Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The Ninian Stand and its inhabitants.

Mon May 09, 2011 5:46 pm

Something happened at the Boro game which bemused me and wound me up at the same time.

After we went 3-0 down a bloke 4 or 5 rows in front stood up and shouted, 'Come on City, Fecking wake up'. Totally understandable and he wasnt alone as there were people like this all over the shop.

Two seconds later I could see the said fella in a conversation with 2 women and a bloke accross the ailse from him.

All I hered him say was, 'Iv been a supporter for 14 years, and 'Im sorry, but I am at a Football Match'. To be fair the bloke was just a normal bloke, annoyed at our inept start and shouted out.

From what I could see the bloke on the other side of the aisle was pointing at the Canton Stand in a sign of, 'Go over there if you want to shout, sing or swear' which I thought was proper cheeky, I was half tempted to go down and say to the fella, hang on a second, this is the Ninian Stand not the Family Stand, you go over there and point at the family stand.

I also witnessed a woman with a massive bag, go in and out of the middle of an aisle 5 times in the first half with a boy aged about 7. Whats all that about? My old man would have made me wait till half time or made sure I went before Kick Off. In and out, in and out ffs!

The Ninian Stand was meant to be the equivalent of the Bob Bank wasnt it. I dont know where some people think they are to be honest. Whether they are fans that decided to go into the Ninian who used to sit in the Grandstand at NP and think its some sort of 'plush' area :lol: or just new fans who dont understand Football and the passion that goes along with it.

Before I start to realy moan, I love the fact that we got massive crowds now as I was there when 6000 was a big crowd against Fulham in Division 3 (I know everyone says there were there, but its true, I was!). I know we need new fans to be a big club but its true what people say, its not the same anymore. The Football I know now is not the Football I used to love in the early 90's.

Finaly, Im a tidy bloke, respectable and hard working and taking everything into account treat others as I would like to be treated but this one realy was a piss take. At the Play Off Final last year as we were stood up clapping the players onto the field well before kick off and during the handshakes and all the palava, 2 blokes clearly on a day trip behind asked us to sit down :shock:

Re: The Ninian Stand and its inhabitants.

Mon May 09, 2011 5:52 pm

The Ninian Stand has some strange Inhabitants though mate :lol: :lol: :lol: ...(only kidding) :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 09, 2011 5:56 pm

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:Something happened at the Boro game which bemused me and wound me up at the same time.

After we went 3-0 down a bloke 4 or 5 rows in front stood up and shouted, 'Come on City, Fecking wake up'. Totally understandable and he wasnt alone as there were people like this all over the shop.

Two seconds later I could see the said fella in a conversation with 2 women and a bloke accross the ailse from him.

All I hered him say was, 'Iv been a supporter for 14 years, and 'Im sorry, but I am at a Football Match'. To be fair the bloke was just a normal bloke, annoyed at our inept start and shouted out.

From what I could see the bloke on the other side of the aisle was pointing at the Canton Stand in a sign of, 'Go over there if you want to shout, sing or swear' which I thought was proper cheeky, I was half tempted to go down and say to the fella, hang on a second, this is the Ninian Stand not the Family Stand, you go over there and point at the family stand.

I also witnessed a woman with a massive bag, go in and out of the middle of an aisle 5 times in the first half with a boy aged about 7. Whats all that about? My old man would have made me wait till half time or made sure I went before Kick Off. In and out, in and out ffs!

The Ninian Stand was meant to be the equivalent of the Bob Bank wasnt it. I dont know where some people think they are to be honest. Whether they are fans that decided to go into the Ninian who used to sit in the Grandstand at NP and think its some sort of 'plush' area :lol: or just new fans who dont understand Football and the passion that goes along with it.

Before I start to realy moan, I love the fact that we got massive crowds now as I was there when 6000 was a big crowd against Fulham in Division 3 (I know everyone says there were there, but its true, I was!). I know we need new fans to be a big club but its true what people say, its not the same anymore. The Football I know now is not the Football I used to love in the early 90's.

Finaly, Im a tidy bloke, respectable and hard working and taking everything into account treat others as I would like to be treated but this one realy was a piss take. At the Play Off Final last year as we were stood up clapping the players onto the field well before kick off and during the handshakes and all the palava, 2 blokes clearly on a day trip behind asked us to sit down :shock:

My 2 kids have season tickets in there.
I don't swear when they are there, but accept others will want to. Same with standing. If everyone is standing I lift them on to the seats.

I warn the kids that they will hear swearing and not to repeat it -and they tell me they hear it all in school anyway (they are 9 and 12), IMHO some people just want to show how much better they are (or think they are) by moaning about it.

If I don't want them to hear it then I can take them in the family stand .

Mon May 09, 2011 6:09 pm

quote]

My 2 kids have season tickets in there.
I don't swear when they are there, but accept others will want to. Same with standing. If everyone is standing I lift them on to the seats.

I warn the kids that they will hear swearing and not to repeat it -and they tell me they hear it all in school anyway (they are 9 and 12), IMHO some people just want to show how much better they are (or think they are) by moaning about it.

If I don't want them to hear it then I can take them in the family stand .[/quote]
..................................................................................................
..................................................................................................

Thats exactly how it was for me when I was a kid to mate, fair play to you.

If I was sat next to your boys I would watch my language 100% out of respect, but you kind of accept that every now and again they might here an outburst dont you, like you said, its a choice, if you want to you could go in the Family Stand.

What got me was I cant understand for one second how one Adult Cardiff Fan could have a go at another Adult Cardiff fan for shouting 'Cmon City, Fecking wake up' after we have gone 3-0 down after 22 minutes in a massive game in a normal stand not solely for Families. Bizzare.

I totaly understand they might not want to here such industrial language but in the same way I dont want to smell their half time Egg Sandwhiches, Flask of Coffee and have to get up for the old dear to go to the toilet 5 times in a game, its like they think their at the Cricket with a picnic some people!