Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

brendon rodgers..............

Thu May 12, 2011 6:52 pm

fair play he's not afraid to make changes, dobbie off & monk on obviously going defensive now they are down to 10 men!! fair play to the guy!!

Re: brendon rodgers..............

Thu May 12, 2011 7:01 pm

f**k Him & The Jacks

Thu May 12, 2011 7:02 pm

go over to planet swans.

Brendan is a ferret and all the players are rats.

Thu May 12, 2011 7:03 pm

brewer918 wrote:fair play he's not afraid to make changes, dobbie off & monk on obviously going defensive now they are down to 10 men!! fair play to the guy!!

Well he's not gonna play with three defenders is he so that was his only option.....

Thu May 12, 2011 7:26 pm

Xcasual wrote:i love brendon & The Jacks

:shock:

Thu May 12, 2011 7:36 pm

I think the Swans are doing great 10 down and still going at Forest and getting the better of the game

Thu May 12, 2011 7:39 pm

jamesbarnett91 wrote:go over to planet swans.

come on mate as much as it greaves me to say it brendon rogers is a good manager, wouldnt even think they are down to 10 men!! i hope to god forest get a few goals second half!!

Thu May 12, 2011 7:41 pm

brewer918 wrote:

come on mate as much as it greaves me to say it brendon rogers is a good manager, wouldnt even think they are down to 10 men!! i hop eto god forest get a few goals second half!!

Rodgers a good manager?

Didn't Reading fire him?

Rodgers inherited a style of play, inherited a squad of players. What else has he done? Brought in Borini from Chelsea, a former club? Sinclair, again from Chelsea?

Thu May 12, 2011 7:47 pm

nerd wrote:
brewer918 wrote:

come on mate as much as it greaves me to say it brendon rogers is a good manager, wouldnt even think they are down to 10 men!! i hop eto god forest get a few goals second half!!

Rodgers a good manager?

Didn't Reading fire him?

Rodgers inherited a style of play, inherited a squad of players. What else has he done? Brought in Borini from Chelsea, a former club? Sinclair, again from Chelsea?

Granted he didn't do well at Reading but he did a great job at Watford when he managed them. He might have inherited a team but he has taken then to the play off's and finished third in the league, better than Manuel or Sousa could manage.

Thu May 12, 2011 8:10 pm

brewer918 wrote:fair play he's not afraid to make changes, dobbie off & monk on obviously going defensive now they are down to 10 men!! fair play to the guy!!

He has a massive head. His son, capped at underage level for Ireland, has an even bigger head. I mean physically.

His time at Watford left a sout taste and he was a disaster as boss at Reading (came to prominence for his work with Reading's academy which brought him to the attention of Chelsea0. His has a lot to prove in my opinion.

Thu May 12, 2011 8:56 pm

nerd wrote:
brewer918 wrote:

Rodgers a good manager?

Didn't Reading fire him?

Got to say you look a bit daft saying he isn't a good manager. His recruits and wage bill are a fraction of ours and you have to say they have the edge on us, which must be down to him. How do you think out teams mindset would have faired ten men away for whole game at forest - he has them right up for it?

Thu May 12, 2011 9:22 pm

The bitterness on this thread is mindblowing :lol: :lol: :lol:

Did anyone see his interview he gave to Sky after the match? The passion he had and has for our club is what you'd want in your manager.The guy is top drawer.

Thu May 12, 2011 9:23 pm

blackswan wrote:The bitterness on this thread is mindblowing :lol: :lol: :lol:

Did anyone see his interview he gave to Sky after the match? The passion he had and has for our club is what you'd want in your manager.The guy is top drawer.

did you actually read the topic ????????????? most of us praised him on here!!
Last edited by brewer918 on Thu May 12, 2011 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu May 12, 2011 9:24 pm

Did you fly back from Nottingham?

Thu May 12, 2011 9:26 pm

shadwellblue wrote:Got to say you look a bit daft saying he isn't a good manager. His recruits and wage bill are a fraction of ours and you have to say they have the edge on us, which must be down to him. How do you think out teams mindset would have faired ten men away for whole game at forest - he has them right up for it?

Rodgers inherited a damn good squad, with a good style of play. Changes he's had to make have been pretty minor. He's hardly had to completely revamp the squad, has he?

The rest of your points are all kinda irrelevant. Given I don't rate Jones...

I will answer your last point tho. Swansea's style passing, movement are top notch. That style can "cope" with losing a man better than other styles.

Thu May 12, 2011 9:27 pm

brewer918 wrote:

did you actually read the topic ????????????? most of us praised him on here!!

Yeah,from start to finish and it's full of bitterness towards Brendan and obviously SCFC.

Thu May 12, 2011 9:28 pm

nerd wrote:
shadwellblue wrote:Got to say you look a bit daft saying he isn't a good manager. His recruits and wage bill are a fraction of ours and you have to say they have the edge on us, which must be down to him. How do you think out teams mindset would have faired ten men away for whole game at forest - he has them right up for it?

Rodgers inherited a damn good squad, with a good style of play. Changes he's had to make have been pretty minor. He's hardly had to completely revamp the squad, has he?

The rest of your points are all kinda irrelevant. Given I don't rate Jones...

I will answer your last point tho. Swansea's style passing, movement are top notch. That style can "cope" with losing a man better than other styles.

Rodgers said after the match that 'nothing changed' when Taylor went off.

Thu May 12, 2011 9:29 pm

sorry mate there is about 4-5 posts supporting rodgers saying how good he is!! got your blinkers on i think!!

Thu May 12, 2011 9:33 pm

blackswan wrote:Rodgers said after the match that 'nothing changed' when Taylor went off.

Which was basically what I said; your style can support losing a player more than other styles.

Thu May 12, 2011 9:34 pm

brewer918 wrote:sorry mate there is about 4-5 posts supporting rodgers saying how good he is!! got your blinkers on i think!!

Wrong.

People are allowed and entitled to have differing opinions.

Thu May 12, 2011 9:38 pm

nerd wrote:
brewer918 wrote:sorry mate there is about 4-5 posts supporting rodgers saying how good he is!! got your blinkers on i think!!

Wrong.

thats what i'm saying there are about 10 posts on this topic, but 4-5 of them are for rodgers & positive & the rest against rogers, everyone entitled to their opinion!! :ayatollah:

Thu May 12, 2011 9:42 pm

brewer918 wrote:
nerd wrote:

Wrong.

thats what i'm saying there are about 10 posts on this topic, but 4-5 of them are for rodgers & positive & the rest against rogers, everyone entitled to their opinion!! :ayatollah:

Indeed, but having a differing opinion doesn't mean people have blinkers on.