Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

THE locked up in the police van at Burnley story!

Sun May 08, 2011 8:01 pm

What a day!!!! First away day since the Emirates a couple of years ago. My first on the AAMB coach and one I'll never forget! Loved it! Heres my tale!

And as was said on the coach....Annis couldnt have written it!

Me and my boozing Jock compadre Shanka (who from this day forth will affectionately be known as Souness!)left Caerleon (cheers for the tickets once again Milly) armed with a tray of Bow and a bottle of JB whisky at 645 to jump on at Malpas with the Caerleon smurfs still rubbing the blue paint into them! Quickly introduced ourselves to Carl and Annis, all the years I have seen them down the City never spoke to them, absolutely top fellas :ayatollah:

Great crack on the way up singing, swigging and more swigging. Weirdly it was the two pints in Blackburn that sent me into Oliver Reed territory! A similarly sozzled Shanka has helped mefill in some of the blanks today. My memory is VERY hazy from that moment on! I recall doing what I do in every home game in the Canton end, swinging my shirt above my head, bouncing, singing, trying to start new chants and just having a blast. Next thing without any build up or warning, a steward yanks my arm behind my back and leads me out saying I was not staying in my seat and was drunk. After meeting similarly intoxicated City fans outside who had also been ejected, I got talking to the old bill, about being unfairly treated etc. Next thing I am being put into the back of the police van where I sat in the dark for what seemed like an age. But alas, I had my hip flask to relieve the boredom and frustration!!!

Next thing the engine starts up, here we go I though a night in the cells in this shitehole town. Suddenly theres a bang on the door, I hear a voice saying 'hang on we gotta another one here!' Great I thought a bit of company to share my malt with me! The doors fling open, the daylight streams in and of 3000 bluebirds who do you think it was who was bundled in with me?????????? - Shanka!!!!! W T F!!!! Laugh? I nearly cried!!!!! We hugged like long lost brothers and then went back to work on the whisky, laughing our asses off. He told me that he went out half time to look for me and was similarly ejected for staggering about!! Anyway instead of being dropped at the cop shop they left us at the coach park, so fair play to them for that. At least one copper commented that we were alright lads and maybe a little unlucky! The nightmare of finding the coach with double vision was some ordeal, and reminded me of the Barnsley game at Wembley where we looked for our coach for hours!! :lol:

Of course when the gang returned and listened to our story, there was much laughter at our expenses :lol: Carl in particular asked me to repeat it!!!! And as I said to Annis, he couldnt have written it!! Then of course came the chant, Souness do the ayatollah! Now I know he is Scottish, has seventies Souness/Starsky hair, has Ollie Reed eyes, but hates being the centre of attention! (turned down being best man at my wedding for fear of fainting!!) So not a suprise if he has a haircut for Reading!!! Great journey back, wrestling in the aisles, Harry Potter getting loads of chants, and me being told off for having a number 2 in the loo :oops: !!!!!

Oh yeah favourite chants of the day were the Keinan jewish song and "Annis, shall we write a book for you!"

Bloody rough today, and am trying very hard to get a ticket for Reading, which of course means I wanna get back on the bus!

Credit to you Annis and Carl

Souness do the ayatollah! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: THE locked up in the police van at Burnley story!

Sun May 08, 2011 8:10 pm

Nice to meet you Sheriff :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: Great story laughed my head off

Sun May 08, 2011 8:24 pm

tangledupinblue wrote:What a day!!!! First away day since the Emirates a couple of years ago. My first on the AAMB coach and one I'll never forget! Loved it! Heres my tale!

And as was said on the coach....Annis couldnt have written it!

Me and my boozing Jock compadre Shanka (who from this day forth will affectionately be known as Souness!)left Caerleon (cheers for the tickets once again Milly) armed with a tray of Bow and a bottle of JB whisky at 645 to jump on at Malpas with the Caerleon smurfs still rubbing the blue paint into them! Quickly introduced ourselves to Carl and Annis, all the years I have seen them down the City never spoke to them, absolutely top fellas :ayatollah:

Great crack on the way up singing, swigging and more swigging. Weirdly it was the two pints in Blackburn that sent me into Oliver Reed territory! A similarly sozzled Shanka has helped mefill in some of the blanks today. My memory is VERY hazy from that moment on! I recall doing what I do in every home game in the Canton end, swinging my shirt above my head, bouncing, singing, trying to start new chants and just having a blast. Next thing without any build up or warning, a steward yanks my arm behind my back and leads me out saying I was not staying in my seat and was drunk. After meeting similarly intoxicated City fans outside who had also been ejected, I got talking to the old bill, about being unfairly treated etc. Next thing I am being put into the back of the police van where I sat in the dark for what seemed like an age. But alas, I had my hip flask to relieve the boredom and frustration!!!

Next thing the engine starts up, here we go I though a night in the cells in this shitehole town. Suddenly theres a bang on the door, I hear a voice saying 'hang on we gotta another one here!' Great I thought a bit of company to share my malt with me! The doors fling open, the daylight streams in and of 3000 bluebirds who do you think it was who was bundled in with me?????????? - Shanka!!!!! W T F!!!! Laugh? I nearly cried!!!!! We hugged like long lost brothers and then went back to work on the whisky, laughing our asses off. He told me that he went out half time to look for me and was similarly ejected for staggering about!! Anyway instead of being dropped at the cop shop they left us at the coach park, so fair play to them for that. At least one copper commented that we were alright lads and maybe a little unlucky! The nightmare of finding the coach with double vision was some ordeal, and reminded me of the Barnsley game at Wembley where we looked for our coach for hours!! :lol:

Of course when the gang returned and listened to our story, there was much laughter at our expenses :lol: Carl in particular asked me to repeat it!!!! And as I said to Annis, he couldnt have written it!! Then of course came the chant, Souness do the ayatollah! Now I know he is Scottish, has seventies Souness/Starsky hair, has Ollie Reed eyes, but hates being the centre of attention! (turned down being best man at my wedding for fear of fainting!!) So not a suprise if he has a haircut for Reading!!! Great journey back, wrestling in the aisles, Harry Potter getting loads of chants, and me being told off for having a number 2 in the loo :oops: !!!!!

Oh yeah favourite chants of the day were the Keinan jewish song and "Annis, shall we write a book for you!"

Bloody rough today, and am trying very hard to get a ticket for Reading, which of course means I wanna get back on the bus!

Credit to you Annis and Carl

Souness do the ayatollah! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Brilliant story fair play to you. I am glad Shanka got home safe as he wanted to get off at Coryton he kept telling me but ended up insisting he got off at High Cross :o

By the way this hip flask you talk about, I am finishing it off you :lol:

You left it on the bus I will bring it next game and give it back to you :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

If you want to come to Reading I have 4 seats left :ayatollah:

Sun May 08, 2011 8:29 pm

Classic fair play I wAs sat in front of you on way home
And by the way is Shankar colonel gadaffi's twin :old:

Sun May 08, 2011 8:31 pm

Heehee!

Can you put my name down Carl, Shanka/Souness/Starsky cant make it! and I will pm you tomorrow with confirmation that i have a ticket or not. That hip flask saw some action yesterday and had more refills than the bottle could handle! :ayatollah: If I come to Reading the whisky stays on the shelf! :oops: :old: :ayatollah: :D :lol: :ayatollah:

Great to meet you mate

Sun May 08, 2011 8:33 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:Classic fair play I wAs sat in front of you on way home

He is David Souls sidekick in a 70s cop show mixed with Leo Sayer with the accent of Rab C Nesbitt! :ayatollah:

Sun May 08, 2011 8:35 pm

tangledupinblue wrote:
bluebirdbaz wrote:Classic fair play I wAs sat in front of you on way home

He is David Souls sidekick in a 70s cop show mixed with Leo Sayer with the accent of Rab C Nesbitt! :ayatollah:

Good to meet you Baz, Milly had told me all about you!!! (All good!) :ayatollah:

Sun May 08, 2011 8:36 pm

What a Great laugh you both were and what a story, GREAT TO MEET YOU :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I am sure Carl will sort you a READING Ticket out, SEE YOU ON THE COACH TO READING :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun May 08, 2011 8:43 pm

Forever Blue wrote:What a Great laugh you both were and what a story, GREAT TO MEET YOU :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I am sure Carl will sort you a READING Ticket out, SEE YOU ON THE COACH TO READING :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I'll be there, I'll be there with my little pick and shovel I'll be there! :ayatollah: Wasnt expecting to meet 50 annis' when I boarded the coach! :ayatollah:

Sun May 08, 2011 8:45 pm

tangledupinblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:What a Great laugh you both were and what a story, GREAT TO MEET YOU :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I'll be there, I'll be there with my little pick and shovel I'll be there! :ayatollah: Wasnt expecting to meet 50 annis' when I boarded the coach! :ayatollah:

:lol: :lol:

Nor was I, Carl,Lyndon and Carls brother planned it all, Bastards :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun May 08, 2011 8:59 pm

The funniest part of the day was your mate trying to light and smoke a pick of cigarette filters all the way back to Wales!

He nearly set the bus on fire! And he didntt have a clue! :lol:

Sun May 08, 2011 8:59 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
tangledupinblue wrote:

:lol: :lol:

Nor was I, Carl,Lyndon and Carls brother planned it all, Bastards :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

There was 30 Carls too! Or was that the whisky! :oops: :ayatollah:

Sun May 08, 2011 9:07 pm

PhatFrog wrote:The funniest part of the day was your mate trying to light and smoke a pick of cigarette filters all the way back to Wales!

Serious?! OMG! One day I will write a book about our drunken tales following the City! Once woke up after a Jacks gamebin a badly ploughed field covered in bird poo! :ayatollah:

Sun May 08, 2011 10:19 pm

PhatFrog wrote:The funniest part of the day was your mate trying to light and smoke a pick of cigarette filters all the way back to Wales!

Funny as f**k the cigarette filters :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun May 08, 2011 10:31 pm

what a f*cking beaut. last time i ever get you a ticket. your a disgrace! if your down baleros in the week gimme a buzz if not see you friday :ayatollah:

Sun May 08, 2011 10:39 pm

milly44 wrote:what a f*cking beaut. last time i ever get you a ticket. your a disgrace! if your down baleros in the week gimme a buzz if not see you friday :ayatollah:

All about brownie points with the missus at the mo Nath! My Wednesday night out in Boleros might have
to be sacrificed for Fridays trip! If I sneak out on Weds will text you mate :ayatollah:

Mon May 09, 2011 12:08 pm

I was a good effort from Souness with the filters. Think it was four and a half he got through before turning the stick around and melting it to his lip :lol: The look on your face when you were reunited with your bottle of whiskey upon getting off the bus was a picture.

Mon May 09, 2011 4:57 pm

jackland_bluebird wrote:I was a good effort from Souness with the filters. Think it was four and a half he got through before turning the stick around and melting it to his lip :lol: The look on your face when you were reunited with your bottle of whiskey upon getting off the bus was a picture.

tangleupinblue and his mate were a great double act fair play, never laughed so much when Souness was smoking those filters and just didn't realise he was doing it, :o :lol: Cant wait to see you all again Friday :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: