Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" It's The Fat One Tucker "

Sat May 14, 2011 7:38 am

According to Dave Jones in his post match interview last night gone are the People In This Part Of The World jibe last night names were named - It's The Fat One Tucker he is the one who is after getting me the sack and it looks like he won't give up until he succeeds.

DJ was at his miserable best last night but this was said with a bit of passion and for me it's been a long time coming but lets hope DJ continues to vent his anger with this guy (but not at this moment), imo you can add Mark Bloom to the list, but DJ can fill his boots with the tossers after these playoff games.

Tucker, Bloom and Abbandanato will not be the people deciding whats happens at the club and really how many of the fans either listen or believe the drivel they come out with, Terry Phillips is the only one of that crew who can claim any level of journalistic integrity but right now we need to leave them them all lurking in the shadows, we know they are there and we know what motivates the lot of them but we need to ignore them.

Just some advice for DJ though yes Tucker is fat but he also needs a shave, a haircut and a good bath. If anyone knows where he could get some personal grooming tips perhaps they could send him a email.

F**k them all Dave we are now in the middle of something that is more important than any of them, because this is our year this is the year our dreams are going to become reality fill your boots with the tossers on May 30th. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: It's The Fat One Tucker

Sat May 14, 2011 7:51 am

Yes he DJ said last month while he was playing golf with a friend of mine that 2 Reporters from the Welsh media had hounded him for the last 2 years and he had had enough. I believe DJ brought it on to himself, just glad he never blamed me :lol:

DJ Should put ALL THIS ASIDE, RISE ABOVE IT and TAKE US FINALLY UP :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat May 14, 2011 7:56 am

Forever Blue wrote:Yes he DJ said last month while he was playing golf with a friend of mine that 2 Reporters from the Welsh media had hounded him for the last 2 years and he had had enough. I believe DJ brought it on to himself, just glad he never blamed me :lol:

DJ Should put ALL THIS ASIDE, RISE ABOVE IT and TAKE US FINALLY UP :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Absolutely Annis now is not the time :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " It's The Fat One Tucker "

Sat May 14, 2011 8:14 am

ELY BOY wrote:Annis mate I pray for the day that you and Dave sit down and have a beer discussing tactics for the upcoming Man Utd game :ayatollah:

:lol:

Simon I like it, Do mIracles happen ? :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat May 14, 2011 8:17 am

LMFAO.

So all the problems the team has had with regard to formations, tactics, substitutions, routinely bottling it are all solely down to two local media people.

Dave Jones proving totally that, yet again, he's a miserable c**t unable to accept any f*cking criticism.

I don't know, maybe as a paid employee of the club Jones should, I don't know, focus on the important matters at hand like getting us into the playoff final and then into the Prem? Nah, take an opportunity to settle scores against journos who quite frankly may be shit but aren't the arselickers Dj would like them to be.

Sat May 14, 2011 8:32 am

nerd wrote:LMFAO.

So all the problems the team has had with regard to formations, tactics, substitutions, routinely bottling it are all solely down to two local media people.

Dave Jones proving totally that, yet again, he's a miserable c**t unable to accept any f*cking criticism.

I don't know, maybe as a paid employee of the club Jones should, I don't know, focus on the important matters at hand like getting us into the playoff final and then into the Prem? Nah, take an opportunity to settle scores against journos who quite frankly may be shit but aren't the arselickers Dj would like them to be.

EDIT: And it's somewhat hypocritical of Jones to call anyone else fat...

Sat May 14, 2011 8:34 am

Forever Blue wrote:Yes he DJ said last month while he was playing golf with a friend of mine that 2 Reporters from the Welsh media had hounded him for the last 2 years and he had had enough. I believe DJ brought it on to himself, just glad he never blamed me :lol:

I find it all very embarrassing! DJ has a persecution complex! He has made a lot of mistakes and the media have merely reported it, they've also given him plenty if praise when it is due! They are journalists, not cheerleaders and every journalist in the world would also report if things were not well! Again I dont see other managers constantly scrapping with the media! I just feel DJ isn't cut out for the modern world of Internet and media , he should stop picking fights and concentrate on the job at hand! If he had done what he was supposed to this season no one would have anything negative to say, he can redeem himself with a play off win over the jacks! If he does that it will be a huge two fingers up to everyone and he will be a legend! Answer your critics on the pitch Dave !

