Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

will this be like 1997 or 2003?

Tue May 17, 2011 1:52 am

will this be like 1997 or 2003?

1997 - We lost to Northampton in our semi and the Jacks celebrated their semi final victory but were then beaten by Northampton in the final at the old Wembley.

2003 we lost in the play-offs the previous year to Stoke and went on to win the final against QPR

there are parallels with both years at the moment -

I think we can still do it, and the fact the Jacks are there may actually bizarelly help us, as I'm sure the players will relish playing agianst them, and will now be more up for it than ever.

I also believe the psychology will change in the final if we get there, and I think the Jacks are well capable of bottling it - they virtually did tonight - if Forest had been given one of those two blatant penalties, they would have won, in my view. We have acquired that reputation, but perhaps when push comes to shove, we'll be laughing at them bottling it. Jones is a bottler, but I think Bellamy may be able to overturn that negative out on the pitch for us.

I actually feel a lot more confident now that the Jacks are in the final - I may be wrong, but I think this may just be our year now - and if it is, after all that's gone on, what a few weeks we're in for!

If I'm wrong, and everything ends tomorrow, then I think Jones has to go - at least we'll have that to look forward to!

Re: will this be like 1997 or 2003?

Tue May 17, 2011 1:54 am

no, it'll be like 2011.

Re: will this be like 1997 or 2003?

Tue May 17, 2011 3:45 am

jamesbarnett91 wrote:no, it'll be like 2011.

Nice one genius