Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Premiership or Championship?????

Sun May 08, 2011 2:32 pm

It is all very well having dreams, but dreams are always mind exaggerations. The truth is that Cardill will either win or lose the play-offs, win or lose the final or be in the Premiership or Chamionships league next season. Now allegedly season after season Cardiff have always got better. They achieved a place in the final last year but were soundly beaten by Blackpool, and I know Cardiff talisman Bothroyd went off in the first half, but looking into the abyss and it is Championship football next year, will it mean a change of staff, players or/and manager. If it is Championship football next year, I do not think Cardiff will do as well as they did this season. The likelihood is that bigger boys such as possibly Wolves, West Ham and Wigan will be opponents, and not to put to finer point on it, Nottingham Forest, Swansea and Reading also. It is going to be very hard and this years players will be a year older!!!! I fear the worst.

Re: Premiership or Championship?????

Sun May 08, 2011 2:47 pm

Lee Gwan

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Re: Premiership or Championship?????

Sun May 08, 2011 3:05 pm

dan, i know what you are saying, however we need to keep the faith.... as people keep saying!!!!

however i look at things more positively!!!

scenario 1 - we get to wembley and win the play offs, malaysians spend big over the summer and we have a ball in the premier league.

scenario 2 - we lose the semi to reading or god forbid swansea in the final. we have a massive clear out over the summer of the dead wood players and manager bring in new blood.... THEN WE GO UP NEXT YEAR!!!

gotta keep the dream alive its gonna happen sooner rather than later!!!