Sat May 14, 2011 8:41 am

In my opinion we really shouldn't be taking what's written about City by the Western Mail, Echo and Wales on Sunday seriously.
Because of their relationship with the Club, and DJ in particularly, their articles have little substance or are based on second-hand information.
Unfortunately where most regional press are supportive of their local teams, these three papers quite clearly have a hidden agenda.

Jimbo27 wrote:Again I dont see other managers constantly scrapping with the media!

And how do you know they don't? I have no idea what the relationship is between any other club's manager and their local press is like. I agree that Jones could be more media friendly and savvy, but this is a bit of a sweeping statement. I also agree that some of our journos do seem to have the knives out for him, which is surprising given the job he's done here overall

Jimbo27 wrote:

I find it all very embarrassing! DJ has a persecution complex! He has made a lot of mistakes and the media have merely reported it, they've also given him plenty if praise when it is due! They are journalists, not cheerleaders and every journalist in the world would also report if things were not well! Again I dont see other managers constantly scrapping with the media! I just feel DJ isn't cut out for the modern world of Internet and media , he should stop picking fights and concentrate on the job at hand! If he had done what he was supposed to this season no one would have anything negative to say, he can redeem himself with a play off win over the jacks! If he does that it will be a huge two fingers up to everyone and he will be a legend! Answer your critics on the pitch Dave !

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat May 14, 2011 8:50 am

Llan Blue wrote:In my opinion we really shouldn't be taking what's written about City by the Western Mail, Echo and Wales on Sunday seriously.
Because of their relationship with the Club, and DJ in particularly, their articles have little substance or are based on second-hand information.
Unfortunately where most regional press are supportive of their local teams, these three papers quite clearly have a hidden agenda.

If the agenda was hidden, you'd not be able to see it, eh?

Press should never be as you seem to intimate cheerleaders, only publishing the positives... good reporting covers both sides of the coin.

You can argue about the quality of the journos, sure, but if Tucker et al were fellating Jones in their articles, you can bet Jones wouldn't be complaining about "biased coverage".

Sat May 14, 2011 8:50 am

Nottage Blue wrote:
Jimbo27 wrote:Again I dont see other managers constantly scrapping with the media!

And how do you know they don't? I have no idea what the relationship is between any other club's manager and their local press is like. I agree that Jones could be more media friendly and savvy, but this is a bit of a sweeping statement. I also agree that some of our journos do seem to have the knives out for him, which is surprising given the job he's done here overall

Can you name other managers who going into media interviews and blast journalists?

Sat May 14, 2011 8:59 am

nerd wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:

Can you name other managers who going into media interviews and blast journalists?

Sir Alex Ferguson he has a couple of local hacks who are banned from any of his interviews :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat May 14, 2011 9:00 am

nerd wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:

I can't, but how many manager's press conferences with their local rags do you see? All we usually see are the exchanges with the national media. I've never seen, for example, Nigel Pearson and his relationship with the Hull media, have you?

Sat May 14, 2011 9:01 am

castleblue wrote:Sir Alex Ferguson he has a couple of local hacks who are banned from any of his interviews :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fair enough :D

Sat May 14, 2011 9:18 am

You ask where Steve Tucker could get, a good wash ,or shave and to sort out himself ,Im sorry to say ,YOU CANT POLISH A TURD !

Sat May 14, 2011 9:24 am

welshcitydragon wrote:You ask where Steve Tucker could get, a good wash ,or shave and to sort out himself ,Im sorry to say ,YOU CANT POLISH A TURD !

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat May 14, 2011 10:37 am

castleblue wrote:Sir Alex Ferguson he has a couple of local hacks who are banned from any of his interviews :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

So basically one other then. And that one example has been widely criticised for his attitude towards the media... and indeed routinely faces FA charges. Other than the fact he's a highly successful manager, little difference to Jones then...

Sat May 14, 2011 11:15 am

nerd wrote:

So basically one other then. And that one example has been widely criticised for his attitude towards the media... and indeed routinely faces FA charges. Other than the fact he's a highly successful manager, little difference to Jones then...

Your right Sir Alex can get away with most things because of what he has achieved but his fued started because A journo wrote an article saying Sir Alex was going to retire at the end of the season. It has got so bad with him now that his PL & CL interviews are mainly TV companies where there is a contractual requirement to hold the interview.

I don't like Tucker I think he has one HUGE ego and little to back it up with but for DJ to come out so strongly against him halfway through a playoff semi final beggars belief.

As I said get through the playoffs get the club promoted then fill your boots now is just not the time. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat May 14, 2011 11:30 am

castleblue wrote:Your right Sir Alex can get away with most things because of what he has achieved but his fued started because A journo wrote an article saying Sir Alex was going to retire at the end of the season. It has got so bad with him now that his PL & CL interviews are mainly TV companies where there is a contractual requirement to hold the interview.

There were heavy rumours in numerous publications Fergie was going to retire. Indeed, in 2009, Fergie in a Guardian interview was asked if he'd retire soon - his answer being "about 1-2 years would be the timeframe". The fact he's backtracked on that afterwards is irrelevant...

I was thinking more of Fergie's ongoing row with the BBC. Which had zero to do with retirement and more the exposure of his son Jason's dealings as an agent.

I don't like Tucker I think he has one HUGE ego and little to back it up with but for DJ to come out so strongly against him halfway through a playoff semi final beggars belief.

Most people have an ego. Jones himself clearly has an ego. The irony being both he and Tucker have done nothing to justify the size of their egos. Jones' outburst come out as pathetic, childish and totally unprofessional. Granted he was asked about criticism - all he had to do was say something like "Well, criticism is part of the game. Everybody has their opinion and is entitled to that. I've just got to get on with the job and hand, focus on the second leg at CCS...". but no - never miss an opportunity to try to point score.

Instead Jones views any perceived slight, any perceived dig as a masterplan by the media to dammit, get him, fired. Although, of course, he can't explain precisely why the local media would have initially wanted him fired. That would mean he'd have to introspectively acknowledge his paranoia and delusional behaviour.
As I said get through the playoffs get the club promoted then fill your boots now is just not the time. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote]

Sat May 14, 2011 11:38 am

Read in the Sun yesterday Jones drove himself home from Burnley hoping not to bump into City fans. Then he was filling up with petrol and a Coach pulled in full of City fans and his thought was "Here we go more abuse" That just sums the guy up.
Had it been our Coach half of them would be trying to suck his cock whilst the other half would be trying to rip it off :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat May 14, 2011 11:50 am

Nuclearblue wrote:Read in the Sun yesterday Jones drove himself home from Burnley hoping not to bump into City fans. Then he was filling up with petrol and a Coach pulled in full of City fans and his thought was "Here we go more abuse" That just sums the guy up.
Had it been our Coach half of them would be trying to suck his cock whilst the other half would be trying to rip it off :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I think thats one of the points Nerd is making he does seem to suffer with a persecution complex, which given the horrible things he has had to face is understandable, however he needs to deal with the fact that he is the typical marmite sort of person you either love him or loathe him.

In his report on last nights game Tucker describes the team as "Trudging" off at halftime I may be alone in thinking this but that one word sort of sums up Tucker, Reading are the 3rd highest scorers in the Championship and we had just snuffed out their attacking force in their own back yard. I don't think you do that by Trudging or moving labouriously.

Given the choice between DJ & Tucker then I would go with DJ everytime miserable sod that he is I just hope that in future he stops talking about People In This Part Of The World and just goes straight to Tucker.

At least that would be entertaining :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat May 14, 2011 11:53 am

Well, if criticism of Tucker is based on the word "trudged"... It may not have been the best word to have used, but reflects the reality somewhat - we were basically hanging on a hell of a lot towards the end of the first half. I can't recall our players skipping along merrily, thinking "boy, we've done an excellent defensive job here" - some heads were down.

Sat May 14, 2011 11:58 am

nerd wrote:Well, if criticism of Tucker is based on the word "trudged"... It may not have been the best word to have used, but reflects the reality somewhat - we were basically hanging on a hell of a lot towards the end of the first half. I can't recall our players skipping along merrily, thinking "boy, we've done an excellent defensive job here" - some heads were down.

OK I give up we were watching different games as I never saw a single Cardiff player with his head down so if you did fair enough. The word Trudged was used only as an example of the motivation behind Tucker we didn't blow them away so it was a bad performance, looks like you agree which is fine thats your opinion.

But thats life on a messageboard its about opinions :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat May 14, 2011 12:41 pm

Why don't Dai Young at the Blues get the same stick from the Eggo and get silly questions asked of him, he must be the most ever underachiever in sport in this part of the world, is it because they are scared of him? :D :D :D :D :D

Sat May 14, 2011 1:23 pm

nerd wrote:LMFAO.

When did anyone ever say that? :?

Sat May 14, 2011 2:17 pm

castleblue wrote:
nerd wrote:Well, if criticism of Tucker is based on the word "trudged"... It may not have been the best word to have used, but reflects the reality somewhat - we were basically hanging on a hell of a lot towards the end of the first half. I can't recall our players skipping along merrily, thinking "boy, we've done an excellent defensive job here" - some heads were down.

OK I give up we were watching different games as I never saw a single Cardiff player with his head down so if you did fair enough. The word Trudged was used only as an example of the motivation behind Tucker we didn't blow them away so it was a bad performance, looks like you agree which is fine thats your opinion.

But thats life on a messageboard its about opinions :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Well, saw a couple walking off. As I said, it probably wasn't the right choice of words by Tucker; reading his piece, he was referring to half time - where we were definitely hanging on at that point, so his view in that instance would be fair comment.

Opinions are like arseholes - everyone has one, some smell more than others :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat May 14, 2011 2:18 pm

jammsy 1927 wrote:Why don't Dai Young at the Blues get the same stick from the Eggo and get silly questions asked of him, he must be the most ever underachiever in sport in this part of the world, is it because they are scared of him? :D :D :D :D :D

Dai Young has had some stick to be fair. Not an amazing deal, sure. I'd say it's mostly because journos know the full state of finances with the Blues, hence cut some slack.

Sat May 14, 2011 3:08 pm

nerd wrote:
jammsy 1927 wrote:Why don't Dai Young at the Blues get the same stick from the Eggo and get silly questions asked of him, he must be the most ever underachiever in sport in this part of the world, is it because they are scared of him? :D :D :D :D :D

Dai Young has had some stick to be fair. Not an amazing deal, sure. I'd say it's mostly because journos know the full state of finances with the Blues, hence cut some slack.

If its about finances then you would have thought Jones would get cut some slack.

Most of his time here we've been on the brink of administration. :lol:

Brought in something like £35m of players and bought maybe £8m worth (most of that on 1 player chopra).

Tucker is a clown, but Jones would be better off ignoring him.

Sat May 14, 2011 3:12 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
nerd wrote:

If its about finances then you would have thought Jones would get cut some slack.

Most of his time here we've been on the brink of administration. :lol:

Brought in something like £35m of players and bought maybe £8m worth (most of that on 1 player chopra).

Tucker is a clown, but Jones would be better off ignoring him.

And spent massively on wages, exceeding income.