Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Swansea above us.....

Sat May 07, 2011 8:31 pm

Really doesn't mean anything when you look at it in terms of the play-offs. Sure it's distressing for nearly all of us given who they are and what they've had to work with in terms of money etc. compared to us, but is it really that bad that they are above us ? Sure it would be catastrophic had QPR been deducted points, as they'll have taken the last automatic promotion spot, but the FA have made a right cock-up regarding 'Faurlingate' so let's not go into that :lol:

Because of us finishing 4th and them 3rd, we've both guaranteed our second leg of the play-offs is at home (something we'd confirmed prior to today, whereas they had the possibility of Reading leapfrogging them), and they've got arguably (certainly in mine and a lot of others' opinion) the tougher game in the semi-final. Like I said it would've been extremely hard to take them being 2nd and us 3rd, but that's not happened obviously.

Thoughts ?

Re: Swansea above us.....

Sat May 07, 2011 8:37 pm

it means they are the best team in wales, even if we go up in the play offs it wouldn't mean we were the best team this season the play offs are a lottery over 46 games they were better than us and that pisses me right off :twisted:

Sat May 07, 2011 8:39 pm

if anyone heard his comments after the game DJ hinted that he wanted 4'th position after hearing the news regarding QPR

whether he was distracting our performance on the day is for the conspiracy theorists !

Sat May 07, 2011 8:46 pm

the blue path wrote:it means they are the best team in wales, even if we go up in the play offs it wouldn't mean we were the best team this season the play offs are a lottery over 46 games they were better than us and that pisses me right off :twisted:

For me the season includes the play-offs, i.e a 48/49 game season. If we win the play-offs, certainly if we beat them in the final, I don't think anyone will care that they were 5 goals better off !