Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

IF YOU COULD CHANGE A RULE...... ?

Mon May 09, 2011 12:58 pm

On the pitch, Which rules would you change?

I heard one the other day which was pretty good -

"Which ever player for a team is closest for that team, when the ball goes out of play for a throw - Has to take the throw in."

"A yellow card will impliment a 10 min sin bin rule, which can happen a maximum of twice before a Red card is issued"

If you could change any rule or impliment or take away another - which would it be? :ayatollah:

Re: IF YOU COULD CHANGE A RULE...... ?

Mon May 09, 2011 1:00 pm

cardiff to be allowed to represent wales in europe via the welsh cup maybe

Mon May 09, 2011 1:01 pm

The one where you no longer have to have control of the ball to shield it. Anyone blocking a player with their body should be touching the ball at the time. :evil:

Mon May 09, 2011 1:05 pm

if a goalkeeper hold the ball for over 6 seconds,it explodes

Mon May 09, 2011 1:05 pm

Occasional Violins wrote:The one where you no longer have to have control of the ball to shield it. Anyone blocking a player with their body should be touching the ball at the time. :evil:

I hate that when a player purposely obstructs the ball to shield it out of play! pathetic..... :|

Mon May 09, 2011 1:06 pm

moz-dublin wrote:cardiff to be allowed to represent wales in europe via the welsh cup maybe

I did state rules of "on the pitch in play" :lol:

Mon May 09, 2011 1:09 pm

that football is a contact sport, and a few old fashioned bone crutchers to set the tone are allowed!!

Mon May 09, 2011 1:09 pm

Whenever any player scores against cardiff that player immediately loses his penis, grows a whopping set of jugs and dons a blue rinse hair do

Mon May 09, 2011 1:10 pm

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:Whenever any player scores against cardiff that player immediately loses his penis, grows a whopping set of jugs and dons a blue rinse hair do

Theres always one! :lol:

Mon May 09, 2011 1:12 pm

Bellamy will be able to snap tate in half and get away with it. :ayatollah:

Mon May 09, 2011 1:29 pm

Merlin wrote:On the pitch, Which rules would you change?

"Which ever player for a team is closest for that team, when the ball goes out of play for a throw - Has to take the throw in."

"A yellow card will impliment a 10 min sin bin rule, which can happen a maximum of twice before a Red card is issued"

If you could change any rule or impliment or take away another - which would it be? :ayatollah:

obstuction is the same anywhere on the pitch and not just between penalty area's

Mon May 09, 2011 1:52 pm

I think the rule when a player gets fouled and injured,and has to leave the pitch,the player who fouled,if he's had a booking,should leave pitch aswell,and come back on when the injured player does,or replacement does.

Mon May 09, 2011 1:57 pm

ngriffiths wrote:I think the rule when a player gets fouled and injured,and has to leave the pitch,the player who fouled,if he's had a booking,should leave pitch aswell,and come back on when the injured player does,or replacement does.

I agree! The fouling player gets to stay on the pitch - WTF is that all about - the offence committer gets to set an advantage to his team! its mad!

Mon May 09, 2011 1:59 pm

Obviously we need Goal Line Technology too! purely for those reasons and no other.

Mon May 09, 2011 3:10 pm

If a player recieves the ball in an onside position, running from an offside position, he's onside.

Mon May 09, 2011 5:39 pm

Fans can overrule the referee by shouting loud enough...cue to Cardiff winning every match :)

Mon May 09, 2011 5:40 pm

rolling subs like in rugby league :ayatollah:

Mon May 09, 2011 5:56 pm

i reckon we have 'britains got talent' style buzzers where fans can make the decision on what subs to make
imagaine the lecky bill if naylor played :lol: :lol:

Mon May 09, 2011 5:56 pm

eighty_8 wrote:i reckon we have 'britains got talent' style buzzers where fans can make the decision on what subs to make
imagaine the lecky bill if naylor played :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Mon May 09, 2011 6:37 pm

ngriffiths wrote:I think the rule when a player gets fouled and injured,and has to leave the pitch,the player who fouled,if he's had a booking,should leave pitch aswell,and come back on when the injured player does,or replacement does.

said that all along,glad you brought it up. :ayatollah:

Mon May 09, 2011 7:02 pm

Only Cardiff are allowed free kicks and penalties.

Mon May 09, 2011 7:07 pm

the offside rule. but within reason. like. no swinging on the goalposts while waiting for the ball. ?

Mon May 09, 2011 7:18 pm

One rule i would love to change is when Subs are made the player should be made to leave the field of play at the neaest point, Fed up of seeing players walk off really slowly to waste time :evil: :evil: :evil:

Mon May 09, 2011 7:19 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:One rule i would love to change is when Subs are made the player should be made to leave the field of play at the neaest point, Fed up of seeing players walk off really slowly to waste time :evil: :evil: :evil:

i agree constable :ayatollah:

Mon May 09, 2011 7:21 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:One rule i would love to change is when Subs are made the player should be made to leave the field of play at the neaest point, Fed up of seeing players walk off really slowly to waste time :evil: :evil: :evil:

i agree constable :ayatollah:

Cheers Sheriff :D

Mon May 09, 2011 7:23 pm

:lol: :ayatollah:

Mon May 09, 2011 7:26 pm

unless its us. at wembley . 1-0 up against forest. with 80 sec to go :ayatollah: :lol:

Mon May 09, 2011 9:24 pm

Merlin wrote:On the pitch, Which rules would you change?

technology,a manager has the right to question 3 decisions :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 09, 2011 9:30 pm

take time keeping off the ref like in rugby league and also allow trainers on when the ball is in play - also like rugby league

Mon May 09, 2011 10:04 pm

When a player is substituted off, they must run or jog off the field (unless injured) anyone who walks gets booked.