Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Gerrard Voted Hull City Player of the Year (2010/11)

Tue May 10, 2011 7:39 am

http://www.hullcityafc.net/page/NewsDet ... 40,00.html

http://www.hull.vitalfootball.co.uk/art ... p?a=241376

Re: Gerrard Voted Hull City Player of the Year (2010/11)

Tue May 10, 2011 7:42 am

Well done Dave Jones.

*Applauds*

Tue May 10, 2011 7:49 am

SCFC10 wrote:Well done Dave Jones.

*Applauds*

another player who had the temerity to speak up to dave jones and got bombed out of the club.

Tue May 10, 2011 7:52 am

well lets just hope he gets season to prove he can be a city player! ... tbh i thought he showed great promise last year!

Tue May 10, 2011 8:22 am

Im glad he went out on loan, if you remember he was about 2 stone overweight on first day of season and having too much time on the pop, hopefully his head will be sorted and he can come back next year firing

Tue May 10, 2011 8:28 am

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:Im glad he went out on loan, if you remember he was about 2 stone overweight on first day of season and having too much time on the pop, hopefully his head will be sorted and he can come back next year firing

Absolutely, how can we criticise the current players for going out on the piss and then claim DJ was wrong for bombing out Gerrard for doing the same thing over a much longer period :shock:

It's great that Gerrard seems to have responded (the approach also seems to have worked with Blake to some extent) but that doesn't make the original decision wrong :ayatollah:

Tue May 10, 2011 9:45 am

i hope to see gerrard in a city shirt again. i hope he's going to turn out like quinn has...a player who was forced out of the team due to what ever reasons..but then given the chance to prove to DJ that they should start every game.

Tue May 10, 2011 9:56 am

I don't see why he needed to go Hull to sort himself out. Is it harder to lose weight in Cardiff? Something in the air?

Tue May 10, 2011 10:03 am

Uccello Azzurro wrote:I don't see why he needed to go Hull to sort himself out. Is it harder to lose weight in Cardiff? Something in the air?

I would have thought being sent to Hull is punishment enough for anyone :lol: :lol:

Tue May 10, 2011 10:05 am

also........

http://www.hull.vitalfootball.co.uk/art ... p?a=240160

Tue May 10, 2011 10:23 am

Now we have Keinan and Hudson I don't really mind Gerrard not being here. If we stay down I'd like to see him come back to get competition going amongst the centre backs. However, I do feel it was the right decision to send him out on loan because he was flagging.

However, I think what speaks volumes is that under Jones he was a lazy fat mess after the summer but under Pearson he's now player of the year material. I have no doubt after he was snubbed by Jones for the playoff final he just gave up caring and I'd be very surprised to see him play for us again.

Tue May 10, 2011 10:30 am

Zabier wrote:Now we have Keinan and Hudson I don't really mind Gerrard not being here. If we stay down I'd like to see him come back to get competition going amongst the centre backs. However, I do feel it was the right decision to send him out on loan because he was flagging.

However, I think what speaks volumes is that under Jones he was a lazy fat mess after the summer but under Pearson he's now player of the year material. I have no doubt after he was snubbed by Jones for the playoff final he just gave up caring and I'd be very surprised to see him play for us again.

As Gerrard appears to have turned himself around, I'd take him over Hudson any day!

Hudson doesn't appear to be in DJ's plans to start in the play off semis at least, as he subbed him on Saturday, when it appears that he wasn't injured! http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13340777.stm :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 10, 2011 10:33 am

Tactical decision because they realised he isn't match fit yet, which he isn't. I'd still prefer a fully fit Hudson to Gerrard... never thought I'd say that! :D

Tue May 10, 2011 10:43 am

Zabier wrote:Tactical decision because they realised he isn't match fit yet, which he isn't. I'd still prefer a fully fit Hudson to Gerrard... never thought I'd say that! :D

Tactical decision because he's too fecking slow! ;) :ayatollah: