Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Hudson

Sat May 07, 2011 10:37 pm

Any updates on his injury?

I don't rate him but I'd rather have him than that disgrace JlS, or even worse, Naylor.

Once again, our defending will be the end of us. DJ was a centre half FFS, why can't he get it right?

Re: Hudson

Sat May 07, 2011 10:42 pm

What do you mean by get it right? He tried to bring in loovens, Gabbidon and more. If as he wanted we had signed Keinan at the start of the season I think we would have go top2

I rate Hudson but he looks way off it today, made sense to play him and give him game time but for play offs it has to be kev, and Keinan CB with Quinn RB then another at left back be it JLS or Blake.

Sat May 07, 2011 11:09 pm

Hudson is a quality CB Damned Yank, and I can't believe some people still have a chip on their shoulder when it comes to Hudson. The fact he was beaten (narrowly I think) by Super Kev to player of the year says it all.

He's just not match-fit that's all, if he wasn't up to standard today ! It's going to take a fair few games for him to regain fitness after missing so many weeks, but the only problem is that he doesn't have much time to, similar to Gerrard at the end of last season.

The defence I'd like to see on a weekly basis when everyone is fit and healthy is Quinn, Hudson, Keinan and Kev. Blake is more than adequate when called upon in either full-back position (I think his days at centre-half are numbered personally), as he's shown he's more than capable of playing, and playing well at LB, recently, having also shown his talent at RB on numerous occasions. Quinn is just quality - in the form of his life !

Sun May 08, 2011 1:57 am

2blue, the defence remains our achilles heel. Trying to bring in players doesn't mean much in my book.

Cwmamman, fair enough if you rate him, I just don't. That said, I'd rather him than those other idiots so hopefully he's alright.

Sun May 08, 2011 12:50 pm

Why do you not rate him ?

Sun May 08, 2011 2:41 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:Why do you not rate him ?

I can't deny he's got better, a lot better TBH, but I don't think he can get better enough for us to go up with him at the back.

He always seems easily bullied by the big strikers. howard takes the piss with him.

Sun May 08, 2011 4:13 pm

how come no one thinks kienen has lost form at the wrong time

Sun May 08, 2011 6:49 pm

Damned Yank wrote:

I can't deny he's got better, a lot better TBH, but I don't think he can get better enough for us to go up with him at the back.

He always seems easily bullied by the big strikers. howard takes the piss with him.

He handled a Premier League striker this season with no difficulty whatsoever in Yakubu, and I think he'd be fine should we go up, provided he has the right partner alongside him, i.e Keinan.

He hasn't had to play Howard this season I don't think ? Interesting to see how he would've got on seeing he's improved so much.

I never want to criticise a player of the club, because I'm not that kind of fan, but I must say I had doubts at the end of last season about Hudson. Now they are well and truly gone :ayatollah:

Sun May 08, 2011 10:36 pm

Hudson has been quality this season, shame he got injured during the Millwall game. Coming back from ligament injury can be very difficult, I know had it myself, it will take time to get to full match fitness and that little return of confidence.
In the meantime if JLS is to be selected, he'll need to put in a performance of his life, if he is to be forgiven.

But for my it will have to be Blake and Quinn as full backs, with kev and keinan as c.b.'s.

Sun May 08, 2011 10:43 pm

no way would i risk him for friday, needs more game time and a playoff semi isnt one of those.

Mon May 09, 2011 1:50 am

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:
Damned Yank wrote:

He handled a Premier League striker this season with no difficulty whatsoever in Yakubu, and I think he'd be fine should we go up, provided he has the right partner alongside him, i.e Keinan.

He hasn't had to play Howard this season I don't think ? Interesting to see how he would've got on seeing he's improved so much.

I never want to criticise a player of the club, because I'm not that kind of fan, but I must say I had doubts at the end of last season about Hudson. Now they are well and truly gone :ayatollah:

Can't say fairer than that. Injury did happen at the wrong time for the lad.

GDoes any one have any injury updates on him?

Mon May 09, 2011 6:53 am

troobloo3339 wrote:how come no one thinks kienen has lost form at the wrong time

The Bor game he was poor and looked a bit suspect in the 1st half on Staurday. 2nd half I though he settled down so hopefully he bang on form for the play-offs !

Mon May 09, 2011 7:51 am

Not quick enough for this level and this time of the season.....
In fact I have seen milk turn quicker....................... :oops:

Mon May 09, 2011 11:53 am

Interesting discussion.

Kev has been absolutely quality for the club. No-one would argue with that. And he'd be my first choice FB. But he's looked very shakey in the middle. It's not his position and though he will play wherever asked - such is his commitment - he's vulnerable CB.

Hudson has been brilliant this season for my money. I've not been a big fan of his prior to this season. But I think, not only have his performances been so much better this season, he's been a good talker and leader in the back four.

If Hudson isn't fit, I'd play Blake in his place. Blake always gives his all and he's a bloody good player. Better than the number of appearances he's had merits. I would much prefer him along side Keinan at CB if Hudson's not fit.

Quinn's been better in recent weeks. Him and Kev as FBs. Though that pushes one onto their less favoured side. But it's gotta be tons better than JLS or Naylor. Either of those on the team sheet and you're inviting the opponents to attack our left side, particularly as Whittingham is lightweight backing up his FB defensively.

Tue May 10, 2011 12:58 am

It's been emotional wrote:Not quick enough for this level and this time of the season.....

Who denzel keinan or hudson?

Tue May 10, 2011 7:49 am

Damned Yank wrote:
It's been emotional wrote:Not quick enough for this level and this time of the season.....

Who denzel keinan or hudson?

Who :lol: HUDSON :ayatollah: :ayatollah: