Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Is Dave Jones' bodyguard...

Thu May 12, 2011 4:02 pm

...there to protect him from an attack by opposition fans like with Neil Lennon last night,

or there to protect him from attack by City fans? Or maybe both?

As I'm normally in the Canton Stand I've never noticed until the Burnley trip on the weekend when they walked out right in front of us, that Jones was accompanied by a rather burly bald headed bloke who I would assume is his minder.

When did this happen? I can't recall seeing any other manager with a minder but perhaps DJ thinks he needs one to protect him from "people in this part of the world".

Seiing what happened to Lennon yesterday it might not be such a bad idea, especially if we lose to Swansea at Wembley as no doubt one or two of our more idiotic supporters may fancy a pop.

Re: Is Dave Jones' bodyguard...

Thu May 12, 2011 4:18 pm

he's just said on ssn that he has got a minder and that he was verballey abused at burnley from a guy two yards away and when he had a go back the stewards told him 'it's only banter'

Thu May 12, 2011 4:22 pm

I saw that incident and wondered what it was all about.

Jones seemed to be having a right go at some of their supporters and they didn't like it!

Who says he never gets animated on the touchline?

Thu May 12, 2011 4:47 pm

davids wrote:I saw that incident and wondered what it was all about.

Jones seemed to be having a right go at some of their supporters and they didn't like it!

Who says he never gets animated on the touchline?

Pity he doesn't get animated with his players. Apart from Quinn who called him a name :lol: :lol:

Thu May 12, 2011 4:55 pm

DJ bodyguard is jona lomu look a like who used to work in sports cafe, wouldn't mess with him :lol: