Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " Why we are not selling out "

Mon May 16, 2011 5:22 pm

Cracking post Eddie :ayatollah:

Mon May 16, 2011 5:22 pm

Whether right or wrong that's the truth!! I know loads of people who feel the same

Mon May 16, 2011 5:30 pm

one ofthe best honest posts ever

Mon May 16, 2011 5:35 pm

We are disappointed, we are on the outside looking into a club we love but dont feel a part of.

The best statement made in a while.

I agree about the whole playoffs thing but sadly we all knew the deal at the start of the season. We are broken club patched up with plasters bleeding slowly and dying unless we address the issues.

For now though, I still see no excuse for not turning up and supporting the lads tomorrow (bar the obvious ones like work). We need to stick together until the end of May. Then we sort our house out.

Mon May 16, 2011 5:36 pm

Spot on fella.

Mon May 16, 2011 5:42 pm

Best post ever on this MB :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 16, 2011 5:43 pm

OUTSTANDING POST. :old: :ayatollah:

Mon May 16, 2011 5:47 pm

Prehaps its the new mentality of fans "ill only watch the team if were winning" well thats up to them ill continue to watch the team whatever they do :ayatollah:

Mon May 16, 2011 5:50 pm

Crackin post there mate

Mon May 16, 2011 6:14 pm

Spot on Eddie May - Come back and manage us!!!!!!!!
At Malaga, if you are a season ticket holder - all programmes are free and cup games are free.
Think we are having the piss taken out of us by certain players. Im unemployed but still manage to watch City home and away and sometimes, I think why, when the money could be spent somewhere else.
I will however be there tomorrow night. The post has been spot on and with the game live on TV, I suppose a few have decided to save some money during the recession. I just like to see pride in the City shirt. Over the years, I have seen many City sides fight with real passion and then be relegated!!!! :ayatollah:

Mon May 16, 2011 6:17 pm

Cracking post!!

At ninian always felt part of the club. Now it feels empty, airy and flat!

Come on city prove us wrong!

I'll be there!!!
:ayatollah:

Mon May 16, 2011 6:35 pm

Probabely the best post ever written on this message board,and well worth the read. A true and honest post.

Mon May 16, 2011 7:26 pm

Eddie May wrote:" Why we are not selling out "

I think that there is an overriding sense of disappointment and a lack of confidence in the City faithful.
We have had years of peaks and troughs, mostly troughs but something seems to have happened of late....the die-hard, never say never City fans have started asking questions of the side, and the manager, that are not being answered.
Ive seen some shite City sides play with heart, and a not so incredible City side beat Leeds when they were top of the shop. What ive expected, without fail, is that the team i support gives everything they have, for us, the fans, and the club.

We now have DJ who makes so many "im off outta here" noises and Bothroyd who clearly thinks he is too good despite his season as a whole being evidence that he is not.

We had players on the piss when they should have been in bed, and loan players after match practice or a last payday - who will never feel the need to sweat blood for Cardiff City (Bellamy excluded).

The message from the messageboards is always "dont criticise, get behind the lads" and thats fair enough but when does it end? When are we allowed to start shouting the odds, asking relevent questions? We pay money we can ill-afford, and we are not given reasons for why things are so wrong - lets be honest, all is not right and it seems to pervade everything.

Yes the rest of football can say "but youre in the playoffs, be happy" but we all know that we are damn lucky we got this far, and have seen precious little sign that the team can put 90 minutes together.

We are disappointed, we are on the outside looking into a club we love but dont feel a part of.

Dave Jones makes big noises about how much he respects the fans then contradicts himself by using silly excuses, and not giving us the truth when things go wrong.

We have players who think they are better than they are and the club seems to have become too big for its boots.

Season ticket holders have to pay EXTRA for a game that clearly forms a crucial part of the season they paid to support - its wrong and immoral.

There is a lot wrong with this club, and all the wet afternoons in Carlisle, Rochdale, Colchester and so forth do not resonate with either the players or the manager.

We have had a long hard journey but they havent, they dont feel the pain.

Until we have a team that stands up and sweats blood and tears for the cause, perhaps the disillusionment or sense of doom is justified.

DJ couldnt have looked more depressed when he told us all to be happy..........if the manager cannot appear confident, then what chance have we.

We are loyal fanatics but i sense that many, deep down, can see nothing but pain tomorrow night. If they choose not to go after supporting the club through thick and thin, then dont have a go, ask why instead.

Im going, but with a sick feeling in my stomach already.

This side is capable of smashing Reading, but capability and probability are two different things...

prove me wrong DJ et al.....go on, i dare you!

They can hardly be caled 'City faithful' then, can they??

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 16, 2011 7:41 pm

:ayatollah:

Mon May 16, 2011 9:21 pm

Spot on chief :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 16, 2011 9:24 pm

Eddie May wrote:" Why we are not selling out "

I think that there is an overriding sense of disappointment and a lack of confidence in the City faithful.
We have had years of peaks and troughs, mostly troughs but something seems to have happened of late....the die-hard, never say never City fans have started asking questions of the side, and the manager, that are not being answered.
Ive seen some shite City sides play with heart, and a not so incredible City side beat Leeds when they were top of the shop. What ive expected, without fail, is that the team i support gives everything they have, for us, the fans, and the club.

We now have DJ who makes so many "im off outta here" noises and Bothroyd who clearly thinks he is too good despite his season as a whole being evidence that he is not.

We had players on the piss when they should have been in bed, and loan players after match practice or a last payday - who will never feel the need to sweat blood for Cardiff City (Bellamy excluded).

The message from the messageboards is always "dont criticise, get behind the lads" and thats fair enough but when does it end? When are we allowed to start shouting the odds, asking relevent questions? We pay money we can ill-afford, and we are not given reasons for why things are so wrong - lets be honest, all is not right and it seems to pervade everything.

Yes the rest of football can say "but youre in the playoffs, be happy" but we all know that we are damn lucky we got this far, and have seen precious little sign that the team can put 90 minutes together.

Dave Jones makes big noises about how much he respects the fans then contradicts himself by using silly excuses, and not giving us the truth when things go wrong.

We have players who think they are better than they are and the club seems to have become too big for its boots.

Season ticket holders have to pay EXTRA for a game that clearly forms a crucial part of the season they paid to support - its wrong and immoral.

There is a lot wrong with this club, and all the wet afternoons in Carlisle, Rochdale, Colchester and so forth do not resonate with either the players or the manager.

We have had a long hard journey but they havent, they dont feel the pain.

Until we have a team that stands up and sweats blood and tears for the cause, perhaps the disillusionment or sense of doom is justified.

DJ couldnt have looked more depressed when he told us all to be happy..........if the manager cannot appear confident, then what chance have we.

We are loyal fanatics but i sense that many, deep down, can see nothing but pain tomorrow night. If they choose not to go after supporting the club through thick and thin, then dont have a go, ask why instead.

Im going, but with a sick feeling in my stomach already.

This side is capable of smashing Reading, but capability and probability are two different things...

prove me wrong DJ et al.....go on, i dare you!

That is one spot on post!

Mon May 16, 2011 9:51 pm

people are pissed off , with off the field antics, ive given my money to the city , now im given it to my family holiday, :ayatollah:

Mon May 16, 2011 9:55 pm

Well said Eddie knocked the nail bang on the head, for me the Boro game with the manner of defeat and then drinkgate has disillusioned most of us fans and that one game has done a lot of damage. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 16, 2011 10:28 pm

Many fans ive spoken to are dissapointed about not going up automatic. They feel the players do'nt want it enough, therefor they ca'nt be bothered with the playoffs.

Mon May 16, 2011 11:08 pm

Eddie,

Well done, the finest post I have ever seen on here.

I don't think the club, DJ or the players realise the harm that the Boro game and Drinkgate has done.

They have two games to try and put things right with the fans.

Will they? I am not sure that the desire is there.

Mon May 16, 2011 11:57 pm

Thats a great post mate..........exactly my feeling at the mo.........Oh for the likes of Stanty and Dwyer!!

Tue May 17, 2011 12:44 am

Great post Eddie

But it does need one last (or hopefully two :) )push from EVERYONE and if we fail then yes hopefully we can sort things out for next season in a positive manner

Come on you Bluebirds :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 17, 2011 6:37 am

What a post, the truth sometime hurts, and maybe a copy of this should be put up in the dressing room to show the players the hurt that has been caused :ayatollah:

Tue May 17, 2011 6:43 am

Eddie you don't work for Carlsberg do you!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 17, 2011 6:45 am

Cant believe its the morning of the biggest match in CCFC's current history and only 2 sections of the CCS home area are sold out !

Tue May 17, 2011 7:41 am

Well eddie...that's the best post I've ever read on yuh! I totally agree with everything u said mate

Tue May 17, 2011 7:55 am

The best post ever on this site. A question though Eddie? who are you? because this is not how you normally write in your threads :lol:

Tue May 17, 2011 8:00 am

TOP POST MATE. WHEN THE DIEHARDS START DOUBTING THEN YOU KNOW WE HAVE BIG PROBLEMS :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 17, 2011 8:17 am

Absolutely cracking post Eddie......

That hs summed up what I have been feeling recently, although ever the optimist (and will defends players and managers alike) I feel this next game could be the turning point for me - i hope i am wrong!! :ayatollah:

Tue May 17, 2011 8:23 am

:ayatollah: I like it when I can totally agree with posts on a forum! Breath of fresh air!! well said!