Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

exeter city

Tue May 10, 2011 7:36 am

with all thats been going on lately with qpr i thought i would point out that exeter missed out on the league one play off positions by one point.
exeter got docked three points in february for a clerical error on the paperwork of a plyer they signed on the last day of the january window.
qpr got found guilty of using an unlicensed agent for which luton amongst other clubs got deducted 10 points yet get a fine instead.
poor old exeter without a pot to piss in have to take their punishment because they dont have the funds to fight a case against the fa.
a classic example of why football stinks

Re: exeter city

Tue May 10, 2011 7:39 am

Well said, perhaps the difference in financial backing was the difference maker? Not that I'm bitter toward QPR or anything as they deserve to get promoted, and wasn't their so called offence committed last season, so they "cheated" their way to 15th in the league?

But the double standards are wrong without a doubt.

Tue May 10, 2011 7:48 am

SCFC10 wrote:Well said, perhaps the difference in financial backing was the difference maker? Not that I'm bitter toward QPR or anything as they deserve to get promoted, and wasn't their so called offence committed last season, so they "cheated" their way to 15th in the league?

But the double standards are wrong without a doubt.

i also was making that point not because of any bitterness towards qpr but poor old exeter would have had two sky games and if lucky enough the money and spin offs from a wembly final plus promotion to the championship.
So by some accidental clerical error they have missed out on a cash windfall yet qpr who were guilty of a more serious offence land a 90 million bonanza.
like i said football stinks

Tue May 10, 2011 7:51 am

If the FA, or whoever was dealing with it, had sorted this out when it first came to light, perhaps QPR would have had their points deduction, to follow the other precedents. However, the longer it went on and the nearer to the end of the season it got to, there was, in my opinion, no way that they were going to get points deducted as it could have meant the play offs being affected and, possibly, not actually being sorted out til next season. Clubs promoted via the play offs have less time to sort out potential signings as it is, without that added disruption

Tue May 10, 2011 8:37 am

Same in League 2 Steve.

Hereford and Torquay were docked 3 points and 1 Point respectivly for the same things.

Luckily both teams still managed to finish pretty much where they wanted to with Torquay scraping the Play Offs on Goal Difference and Hereford staying up by a mere 3 points. If Gillingham had beaten or drawn with Chesterfield on the last day Torquay would have missed the Play Offs due to their point deduction.

Same with Hereford, if Lincoln hadnt totally folded through April and Barnet had got one more win Hereford could have seen that 3 point deduction relegate them.

:x