Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Worst illness I have ever had!

Thu May 12, 2011 1:08 am

Just reluctantly had to pull out of the Reading trip. My 1 year old had this virus for 6 days, after 2 visits to the doctors, where they advised no over the counter or prescribed drugs, just lots o fluids to flush it out. Then my missus picked it up, she is on her fourth day, I picked it up on Tuesday, been in bed ever since except for walking the dog (which is an ordeal, like winter out there). Its terrible. Like flu meets gastroentiritus at its worst. Awful stomach pains and cold sweats, bad headaches, dehydration, fainting feelings and terrible repetitive dihorreah! Its just fluids and bed to recover, though have been taking ibuprofen. Cant believe my son went through this, he handled it better than I am!

Strangely my parents have it, yet they live in Ebbw Vale. So if this is going around, believe me you dont want it no matter how good your metabolism is (mine is, hardly ever get ill). WASH YOUR HANDS!!!!!!!!

To those going on the AAMB bus, gutted I cant be with you again, support the boys and make some noise! And do what you can to keep Federici out of our 6 yard box! Hoping I am better for Tuesday! :ayatollah:

Re: Worst illness I have ever had!

Thu May 12, 2011 2:00 am

After doing some research, its called Norovirus and lasts up to 7 days :shock: :o :( It is around and about, so WASH THOSE HANDS! :ayatollah:

Thu May 12, 2011 6:49 am

My mrs had Norovirus,she had it for 7 days, she thought she was dying, lost a stone in weight, worst illness she ever had. Sorry you cant make it Friday, see you at Wembley :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 12, 2011 6:59 am

Feel your pain mate! Had that a few years back and it was easily the worst I ever fault, you don't feel human! Strangely my parents have had a horrible virus the last 10 days but it's not norovirus, plenty of stuff going about!

Thu May 12, 2011 10:08 am

At times it Feels like the scene in 'Alien" when that creature bursts out of Ripleys stomach!

Thu May 12, 2011 10:13 am

f**k steve......you have only got a cold ;) get a whiskey in you!!
all jokes aside, i bet your gutted, hopefully your sorted by tuesday :ayatollah:

Thu May 12, 2011 11:21 am

I remember my first year in uni, and the novovirus was doing the rounds, I thankfully didn't catch it, but knew a few people that had, and they were real bad.

Hope you feel better soon mate! :ayatollah:

p.s it's your immune system that stops you getting ill, not your metabolism ;)

Thu May 12, 2011 7:24 pm

griffy wrote:I remember my first year in uni, and the novovirus was doing the rounds, I thankfully didn't catch it, but knew a few people that had, and they were real bad.

Hope you feel better soon mate! :ayatollah:

p.s it's your immune system that stops you getting ill, not your metabolism ;)

doh! :ayatollah:
My metabolism is working overtime! :D :oops: :ayatollah:

Thu May 12, 2011 7:25 pm

milly44 wrote:f**k steve......you have only got a cold ;) get a whiskey in you!!
all jokes aside, i bet your gutted, hopefully your sorted by tuesday :ayatollah:

Come on Nath, you know I never touch the stuff!!!! ;) :lol: :ayatollah: