Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ideas for a new flag??

Mon May 09, 2011 5:45 pm

want to get a new flag for the last remaining games and for next season. need ideas...
btw, i will take the "forum bums" idea into consideration :D :ayatollah:

Re: ideas for a new flag??

Mon May 09, 2011 5:46 pm

blue flag with yellow and white stripes 3/4 the way along
leaves plenty of space for writing etc :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 09, 2011 5:52 pm

the one in my display pik is one i had made...ccfc in the corners with "we hate jacks" on it...purely a banter flag, but fancy having something for all the away games i go to. not sure what to have printed on it. :ayatollah:

Mon May 09, 2011 6:10 pm

how about the area your from then bluebirds eg Canton Bluebirds
or ..... section eg Canton Section

just use your imagination mate :ayatollah:

Mon May 09, 2011 6:12 pm

i would have ccfc...forum bums...but only people from this message board would understand. yeah i was thinking that but you see a lot of them around. takes a while to think of the ideas. cheers :ayatollah: welcome to the forum btw :ayatollah:

Mon May 09, 2011 6:15 pm

lewis91 wrote:i would have ccfc...forum bums...but only people from this message board would understand. yeah i was thinking that but you see a lot of them around. takes a while to think of the ideas. cheers :ayatollah: welcome to the forum btw :ayatollah:

cheers bru, ive been reading it for over a year so dont feel new if you know what i mean
and i know what you mean there is a lot of them flags about
i understand your idea dw, it sounds cool :ayatollah:

Mon May 09, 2011 6:18 pm

i was the same, watched the forum for quite a while. you'll enjoy posting on here anyway. :ayatollah:

Mon May 09, 2011 6:23 pm

lewis91 wrote:i would have ccfc...forum bums...but only people from this message board would understand. yeah i was thinking that but you see a lot of them around. takes a while to think of the ideas. cheers :ayatollah: welcome to the forum btw :ayatollah:

Ha ha!! Your keeping the forum bums movement alive :lol:

Mon May 09, 2011 6:43 pm

OF COURSE BAZ, dont tell me you have given up on it already? it would be funny to have on a flag but not everyone would understand. any ideas? :ayatollah:

Mon May 09, 2011 9:35 pm

How about a cross of st david flag with AAMB in each corner and CARDIFF along the yellow line
or alternatively CCFC in each corner and 'forum bums' along the line ? :ayatollah:

Mon May 09, 2011 10:02 pm

lewis91 wrote:want to get a new flag for the last remaining games and for next season. need ideas...

blue and yellow flag with a big pint glass in the middle withe words there are to many bottlers in Cardiff already :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon May 09, 2011 10:07 pm

I actually started a collection for a forum flag on the forum bus to Watford. I believe we raised something like £80 if memory serves?(I think Carl still holds the cash?) The collection needs to be carried on by someone else as I could not make too many away's for a few reasons. Perhaps a volunteer could be found to carry on with the collections/donations (pref when a few sherbets have been downed to loosen the nuts on the pockets that hold the spare cash of generous forum members :D )

What was then supposed to happen (when enough funds were raised) was that we get forum members to put their designs on here and everyone vote for the best one. (about £250ish should be enough I reckon)

If someone would like to volunteer to collect on the Reading bus, I'm sure Carl would be happy for someone to carry on with it as I know he has enough on his plate with the organising of coaches etc, :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 09, 2011 10:14 pm

portsidejack wrote:
lewis91 wrote:want to get a new flag for the last remaining games and for next season. need ideas...

blue and yellow flag with a big pint glass in the middle withe words there are to many bottlers in Cardiff already :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

How about a swansea one saying "the whole crowd donated £1 towards the making of this flag, £47! Thanks everyone! :D :D

Mon May 09, 2011 10:52 pm

Since i accidently came up the forum bum thread a while back i have gotten bored and made a flag design on my computer but i can't get it up so i will post it on Facebook and hopefully then someone will be able to put it up.

Mon May 09, 2011 10:54 pm

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =1&theater

Tue May 10, 2011 9:00 am

Uncle Fester wrote:I actually started a collection for a forum flag on the forum bus to Watford. I believe we raised something like £80 if memory serves?(I think Carl still holds the cash?) The collection needs to be carried on by someone else as I could not make too many away's for a few reasons. Perhaps a volunteer could be found to carry on with the collections/donations (pref when a few sherbets have been downed to loosen the nuts on the pockets that hold the spare cash of generous forum members :D )

What was then supposed to happen (when enough funds were raised) was that we get forum members to put their designs on here and everyone vote for the best one. (about £250ish should be enough I reckon)

If someone would like to volunteer to collect on the Reading bus, I'm sure Carl would be happy for someone to carry on with it as I know he has enough on his plate with the organising of coaches etc, :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

great idea fester, i'm just going to have a flag that i take with myself and mates to away games, don't think i could take the responsibility for a £100 flag lol :ayatollah:
can you really trust me!?!? :lol:

Tue May 10, 2011 9:01 am

ccfc-louis wrote:How about a cross of st david flag with AAMB in each corner and CARDIFF along the yellow line
or alternatively CCFC in each corner and 'forum bums' along the line ? :ayatollah:

great idea, i was thinking of a similar idea but you have got it spot on, sounds great. cheers :ayatollah: