Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

DJ GOING WILL BE A BAD THING

Thu May 12, 2011 9:13 am

I personally feel you all need to be carefull what you hope for...

Potentially, this club has the potential to go t*ts up next season unless the malaysians splash alot of cash to attract replacements for bothroyd/burke/matthews/oli/JLS/koumas.

At least with DJ he brings stability.

I just got a feeling when DJ goes after the play offs...we could all be wishing he was back next season...this is why we need to hope the malaysians are willing to splash cash with a good buisness plan and they bring in a solid, passionate manager.

for me, the best manager to bring in would be martin o neil...he has it all..passion and a fantastic footballing brain...but can we get such a high profile manager?

Re: DJ GOING WILL BE A BAD THING

Thu May 12, 2011 11:35 am

ccfcdor wrote:I personally feel you all need to be carefull what you hope for...

Potentially, this club has the potential to go t*ts up next season unless the malaysians splash alot of cash to attract replacements for bothroyd/burke/matthews/oli/JLS/koumas.

At least with DJ he brings stability.

I just got a feeling when DJ goes after the play offs...we could all be wishing he was back next season...this is why we need to hope the malaysians are willing to splash cash with a good buisness plan and they bring in a solid, passionate manager.

for me, the best manager to bring in would be martin o neil...he has it all..passion and a fantastic footballing brain...but can we get such a high profile manager?

I have heard he is Def going if we Go up or Don't go up. What ever happens we will need a virtually a NEW SQUAD OF PLAYERS, up to 10 are gone any way. What worries me is DJ Never built for the future.

Thu May 12, 2011 11:48 am

maybe a new manager will insist on a reserve team then the likes of Matthews can get regular games and push for 1st team starts and NOT stagnate and sign for Celtic for free :evil:

Thu May 12, 2011 12:31 pm

I don't think DJ departing will have any detrimental affect on the club at all.

Regarding signings, whether DJ is here or not, the Malaysians know that investment is needed and won't make the same mistake this year in terms of stumping up wages but not transfer fees. A manager change will only force the clubs hand to spend as they know that no big name manager will come into the club knowing he won't get the financial backing needed to get us promoted.

New signings coming in will only be enticed at the thought of being part of a new regime and losing DJ will hardly make our current players want to up and leave. He's the cause of departures in most cases not a cause for departures.

A change will bring an end to an era of paying players well over the odds, putting up with dire performances and only signing players with the following season in mind. We need youth, desire and players who have something to prove.

Thu May 12, 2011 12:38 pm

annis ,where do you think he,s going and if so do you think maybe he knows something about next season that either they dont want him or if he failed again they werent going to support him with money....i dont mind jones but i think if we fail we do need a new face....the one thing i like about him being here so ling is at least our club got stability with a manager which i think a club needs ...used to hate it when nearly ever 2 years we were getting rid of managers.

Thu May 12, 2011 1:20 pm

If we're in the Premiership, O'Neil may not be such an outrageous thought. If we don't go up, we can forget anyone of his calibre