Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Tomorrow Support and attendance update NOT Good

Mon May 16, 2011 12:29 pm

Just went down the club to purchase 7 additional tickets for some friends I convinced it would be better to watch the game live in the stadium than on the TV. I was quite shocked at the amount of tickets sold so far for tomorrows game, expecting to have a battle to get some of them sat together as the game was surly close to selling out I was stunned to find I could pick whatever area of the ground I wanted to purchase tickets in, and they could sit together. It is nowhere near a sellout at the moment the attendance is 21,500 including 2000 from Reading, I know probably everyone on this board has a ticket for tomorrow but if you know of any fans that are wavering try and convince them to come our support is vital we need the atmosphere.

I thought we would have sold this game out but we will be lucky to get to 23,000 from here which is a major surprise, and disappointment. There still appears to be a lot of apathy amongst some supporters we need to do our bit as well and not leave it just to the players, our support can make all the difference remember Leicester last season, Cmon lets get behind them we are in a great position and lets make home advantage count.

Re: Tomorrow Support and attendance update

Mon May 16, 2011 12:31 pm

i bought a ticket online and most of the stands has "limited availability", sad really. Oh well , ill be there!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 16, 2011 12:31 pm

Im guessing a lot of ST holders arnt coming coz the seating plan last week showed a lot of red but today all the red is now amber again , Friday's deadline come and gone and maybe ppl are anticipating Wembley and saving their money ?

Mon May 16, 2011 12:33 pm

If anybody can get me back into Aberdeen for 0458 on Wednesday morning, I'll come down!!!

Mon May 16, 2011 12:34 pm

thats a hell of a shock to be honest! .... i think the middlesborough game must have left a bad taste in the mouth of a lot of supporters and if we are honest we were poor against burnley and reading too! ... id still have put money on it being a sell out! :shock:

Mon May 16, 2011 12:43 pm

AHERNE wrote:thats a hell of a shock to be honest! .... i think the middlesborough game must have left a bad taste in the mouth of a lot of supporters and if we are honest we were poor against burnley and reading too! ... id still have put money on it being a sell out! :shock:

Yeah, and if we win - it'll be the same folk who moan about not getting tickets for Wembley. I'd kill for the chance to be there tomorrow night yet people have it on their doorsteps and will shun it.

Mon May 16, 2011 12:43 pm

im ill and im still gonna go :D

Mon May 16, 2011 12:57 pm

I think some supporters are totally fed up with the "nearly men"

I'll be there as leader of the
South west Terror squad

known by all feared by know one !
or something like that! :ayatollah:

Mon May 16, 2011 1:51 pm

IMO the club have missed a trick here!

As from Friday 5pm they could of said if you buy a ticket this guarantees you a wembley ticket if we get there!!

Then again they prob didn't expect such a poor show!

:ayatollah:

Mon May 16, 2011 1:51 pm

Canton stand baz wrote:IMO the club have missed a trick here!

As from Friday 5pm they could of said if you buy a ticket this guarantees you a wembley ticket if we get there!!

Then again they prob didn't expect such a poor show!

:ayatollah:

garunteed a ticket for wembley? :o :ayatollah:

Re: Tomorrow Support and attendance update NOT Good

Mon May 16, 2011 2:10 pm

I was down there Friday buying my season ticket seats, but guy next to me couldn't get 4 tickets together anywhere in stadium. I guess as mentioned above a load of season ticket holders have not bought their seats.

Mon May 16, 2011 2:14 pm

Vince, I think its DISGRACEFUL THAT WE CANT SELL OUT :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

f*cking GLORY HUNTERS :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Mon May 16, 2011 2:15 pm

I can't belive it what is going on, i bet if we happen to get to the final they will all want their tickets it :o :o :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 16, 2011 2:20 pm

i cant believe it either, does anyone know season ticket holders that are not going, you could ask them why

Mon May 16, 2011 2:23 pm

people taking there GCSE's and A level's may account for people who were normally go not buying tickets

Mon May 16, 2011 2:24 pm

rorkes drift wrote:i cant believe it either, does anyone know season ticket holders that are not going, you could ask them why

I am a season ticket holder and i am not going :cry: Just had an Op so unable to attend i am gutted but there is my excuse

And We laugh at THE JACKS SUPPORT :evil: :evil: :evil:

matthewpope534 wrote:people taking there GCSE's and A level's may account for people who were normally go not buying tickets

i agree with you. there will be alot of students/pupil who will miss out due to important exams. exams are more important than football :ayatollah:

Mon May 16, 2011 2:25 pm

Forever Blue wrote:And We laugh at THE JACKS SUPPORT :evil: :evil: :evil:

still bigger attendance than what they get :D :ayatollah:

Mon May 16, 2011 2:45 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
matthewpope534 wrote:people taking there GCSE's and A level's may account for people who were normally go not buying tickets

i agree with you. there will be alot of students/pupil who will miss out due to important exams. exams are more important than football :ayatollah:

yes but how did we sell out last season, it was the same time of the yr :o :o

Mon May 16, 2011 2:49 pm

yeah i'm pretty sure it's going to be funny when we have just over 21k and the jacks have near enough 20,000.
big difference :roll:
i'm confident sales will go up by today and tomorrow but seems like there are a lot of doubters.

Mon May 16, 2011 2:50 pm

asjaber wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

There wasn't so much negativity about this time last year as there is this year (especially since the Boro game)

Mon May 16, 2011 2:53 pm

asjaber wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

yea well you smell so i win :D :ayatollah:

Mon May 16, 2011 2:54 pm

i agree with you. there will be alot of students/pupil who will miss out due to important exams. exams are more important than football :ayatollah:[/quote]
yes but how did we sell out last season, it was the same time of the yr :o :o[/quote]
There wasn't so much negativity about this time last year as there is this year (especially since the Boro game)[/quote]

I agree, DJ and THE CLUB SHOULD HAVE PUBLICLY ASKED OUR FANS TO RALLY AROUND and SAY WE NEED YOU etc.

Mon May 16, 2011 2:59 pm

the club should be up for this as much as the fans, just seems like there is no hype about tomorrows game and that no one can be assed for tuesday. dissapointing.
sorry to sound so negative.

Mon May 16, 2011 3:01 pm

asjaber wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

exams are about a month earlier than usual because of the lateness of Easter I think.
Usual on the website they have an update and more info than what they have done.

Mon May 16, 2011 3:09 pm

I got an exam and im still f*cking going, its only R.E ffs

Mon May 16, 2011 3:10 pm

BCMBLUEBIRD wrote:I got an exam and im still f*cking going, its only R.E ffs

fair nough, R.E is a waste oftime. I'd take a half day :ayatollah:

Mon May 16, 2011 3:14 pm

im shocked at this, i went down the ticket office last thursday to get my bro a ticket for tmoro as hes away in uni, and was told there was only linited seating available in the corners of canton stand (the usual areas) and as i say that was last thursday. :(

Mon May 16, 2011 3:15 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Vince, I think its DISGRACEFUL THAT WE CANT SELL OUT :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

f*cking GLORY HUNTERS :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Be interesting to see how many spaces there will be in the family enclosure - where people bought £50 season tickets for their kids who aren't really interested