It's give and take. Our support has never been questioned. We all know what he can do. If he gives what he knows he can give there's no doubt we'll give him everything.

Tue May 17, 2011 8:14 am

I think he has said on Twitter ,he was really looking forward to the game, its just a shame his form hasnt been that good of late. Maybe he was waiting for the big stage. WELL ITS HERE NOW JAY ! so lets see you put a couple away later tonight. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 17, 2011 9:13 am

I will not doubt Bothroyds ability and he does put a lot of effort in on ocassions. His contribution to our last few seasons has been immense.

However, he is not one for the big pressure games. Things don't go his way and the sulks begin. Injuries also become, in his mind, much worse than they actually are.

I think the motivation begins with the likes of McNaughton, Bellamy, Keinan and Chopra who will kill themselves trying. This will then drag the others along.

Bothroyd needs a decision to go his way or an early goal and he will then be immense. You can pin point the type of game he will have within 15 minutes.